Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I need a lipstick that's going to last through my wedding.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been on the hunt for this for a couple months now with no luck. All the "long lasting" lipsticks that I've tried, if they even last 10 minutes, either dry out my lips terribly or wear off unevenly. Should I resign myself to sneaking off to the ladies room to fix my lipstick every 10 minutes, or does anyone have a miracle lipstick suggestion?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I have two suggestions, both from Lancome. If you absolutely don't want to have to touch up your lipstick, I'd recommend Lancome's Juicy Wear. JW is a set of a long-wearing lipstick and a clear gloss. The lipstick itself is kind-of drying and it needs to be applied pretty perfectly because after it dries there's NO way to blend it, but it's long wearing, looks great on lips, and doesn't flake off like other long wearing lipsticks I've tried. I buy it in Chocolate impulse which is a deep brown red, and it DEFINITELY lasts me 8 hours (or more!). There's also a new version out called Juicy Wear Sheer which is the same formula just sheer colors, so that could be a good option.

Now, if you're looking for a lipstick that is more moisturizing but will still last a long time, I absolutely recommend Juicy Rouge. I only WISH I could have found this stuff before my wedding day! It's so moisturizing it feels like a lip balm, but it literally lasts for HOURS! I wear Caramel which is a beautiful nude color. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Great topic, I have problems finding any to last..event the ones that are suppose to hold up. I will tell you a trick that I have learned. Is make sure your lips are moist (for this to work)..so if I have an event coming up I always try to apply pretty of lip treatments at night in the weeks leading up to the day. Use your lip liner to line your lips and color most of your lips in. Then use a gloss to blend the liner. I find that even if the gloss wears off a little, the lips still hold the color. I think because the liner almost dyes your lips. Give it a try. Smudge proof and kiss proof too,
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Chanel and NARS lipsticks are very long lasting.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
bergquis - lip-liner is an old trick of the stars, and make-up artists have been using this in movies for years! It really works, and lasts ages! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes Yes I know it is not MY TRICK, I hope everyone knows I was not trying to take credit for the idea, just use it since it works.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bergquis - I'm sorry, but I did not mean to imply that you thought it was your trick. I was just agreeing with your post on the fact that it works and that I had heard this years ago. I will try to word things a little differently in future posts and I aplogize for any misunderstanding. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
The Max Factor's "Lipfinity Everlites Lipstick" can lasts for up to eight hours and there are 14 colours to choose from.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
i suggest vincent longo lipstain lipstick. it is VERY moisturizing and the color lasts very long..it is a lipstain. after eating, drinking, talking a lot.. lol. it is very very good
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
You shouldn't have to sacrifice a beatiful wedding lipstick shade just because it's not longlasting. How to make ANY lipstick more longlasting: Layer it on thickly, then blot your lips on tissue paper, then layer once more with lipstick and gloss. The pigments left on your lips after the blot will "grab" on to the new layer. I do this before a night of clubbing...even after several drinks, I don't have to retouch even once.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
i would go for a lip stain, and add gloss over top.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I feel embarrassed to mention a drugstore brand in the same thread as Lancome and Chanel, but...
Maybelline Superstay lipcolor is excellent! I bought this on an impulse and got hooked right away. I actually told my sister about it, got her hooked (Ok, now I feel like a junkie), and she ended up wearing it for her wedding (end of April)! Actually we both did. It's not drying like other long-wearing kinds I've tried, and comes in plenty of flattering shades. Which is unusual for me to say, as I usually have a Lot of trouble finding a shade that looks right with my complexion. I have it in chestnut and...I had another shade, but she swiped it (accidentally, I'm sure Wink ).
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really happy with my prescriptives l/s. lasts long and doesn't dry my lips out
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Laughing i would use a combination of tricks! use one of the Vincent Longo lipstains first. then use the lip pencil all over trick. then Guerlain's LipLift over that (actually, i'm still playing with the over/under the LipLift with a pencil -- not sure which is better). then apply, blot, reapply the long wearing lipstick of your choice. one brand that i rarely see mentioned here that i absolutely adore is Sisley.

the most important thing to do is practice and see what works for you -- a kind of dress rehearsal Very Happy the combo listed above is to allow longevity and even wear off so you're never without colour on your lips and not stuck with flakies or rings.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I have the Maybelline Superstay and it's better than most of the ones I've run across but I find that sometimes my lips sorta peel a bit from it and was a little worried about that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have found the same thing ith trying to find a lipstick that does actually stay on and doesn't make my lips crack every time I smile. I would second the lip-liner thing - they have more pigment than lipsticks and tend to be less drying than the long-lasting. Ive tried the lipfinity and found it didn't last at all - much the same as a regular lipstick. I also tried the MAC long lasting lipstick which sounds similar to the lancome as you put the colour on ad then the gloss. The problem with those is that you still have to continue to apply the gloss as it wears off and leaves my lips VERY dry and patchy (and it's not really kiss-proof as the gloss still gos everywhere). Haven't tried the lancome, but I assume it's similar with the reapplication of gloss required.
Good Luck!!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |