Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW !! Dr. Hauschka now sold at EDS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to try out this line.... When I think of Dr. Hauschka I think of pure, organically grown botanicals, a gentle holistic approach to skin care. This line continues to get favourable write ups in Magazines (I think it's great when a celebrity reveals their little beauty secret) and I always wanted to try it, especially after Leeleedeedee's reviews. So I was pleasantly surprised when I did a bit of a window shop and saw that this line is now stocked at EDS, this site continues to amaze me !

Ever since Leeleedeedee's comparison of the Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream to Creme De La Mer, I've been pretty intrigued. Leeleedeedee, I'm so happy that you can now shop at EDS for your Holy Grail of moisturizers and your wonderful sunscreen for your sensitive dry skin. Wink The ladies at EDS are really quick....! Before I could get myself down to a health food store to hunt for this product (which I doubt is sold locally here in Oz anyway) EDS have signed on the range. Very Happy I ordered the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream, Facial Toner and Moisturising Mask to start with first.... I hope I get to try a sample of the Rose Day Cream moisturizer. (Glad I was so busy the last couple of weeks and my order was delayed until now !)

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
Mabsy

Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!!!! Are you serious? I've been offline for a few days so I came straight to the forum to start catching up on some posts. So I haven't yet had a look at what new stuff EDS carries. That's fabulous though!!!!!

That's it! I need to be placing an order soon! I've run out of the Phytomer Face Dew anyway plus I need a foaming cleanser for my new Shiseido brush (which is getting very lonely).

Bye bye March-budget! But I will wait until you get your stuff Very Happy I'd like to know what the toner is like.... Also I've heard raves about the cleansing cream before as well. It's not a foaming one but if it's somebody else's HG then I'm interested! Smile So I'm really hanging for your opinions!

Mabsy

Edited to add: That Dr. Hauschka makes a lipbalm in a pot!!!! Surprised I'm such a sucker for those! Has anybody tried the Dr. Hauschka one? Is it any good?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hello Summertimegirl and Mabsy,

I am so thrilled to have Dr. Hauschka at EDS since I am now using most of the products. Summertimegirl, if you get the Rose Day Cream you have to tell me how you like it. It is a classisc - one of their most popular products. I have gone through two tubes, but am always interested to hear the opinions of others.

Mabsy, I am using the lip balm in a pot and yes, I like it very much. It is far superior to the drug store brands I have been using. It softens the lips, gets rid of any dryness, and I like the fact that it is not a petroleum based product - completely natural. I would definitely repurchase the lip balm.

I have also used the cleansing milk, moisturizing day cream, and quince day cream with excellent results.

Another of their products which I have repurchased is their firming mask which not only smells divine but does just about everything for your skin. It firms, moisturizes, soothes (for anyone who has overstripped or dried out their skin.) You put it on and it just sinks right into your skin, so actually there isn't much to rinse off. I just tissue off any excess and leave it on my skin. Completely natural ingredients. I love it. My skin just drinks it up.

Many spas work with Dr. Hauschka products so it's not surprising it is now sold here. Fantastic!
Mabsy

Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leeleedeedee,

Glad to see you still are still keeping your eye on the forum! Haven't 'seen' you around for a while, I hope all is well.

Many thanks for the lip balm info. I think I will be trying that one with my next order. I also want to buy the cleansing cream. Apparently it's a different type of concept, it's supposed to be slightly exfoliating. I hear that you are supposed to use it by rolling and pressing it onto damp skin. Sounds intriguing! Count me in! Very Happy

Mabsy.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy,

Yes, all is well, thank you very much. Life just gets very hectic at times as I'm sure you know.

Here's a little info you may not care about, but I heard or read that Brad Pitt is addicted to Dr. Hauschka's Lip Balm. That's how great it is, very moisturizing.

I have a trial of the cleansing cream, but I haven't tried it yet because I'm not sure I can do that pressing and rolling. I think it gets some getting used to. However, it is exfoliating so I'm sure I'll be using it soon, as I haven't been doing too much exfoliating. If I do I'll let you know how it is.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka Facial Steam Bath and Clay Cleansing Mask are the first two serious skin care stuff my mom used on me to help my congested T-zone in my teen years. I really like the after glow they gave my skin but the whole process is not very attractive ( not to a thirteen years old tomboy). Especially with the mask, it can be very messy and muddy on your face. But it's really a skin saver. You can also use this clay mask to spot treat your pimples.

:P:P:P
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy

Has anybody tried the Dr. Hauschka one? Is it any good?

Mabsy, if you like Jurlique's you will like Dr. Hauschka's products. Here are some of my Dr. Hauschka favorites. These were introduced to me by my mom. For a while, to show my "independence", I skipped these things to show her that at least I could take cake of my own skin:P:P:P by choosing my own stuff. But looking back, I've gotta to thank my mom, she's always my best guardian angel.

Dr. Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil: surprisingly, this oil will make your skin less oily and your pores less visible if you have oily skin and will make your skin smooth and soft if you have drier skin. It's the purest treatment for combination skin with congested T-zone and dry cheeks and sensitive undereye areas like mine. Its texture and fragrance is quite similar to that of Decleor Neroli. I don't need any moisturizer on top of this one, but if I spend my day outdoor I need a good sunblock or sunscreen.

Dr. Hauschka Translucent Make-up Intrada 01, my mom got this for me to make me up for our family "special occasions". It's the purest foundation you can find. Free of synthetic preservatives, colours and scents, it gives very light and natural coverage to help even out skin texture. For major cover-up you have to use concealer. The Intrada 01 is the lightest shade, but it's a bit dark on my skin (MAC NC15). I look like I'm having a little bit of a tan, which I liked very much using it in Spring and Summer.

Mabsy, my monthly budget has been marked with red ink most of the time since I've found EDS. But I have NO REGRET! I've never been so HAPPY with my skin 'til now. And to get to know friends like you guys, it's PRICELESS ( sounds like mastercard commercials...hee hee hee!)Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy.

Summertimegirl, we are waiting for your reviews of your " new found love with Dr. Hauschka"!!! Was wondering why you are so quiet? Where is everybody? Am I the one who has "no life"? Of course, I have a life and I still can find time for this wonderful forum. Please don't just read and curl up to a nap, Summertimegirl! We miss you...hic hic hic !!! My trick is never bring your laptop to bed. Hee hee hee !!!
dh

Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I keep coming back to Dr. Hauschka products. All you really have to do is read the ingredients list, and it's an easy call. I also love that my skin positively drink this stuff up.

The cleansing cream is more like wet cereal than a cream.. you may like the cleansing milk, which is just wonderful and more traditional as cleansers go. I've heard the lip balm getting rave reviews, though I always just fake it with the eye balm. Personally for me the rose cream is too rich, but Hauschka's basic moisturizer (which doesn't mention rose or any other specifics right in the name) sinks right in and feels nourishing - no icky silicones. Smile And I have the body moisturizer (not the rose, the other one) and after re-reading the ingredients have been slathering that on my face too until I get a refill of the facial moisturizer. Dr. Hauschka makes a couple of great little trial kits to try for about $20 or so, too, for each skin type. I've been using their Rose Body Wash also... very moisturizing shower 'gel' with great ingredients. Even the deodorant works well. There's a tinted moisturizer that smells like spice which you might like, too.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! I have had a ton going on recently so have not been posting here AT ALL! Bad, bad girl. Anyhoo, I am thrilled about this news - after leeleedeedee's post about Dr. H being like Creme de la Mer I had to try! I bought a small tube of the Rose Day from my local health food store and, friends, have fallen in love. It is so incredibly soothing! And I must say, that sadly I have found that my skin seems to be more ruddy and irritated looking these days than it used to . I've notices a few fine capillaries showing, too. This moisturizer is just wonderful for soothing the irritation and making my skin look much calmer. And you know, the first time I heard of it was around 3 years ago when I was at a lovely skin care shop with a friend who has roseaca. At the shop, the salesperson got into this whole discussion with my friend and her German background and said something about the fact that the Dr. H line was formulated originally to help people in this area of Germany where, for some reason, there was a high rate of roseaca. I know this sounds crazy, and I've probably mixed up 100% of the facts here, but the bottom line is that my friend felt like the Rose Day was a huge help with her roseaca. I just logged on and haven't even searched the Dr. H section but am off to do so. The Rose Day is the only Dr. H product I've used so I'm looking forward to trying more, especially that masque that leeleedeedee mentions below and the translucent make up. I have yet to expound on my recent and increasing fury Mad Mad about my inability to find a good foundation product that doesn't make my skin look powdery and flaky, so hoping that this product might be just what the DOCTOR (hee) ordered. Thank you leeleedeedee for that original reminder about the wonderfulness of Dr. H!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:51 am      Reply with quote
You're Welcome, Zazu!

Sometimes I'm so worried about recommending a product because skin care can be so subjective. Anyways, I thought if I stressed that "it was only in my opinion" it would deflect what would happen if someone didn't like a product I praised.

I love the Rose Day Cream so much that I just had to say something about it. I'm glad you like it too. The other products are terrific as well "in my opinion!!"
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Very new to this forum and can't believe something like this existed, thank God!!! About time. I am a regular Dr Haushcka user and throughout my pregnancy their range was a God send. I use the rejuvanating mask, which is fantastic, the cleansers are a bit time consuming and fiddly but worth it, well, I didn't have anything better to do in my maternity leave!!! The supplements are marvelous and apart fom a good vitamin supplement were all a I took especially the rose elixir. In England the phone order staff are great and sent me a regime of items to take/use when I was pregnant. Favouite items when my skin was very hormonally unbalanced was the normalising day oil and the translucent bronzer.
Mabsy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies Smile

Thanks heaps for all the suggestions. I'm definitely getting the lipbalm and the cleansing cream. Babyfish, did you see the Dr. Hauschka Facial Steam Bath on EDS somewhere? That sounds really nice but I couldn't find it (I might just be blind!). I'm also thinking of getting the DrH Neem Nail Pen - seems like a good alternative to the Jean Paul Gaultier Nail Pen I've just discovered and became fascinated with Smile

The Rose Body Wash also sounds lovely, and it might just be very similar to my Jurlique Rose Shower Gel. I might get that when I run out of the Jurlique and then compare the two Smile

Mabsy.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, don't worry about your eyesight, Dr. H. Facial Steam Bath becomes Facial Steam Concentrate to EDS :P:P:P. If you look very closely, you can read it on the bottle image !
Mabsy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Babyfish! I missed that one too though *blushes* What did you think of this product? Jurlique has something similar to that althought I have never tried that either. It seems like a nice addition to steaming your face though, which I admittedly don't do very often.

Mabsy.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, guiys !!! I heard you all are giving that many prasies to that skincare products, I am really interested in it, so, I went to my local store - whole foods market and tested the texture of the products, but I felt that they are a bit rich and greasy to me, I dont know if it's just temporary and the greasy sensation will eventually turns into nice and smooth, I want to ask for opinions about this, I am 24, do you think this line will suit me fine? thanks!
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello bbiz,

What have you tried? I believe Dr. H. has 4 different regimens for 4 skin types. I'm 25 and have combination/ oily/ sensitive skin and definitely I don't need Rose Day Cream yet. My favorite one is the Normalizing Day Oil.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi, babyfish:
I tested almost all of those at the counter including the rose cream and the normalizing oil you mentioned. I do have combo skin, oily in summer but dry in winter.. Ididnt actually purchase any of those coz as I mentioned before, they are a bit rich to me (feel like), but I am interested in the cleansing cream, which I didnt have a chance to try, I am not sure, so I would like to seek for an advice, have you tried that before too? It seems that it's a exfoliant and cleansing together thing, also, I am looking for a sunscreen that is light and matte, do you have any good suggestions? Esp. for the oily skin, coz I do have oily skin in the summer. Thanks!
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Hey, babyfish:
Would you mind sharing your routine skincare with me, coz, I believe you have similar skin texture as mine, I also have sensitive skin, I have break-out once a while, not too often though.. but is definately a concern for me!! I hate the redish, painful swollen things on my face!!!!
I have been trying out a lot of different skin products, but ..problem is the effects never last! I mean for the first few months I start using a new skincare product, it works for me well, but after some time, it stops.. not that they make my skin worse, but it's like just too regular..
I've been using clinique, lancome, neutrogena, demalogica, Paula's choice, etc. so tired keep changing the skincare line!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |