Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Organic Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Burts Bees!!! I looooooooooove their lemon poppy scrub, it is the one product that I am happy to use on my face since it is all natural, and it leaves my skin looking incredibly healthy and glowing. I love it so much that I order it in bulk from the USA (sadly they don`t sell it here in Europe) and have it shipped here. Great stuff...
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
My skin type is combination sensitive - emphasis on the sensitive and more dry than oily.

My favorites are:

ISUN - a new discovery
Rosa Y Fruta - great customer service
Hema - lovely, handblended oils Very Happy
ddbaby

Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is very oily and acne prone. I have tried so many products, and most of them just made my breakouts worse. Then I heard about Jurlique and tried. It is actually much better than I expected, especially the herbal recovery gel and the arnica cream.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
So far I have not found an effective one - Jurlique, Rosa Y Fruta, Suki, Dr. H and many many more - some were nice but none really did something for my skin.

Next on the list to try - Marie Veronique and Henry Tianus.

Athena, where did you find Fyrinnae lipgloss? I could not locate it on their website.

TIA,
Lucy.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
So far I have not found an effective one - Jurlique, Rosa Y Fruta, Suki, Dr. H and many many more - some were nice but none really did something for my skin.

Next on the list to try - Marie Veronique and Henry Tianus.

Athena, where did you find Fyrinnae lipgloss? I could not locate it on their website.

TIA,
Lucy.

Lucy, when you describe them as "not effective", what do you mean? Are you referring to things like wrinkles? or ? Just curious! Laughing
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody know how to get Dr Haushcka's sunscreen? EDS does not carry it.
Thanks
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
In my case it did not help with anything - uneven skin tone, old and a few new acne scars, some acne, eye bags/beginn. wrinkles; neck, which begins to show my age, - nothing dramatic.

Jurlique went back to the store, Dr. H did as well, the only one which I did like was Rosa Y Fruta (my mom lover her body cream).

HTH,
Lucy.

Sat May 03, 2008 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I love the REN skincare.

I love its Active 7 Radiant Eye Maintenance Gel. It contains Bio Actives ingredients.

From the package box : It is a light and cooling gel formulated with mucilages from Fig to cool, refresh and revive tired eyes. Arnica, Ginseng and Jiaogulan extracts reduce puffiness while tyrosinase inhibitor from Wild Rumex and Vitamin P address dark circles under the eyes. Sea Grass and natural hyaluronic acid from Corn smooth and tone the eye contour, providing lasting hydrating to facilitate makeup application.

My feedback : I had already finished my 1st bottle and I am getting 2 bottles of it. It is non-sticky and it is refreshing to my eyes. My dark circles have improved abit but I guess it is because of my on-going late nights.

It is easily absorbed and does not leave any stickiness or greasiness. The best part is I can use it all over the eyes area (including the upper eyelids) and also not worry it will cause any milia seeds around my eye areas.

Cheers! Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I have very dry/sensitive skin and I like Dr. Hauschka especially the Rose Day Cream.

I did not like Rosa Y Fruta - very nice oils but they just seemed to sit on top of my skin and did nothing else. But in all fairness to this skin care line many people rave about the products.
annima
5% products discount

Sat May 03, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody tried the Organic Pharmacy's lip & eye cream?Please,tell me,I want to buy it,but it's expensive for me and I need more opinions.Only my friend in England sais it's fantastic>
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
zenbiotic, weleda (skin food), ren (shaving oil, jojoba scrub and eye makeup remover), psf, gaia made for men (though great for women too!) (face wash) . . .
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I believe that many organic skin care lines can be fine for younger people without serious issues in terms of sagging, wrinkles and age spots.

Heading 40 in a couple of years I don't believe there are enough active ingredients in many of the organic products to help me "stay young".

That said, I don't know if other skin care lines can help me, either, but I reckon to have better chances with potent vit A and C products, idebenone etc.

From my research, there are a couple of interesting high tech organic skin care lines out there. The Organic Pharmacy makes potent antioxidant serums and creams. Having tried the starter kit, I am tempted to buy some full size products, but they are expensive. The ingredients in the Henry Tianus line seems to be excellent. His products are on my wish-list.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if Juara is considered organic but I got their travel kit from QVC and their products are nice. My favorite so far is the turmeric mask which is not drying although it includes clay in it. It also feels active on my face - must be the high antioxidant level. For more info on the mask (and some comments on their other products), see this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24272

EDS carries Juara and Juara has a website as well:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juara-organic-skin-care.htm www.juaraskincare.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I won a few full sized Henry Tianus products a couple of years ago and was extremely impressed with the products I'd received and I've heard such great reviews for the line, i'm thinking of trying a few more of their products.

I also recently began using a new organic skincare line called Sophyto, apparentely the products are water based and are soil association approved.
So i'm trying their Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser, Ultra Mild Silken Cleanser, Purify & Energise Super Bioactive Toner, Normalising Day Cream, Refining Peel Active Mask and lastly Polyphenol Skin Drops.
I haven't been using the products for that long but everything I have tried seems to absorb into my skin so well without leaving it feeling tacky or sticky.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I too also think juice beauty product line is fantastic although i have some friends who use eminence as well.

i have read on other threads that eminence masks are excellent and plenty to choose from.

EDS also carry Kimberley Sayer, is also organic, i read on some of the products and the products sound quite good but ive never used this range.

EDS have a link for organic products on their home page, best to browse through and see what ingredients your looking for.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
im currently very fond of jurlique's calendula cream and herbal recovery gel (tho im still just sampling the herbal recovery gel- already repurchased the calendula cream in the large size!)
dr. hauschka did not agree with my skin, but i like the lip balm, even tho its the kind you need to keep reapplying.
someone mentioned psf in this thread, is it organic??
khalie
5% products discount

Sun May 04, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Eminence is fantastic. I started using Eminence Pink Grapefruit-C Gel it is so lovely and my combination skin is not shiny after a day at play.

John Masters is great for Hair products
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
My skin type is combination sensitive - emphasis on the sensitive and more dry than oily.

My favorites are:

ISUN - a new discovery

Tisa, I looked at the ISUN products a while ago and they looked interesting, but expensive, here in the UK at least. Which products are you using from the range?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
So far, I am most impressed with the 100% pure products. (that's the name of the brand)
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wow so much information! I will try and remember most of the products for my next big purchase.
Has anyone tried a great facial moisterizer with spf in it? (Sorry if it is a repeat question, but after 4 pages I was skimming a little) My face is combo but tends to be more dry than oily.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Chan, Kimberley Sayer does a facial moisturiser with an SPF in. It's supposed to be for oily/combo skin.
I personally found it left my face a little too shiny for daytime use, but I'm sure it'd be better for someone with slightly drier skin.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I love Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel because it has enzymes and does not leave any oily or waxy residue on my skin.
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Chan, Kimberley Sayer does a facial moisturiser with an SPF in. It's supposed to be for oily/combo skin.
I personally found it left my face a little too shiny for daytime use, but I'm sure it'd be better for someone with slightly drier skin.

Thanks Sel! I just took a look at it and I think I'll give it a try. Did you try the anti-oxident or the light moisturizer? The light moisturizer sounds like the better bet since it says it doesn't clog pores and you get more for your buck.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chan, yes it was the light moisturiser in the pump bottle. It has seemed to last me for a long time...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I love the organicpharmacy (http://www.theorganicpharmacy.com/). Their stuff is really good quality (but a little pricey but hey you get what you pay for there) and they do mail order. The rose cleanser is really nice and they had a fantastic oil for the skin which was very costly but worked wonders for me personally!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |