Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
PSF O2 Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I've read a lot of threads regarding this topic along w/the official website and EDS descriptions but I'm STLL not sure what exactly this does. I understand it oxygenates the skin, helps in healing wounds, kills bacteria, etc but what really happens to my skin when I use it? What are the effects? Do I get refined pores? extra moisturized skin? I don't get it. And which step of my routine would it be if I try it - I use Ylang Ylang right after my toner, and a moisturizing serum, then my juvenil/creme 15.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui, I hope you'll post here if you ever figure it all out. Confused This is all a bit confusing eh?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think most people find that when you use it it helps with redness, break outs, irritation, etc. I use mine right after my toner, before any other treatments or serums. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks msl...it really helps to know.
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the O2 for nearly a year now, and I wouldn't be without it. Some of its beneficial actions are things that aren't readily observable, such as healing micro-fissures, prolonging the life of skin cells, and enhancing the delivery of actives into the skin. Nevertheless, my skin looks and feels much healthier when I use it.

It's hard to put my finger on the specifics of what makes my skin look better, but one thing for certain is that it takes away virtually all of the redness. I don't have rosacea, but just a general blotchiness and uneven skin tone. When I faithfully use the O2, this disappears and my skin looks "skin-colored" instead of reddish.

When I stop using it, my skin also starts to look a lot more dull. It doesn't have that "dewiness" any more and just looks rougher overall. Keeping all my other products the same, adding the O2 also makes my skin feel more hydrated and resilient.

I spray it on first, before any other products (but I don't use a toner). I've also heard that it's best to use the O2 last, as that helps the active ingredients in your other products to penetrate the skin. So, occasionally I use it both first and last. Hopefully, someone will have a definitive answer on this.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I have had this on my wish list, after reading the last review its sold. Thanks Hope.

Rose

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm just finishing my 1st bottle of O2, and really like what it's doing for my skin. My next order from EDS will include 2 bottles so I don't ever run out!!
I "sandwich" other products with it. The past 3 nights I've been doing a "club sandwich" Laughing & I'm really impressed with the results I see in the morning. I apply: O2 / ISC Poly-Vit / O2 / Tripeptinon / O2.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it after my toner. I don't how or why it works but it does. hmm

I've been pretty consistent in using it but when I skip it for even a couple of days, I notice a difference in my skin. I got more little pimples, clogged pores and like Hope, more generalized redness everywhere. My bottle is still almost full but I'm debating whether to buy another just so I'll never run out. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I've been hearing a lot about getting congested or breaking out after people have stop using particular products, isn't that bad? Shouldn't you NOT be dependent on ONE particular product/line? I thought skincare was supposed to IMPROVE your skin, especially O2 that claims to heal and increase the longevity of cells. Discontinued use shouldn't suddenly congest you as it doesn't really purify you, it just kills bacteria on contact. It sounds a bit iffy if once you stop using it you suddenly get a lot of bacteria buildup. I always though skincare was supposed to work together as a regime and that there is no miracle product. If suddenly discontinuing use of one product suddenly causes a lot of problems, I'd question the other products I'm using.

I ordered O2, but now I feel hesitant about using it daily if this really happens. I don't want to become 'dependent' on any ONE product.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you that skincare is supposed to improve your skin, but I don't think it can actually permanently change your skin type. For example, in the summer time I have very oily skin. If I use oil-control products like PSF's Balancing Oil, etc, then I start to see a decrease in oil on my skin. But, if I stop using oil control products for a few days, I'm as much of an oil slick as I ever was. It's the same with products that I use to treat acne, like the O2 serum. If I use them regularly, my skin purges all the bad stuff it was holding onto and clears up, but then if I stop using them for a while, the process starts all over and I start breaking out again. I'm just oily-prone and acne prone---- I don't think I can change that, but I can treat my problems to get them under control. Just my thoughts on the matter....

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |