Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Excema treatment for children
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
polylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Please could anyone advice me on excema treatment for my 2 year old grandson. We do not want to use the steroid cream given by the doctor. thankyou
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Triceram Cream by Osmotics works well. I believe you can get it through Sephora and via online derm stores as well. It is a barrier repair cream and is drug free--it helps strengthen the skin's natural barrier function. I am a medical writer and I wrote about it--I have also used it on my eczema. It is expensive but worth it to me.
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
several of my friends have had great luck giving their kids a child's priobiotic from the health food store.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Another thing that helps is flaxseed oil, taken internally. I'd suggest going to a reputable healthfood store and finding out the proper dosage for a child that age.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
oatmeal baths followed by an ACV rinse.

slather him head-toe in vaseline, it provides the moisture lock that his skin isn't right now and holds in the loisture so that his skin can heal.
PrairieGirl

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Body Botanicals Herbal Baby Balm(body botanicals dot ws <i can't post a website>)
I used to work in a health food store and recommended this to anyonewith ezcema (baby or not) and they all came back to me with very positive results. The chickweed works to reduce itching while the good oils and butters sooth and heal the skin. Shea butter & avocado oil are both good choices, as well, due to shea's regenerative properties and avocado's high efa fat content.
Internally, add essential fatty acids (flax, borage, good fish oils, nuts) and watch the sugar. Sugar is a big culpurt for people with ezcema...especially little kids. A good diet is key.
Good luck!
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Poly!

While everyone has good suggestions, I would encourage you and/or your daughter to speak with your grandsons physician and tell him/her that you would prefer a more natural approach.

If his doctor does not believe in doing things naturally then perhaps it is time to look for a second opinion and consider changing physicians.

Children that young have many many doctors appointments to go and it is important that the parents or caregivers and physician are on the same page so that the child can receive the optimum care.

Also, none of us (that I know of) have seen your grandchild, so we do not know how advanced his excema may be or what type it is.

While hydration will help a lot of excema flare ups, some actually need to be dried out with a cortizone cream or the like... and no one here wants your grandchild to suffer longer than he has too.

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
A big thankyou for all your helpful advice. I have printed the page and sent it to my daughter. She is overwhelmed that there are quite a few differant natural products to try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Earth to Body has an eczema cream that's 100% organic. Also California Baby has products just for these purposes.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
My sister's son, who is 2, suffers very badly from eczema. After using prescription creams since he was very young, she's now finding that thoroughly eliminating dust (dust mites) in the house and particularly his bed and bedroom is stopping him getting the attacks in the first place.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
When my son was only a month old, he developed eczema very badly on his face. I went to a health food store and they recommended Derma E's Psorzema Cream and it worked wonders for him. Their web site iswww.dermae.net. Our nightly process was Aveeno oatmeal bath soak for 15 mins, then lather total body with Glaxal Base Cream, then the Derma E cream on the eczema spots throughout the day. We also started using dye and fragrance free detergent and fabric softener and stopped using bounce sheets. Natura sells a resuable static cling sheet that is just a special material, no chemicals. All this helped his eczema drastically.

Last month we started my son on rice cereal and he got sick and broke out in hives wherever it touched his skin. He went for allergy testing and we found that he was allergic to milk protein. We were informed that when I drink milk, trace amounts get into breast milk, so when I drank alot of milk, this was causing his eczema. I have significantly decreased my milk consumption and his eczema has disappeared. You might want to tell your daughter to have her son tested for allergies.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
you can increase the humidity in your house with a humidifier, avoid stress, put cotton gloves on him so he doesn't scratch and break the skin, the main thing as some have said already is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

which corticosteroid did your doctor give you and where are the affected areas? sometimes, eczema can be so bad there's really nothing else to reduce the redness and inflammation and you have to use it. you can minimize the side effects (e.g. thinning of the skin, systemic absorption) by using a steroid-sparing agent (e.g. vaseline) in which you stop using the corticosteroid for every few weeks and just use something like vaseline on the skin for about a week. This way, the skin does not build tolerance to the corticosteroid and it gives the skin a break. good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |