Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
wondering why 'posts' are stuck on same number
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i'm pretty new here. i just noticed that my 'posts' have been stuck at 12. i checked and noticed others' posts are also stuck.

i'm wondering why this is - can someone enlighten me? Smile

thanks!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
dang --- wouldn't you know it, that previous post got me listed at 13.

but still would like to know why that happened, if anyone knows Smile
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed that. You're unstuck now, this one said 13 for you Smile
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
maybe this is what you are seeing- now that you've hit 14, any of your posts say 14. Because it is tied to your username/profile, not the post itself. Does that make sense?
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
hi nyjlm

sorry, i'm not understanding about it being tied to my username/profilei nstead of the post itself.

could you elaborate?

thanks!
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
When you hit 14, all of the posts you've made show as 14, not 1, 2, 3, etc. So each time you add one to your post count, every post you've made shows as that number.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
okay -- now I understand!

thanks, nyjlm!
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed this too. It seems to happen to everyone, so don't feel special Laughing.

They also will go backward Question

Sorry, nyjlm, didn't understand a word you said. Confused
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
hi donnababe

what nyjlm was explaining is that the 'post' section is constantly update to reflect your current post total.

so, my (and your) very first post no longer reads '1' but will be the same as the number shown on my latest post. and then that number will increase with each additional post we make

hope that clarifies things for you Smile

uh... you're joking about it going backward, right?!
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
uh... you're joking about it going backward, right?!

Nope, I've seen it happen with my very own eyes Shock

I must be thick headed...still not getting it.

Are you saying this. The first time you post it will be 1. Every post that day will register as 1 on the board (but someplace magical it keeps an accurate count). The next day that you post it will reflect an accurate count on the first post only and keep that number on all the posts that day? etc., etc.,
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
ok, will try to explain again Smile

right now i am at 18 posts. when i finish writing this one and then hit the submit button, it will show that I have made a total of 19 posts

but when i make a post after that -- my 20th, the number next to 'posts' on *this* message (and any other posts on eds I made in the past) will change from 19 to 20 to reflect the total number of posts i've made since joining.

and that will happen for each additional post... in other words, if you were to come across a post i made 3 days ago, it will show my *current* post total -- the number on previous posts is constantly undated to reflect the total posts we've made

test it for yourself... check how many posts are listed for you on the 2 posts you made so far on this topic/thread... they should both be the same number (267 is what I see as I write this) ... then write a response to this post

after you hit submit, check the numbers on all three posts you made here, they should *all be the same number*, updated to show the total number of posts you've made since joining eds (probably 268, unless you've made other posts after #267 and before this one)

hth!!
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I won't tell you how meany times I had to read your post before the fog lifted. Rolling Eyes

Some days the brain just dose not work!

Thanks for taking so much time with me, montrealgal.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |