Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

An anti-acne:Sebamed Clear Face Antibacterial Cleansing Foam
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pat
5% products discount

Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I just bought one from Boots.

Clear Face Antibacterial Cleansing Foam containing Montaline 40 and panthenol. The new active ingredient Montaline C40, based on coconut oil, reduces the number of bacteria from 100,000 to zero in 5 minutes. Offers antibacterial action and thus prevents the formation of new pimples. Refines the complexion, provides a matt finish and prevents shine. Panthenol soothes and encourages the regeneration of irritated and inflamed skin. The pH value of 5.5 stabilises the natural protective acid mantle. Has a particularly gentle cleansing action.

The inserted leaflet suggests that this product takes time to clear all clogged pores, so I'll just keep on posting my reviews Wink

So far, the cleanser has not caused breakout Smile;despite the fact that I have sensitive+oily/combi+dehydrated skin. The dispenser gives off nice foam which must be massaged gently and leave on the face for 5 mins. The cleanser has a nice smell, probably due to its coconut base and it seems really soap-free for me. Wink Dry skin around my jawline has gone but existing pimples and whiteheads are little irritated.

Lets finger cross and pray that this works for me. Pray Hope this won't end up like my dermalogica nightmare.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
pat I am always on the lookout for a good cleanser and your skin type sounds just like mine. I just have a few questions. Are you saying that this cleanser causes more irritation to your existing pimples and whiteheads? How sensitive is your skin? Would you have a ingredient list for this, I couldn't find one online? What was your Dermalogica nightmare? I haven't used any Dermalogica other than a Barrier Repair Cream sample but I just bought the Sensitized Skin Kit and have a lot of samples so I would be interested to hear about your problems with Dermalogica!

By the way, I just noticed you are a new member. Welcome to the forum!!
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
i really like a lot of the sebamed products. i really like the shower oil, it's like OCM for the body, except they've put emulsifiers in it so that it rinses really well.

the sebamed english website is weird, it gives a full ingredients list for some products but not for others. however, the german website www.sebamed.de seems to have ingedients for everything, and they use that international ingredient format.

for the cleansing foam: Aqua, Cocamidopropylalbetainamide MEA Chloride, Cocotrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks pustekuchen!

Despite speaking no German, I was easily able to find the ingredients on the German version of the website.
pat
5% products discount

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I've had 5 facials at the leonard dreake center using dermalogica products and nothing satisfying happened so far.I got bad, and I mean BAD, reaction with daily microexfolaint.It can reduce my flaky cheeks+jawline but my forehead is irritated, full of whiteheads and bumps filled with fuild.I used their ultra calming cleanser,it's gentel and good for my eyes but cann't prevent acne at all and can dehydrate my smile line; I end up looking older Confused . Active moist is not so moist for me, I can still feel taut and end up looking oily+shiny all over Crying or Very sad .The good thing is the skin soothing booster,it can calm+dry those bupms I always get from facials.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Pat. I have so many Dermalogica samples I will just have to try them and see what I think. Although I think I will give away my samples of the Daily Microexfoliant. I was not planning on using that since it has salicylic acid which really bothers my skin. Your experinece with it just makes me even more reluctant to try it!
pat
5% products discount

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
darn! I've stopped using sebamed for 3 days now just to switch to ocm Laughing ( couldn't help myself)
BTW, the sebamed thing is quite OK.It's gentle but I really recommend good moisturizer since you can experience mild dryness ( but the cleanser def can shrink acnes and even my skin texture Wink .
I've also tried the OCM, yikes, didn't know I had that much junk under my skin.But my pores around forehead and cheeks have turned HUGE!and I've had cloged pores around my cheeks and nose.I think I have to switch back to sebamed again and try OCM just once a week,cuz maybe it's too much for my skin.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
pat do you use the Sebamed once or twice a day? I have been keeping on eye on your progress with this and the comment about mild dryness worries me. For me it is a constant struggle to keep my skin hydrated so I really would not want to use a cleanser that is at all drying. Please continue with your updates I am interested to know how this cleanser works for you!

BTW I tried the Dermalogica Soothing Protection Spray and it is irritating my skin! I don't know if it is too much lavender or something else but it makes my skin itch. I will continue to try the remaining Dermalogica samples I have and see how they work for me.
pat
5% products discount

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
It works! After using it 2 times a day it shows some progress Very Happy But sadly I do need a god moisturizer to go along.I guess it has a bit exfoliant effect, cuz my Pustules shirnks slowly and eventually come off when I massage my face.BTW my huge pores on forehead have gone, but my cheeks and nose area are still full of milia.I guess I have to add DM hydrating mask and DM active moist.
sharmy
5% products discount

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pat,

I had same skin problem like you. My skin type is combination and very sensitive. I had spent so much money for all products until I came cross to Clear & Smooth natural bar soap. I get breakout easily with other cleansing even it says it will suitable for sensitive skin. Right now my routine is I wash my face with Clear & smooth bar soap ( this also clear out the uneven skin tone on face), then I tone with witch hazel toner ( sensitive type), after I apply the Sensitive Eucerin lotion SPF 30. At night time I use neosporin antibacterial oinment. These products help me a lot than other expensive products.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |