Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
whats your favorite mineral makeup brand?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
a friend introduced me to mineral makeup last month.. she got me the bare escentuals kit and i really like it. its totally convered me! the only thing i dont like about it is that bare escentuals still gives off a bit of a shine and the color match isnt exact, but it doesnt break me out and that is a huge plus. i really like the coverage.. more natural than anything ive tried. before this i was using laura mercier oil free foundation.
so what are your favorite brands? i have yet to try jane iredale (its quite expensive) maybe some day i'll head in a spa for a complimentary makeover to try it out...
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Physicians Formula is very good Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Powder foundation. It has a really nice finish ... a nice natural look .. not too shimmery, not too matte. I recently picked up the Powder Set as well and it seems to make it wear even better.
Kalumbia

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been using my fav. mineral makeup since 2002. All I can say is that I have had AMAZING RESULTS. It cleared up my acne which was horrible and gave me my confidence back. I just purchased three...count them THREE Jane Iredale Amazing Pressed Base Compacts. Love the price EDS!! KEEP IT UP! Smile
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Tried them all - staying with Jane Iredale. Use their loose powder in Radiant and sometimes Satin.

Try the Delphi Mineral Make-up Mania boards to see about other brands.
GKnee
5% products discount

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could wear mineral foundation but looks totally unnatural on me. The only mineral product I can use and absolutely love is Bare Essential loose bronzer in Warmth. It's the one product I would take to a desserted island with me.
karrieann

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I love my BE but I would love to try JI. I hear a lot of really good things about the line.
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried lots of samples from different companies and I still go back to BE. A little shine but I can torelate it. The color matches my skin and it is good enough to cover up my acne scars. No breakouts.

I've heard good words about JI but the pressed powder broke me out. Luckily what I used was just a small sample.

Glominerals pressed powder is very fine and it doesn't cause any breakout. But choice of colors is limited.

People rave about J. Lynne but personally I think their powder is just not smooth enough. It looks heavier on my face.

I guess the best way to play with mineral makeup is to shop around for small smaples. Hope you will find one you like. Laughing Laughing
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Larenim MMU for me!! Laughing Laughing Laughing No Bismuth, very simple ingredients

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Jane Iredale - I picked this brand mostly because the pressed powder was a better match for my skin tone than other brands I looked at. I have stuck with it for the last year, and I still really like it.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like Jane Iredale's Amazing Base for its superior quality. Really stands up to humidity. Too bad she hasn't made a shade that matches me well enough..i'm in between Warm Silk and Golden Glow. Sigh
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I've used Pure Luxe ... and it's great. I've used CoverFX ... and it's great. I've also been using Physician's Formula and it's really good as well.

None of the above have bismuth ... and none have caused breakouts.

I'm in love with what minerals do for my skin. There's a learning curve ... but once you get the hang of what you should and should not do with it ... it's amazing.

All of the above give good coverage and last all day long. I've had none "melt" off due to heat and humidity ...

You just have to try some and see which ones suit you.

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is bareFaced Minerals Velvet Plush formula. It is a very soft loose powder that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and the color match is perfect. I have sensitive combo skin. A great range of colors and Rhonda will custom blend for you if needed.

I tried Jane Iredale and Lily Lolo - both caused irritation - JI because of the Bismuth Oxychloride
and Lily Lolo's formulation itched alot and there was no color match for me.

Sampling Smile is the best way to go because the formulations are all different and cover differently.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Sampling is the best way to go with MMU...

Yes, BE and JI are the heavy hitters, but in my opinion don't have nearly the color selection as some of the new smaller, hand-crafted artisans who make some beautiful MMU - not just foundation, but lippies, blushes, concealers, skincare, you name it....

None of the names below contain Bismuth Oxychloride - which can be an irritant - these are all super finely milled and are just gorgeous and natural, not to shiny not too matte.

BareFaced Minerals - Amazing color selection and customer service - Velvet Plush/Velvet Glove are must tries - heavier in Zinc Oxide, Vitamin E added for smoothness of application. A million color selections.

Alima - Outstanding mineral makeup - same with customer service - beautiful color selection - blushes are to DIE for! I love the foundation

Lauress - Another AMAZING mineral makeup - this is fast becoming my favorite - lasts all day - your skin looks perfect with it on - like velvet - huge color selection....sigh

EveryDay Minerals - the non-bismuth, closest to BE MMU...excellent customer service, free samples to get you started..three formulas- original glow, semi matte, matte. Absolutely worth the time to check it out.

Aromaleigh - I've kind of drifted from the them as of late b/c I'm having such a love affair with Lauress, but again, huge color selection, good customer service.

I am going to do a review of Alima, BFM, and Lauress in a week or so, but right now I HIGHLY recommend them.

Maria Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I have three favorites:

Alima-the most natural-looking for me and feels like I have nothing on my skin. This is my every day foundation. Light-Medium coverage for me

Everyday Minerals-I alternate between semi-matte and matte formulations. I like the slight "glow" it gives. Light-Medium coverage for me

Melange-For days when my skin just looks like hell. It has no glow and can be cakey if overapplied, but the coverage is excellent. Medium to heavy coverage for me
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I've only tried BE...only because it's not too expensive compared to some of the higher end MMU.
Though I might be swayed...I just have to take the time to pick samples and order some other brands.

I'm thinking EveryDay minerals... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Just ordered my samples from EveryDay minerals.

I paid only 3.37 for shipping to AZ.

You get a choice of 3 foundation colors in your choice of finishes (I experimented and ordered all three finishes, a dewy one, semi-matte and matte) a free sample blush and a free sample of their finishing powder.

Their prices are unbeatable, if the makeup works well.
I can buy my finishing powder (like BE mineral veil) and foundation for a few bucks LESS than just one BE foundation!

If this works for me, I'll be a very happy camper!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I love Everyday Minerals. The trial sizes are great.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Pure Luxe and Barefaced Minerals are the best!!

I've tried jane iredale, everyday minerals, and monave with no luck....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I love Jane Iredale, I also like BE. Would never go back to liquid makeup again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 100% over-the-moon in love with Pur Minerals Very Happy . Their stuff is amazing. They used to only make 4 colours, which meant that I could only use it in the summertime when I was tanned, but now they've just come out with Porcelain, so I'll be wearing it year round.

Their blushes, lipsticks and eyeshadows are amazing too!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I love, love, Love PureLuxe.

I have been using the Suntan foundation this summer, and I look absolutely sunkissed and glowing without looking shiny. And I don't have to bake myself in the sun to look this great.

PureLuxe has my vote for "The Best MMU"!

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jane Iredale.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I love mmu. I've been sampling for a number of mo. now tring to find my HG foundation and of course blush and eye colors. I 've almost decided my HG foundation is either Cory Cosmetics or bareFaced minerals. I like eye and blush colors from PureLuxe, Valerie Cosmetics, bFM, Larinem, MAD and Aromaleigh. Sampling is the way to go-mmu goes a long way, so samples last awhile. I tried BE about 5 years ago and couldn't tolerate the itchiness from the bismuth, I also didn't the degree of shininess it has.IMO
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I like Everyday Minerals and my new favorite Lisha Lynn. The products with the fewest ingredients seem to work best for me. I'm open to other lines, as long as they have samples.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |