Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Leave-in hair conditioner GOOD?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to searh and couldn't find any topic here regarding leave-in hair conditioner. Recently I discovered this product from a Canadian beauty magazine. I doubted if anybody has the experiene of using it(any brand).

It is LEAVE-IN. That means no need to rinse. I am curious to know whether our hair would be sticky or not once we put it on.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
There are a few types of leave in conditioners. For example there is the SPRAY type of leave-in conditioners which you spray on to towel-dried hair. Joico Integrity is a good one. There are other ones that you leave in BEFORE you towel dry, meaning you apply it to wet hair (probably after your usual conditioner, or after you rinse out your shampoo), from there you'd proceed to towel dry w/o rinsing the conditioner out. Lastly there are ones that are sort of glosses or creams that are leave-in conditioners (rather than styling products). One that I like is Potion 9 by Sebastian - contains lots of conditioning properties and yet as a light hold (they call it a "wearable treatment" which is basically combining a styling product + conditioner in one). However, if you don't like to style your hair you can get cream leave-in conditioners as well, just make sure you get one that is suited for your hair type. I find some creams CAN make your hair a bit greasy or weigh it down. So opt for the type you prefer or best suited to your hair type.

HTH
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is quite dry and weak and I apply the leave-in conditioner before blow drying. It'll make your hair shinier and healthier. I used many brands before and I like J.F. Lazartigue the most.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I use a spray leave in conditioner with good results... but I also always put a small amount of regular cream conditioner on my ends and sometimes a touch further up in my hair to keep the tangles away and I have no problems at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
My favorite leave-in conditioner is Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream. I'm in love with this stuff! You can apply it to wet or dry hair. It works best for me to do it on dry hair. I have long hair that's 'almost' curly; since each strand does its own thing, it's more frizzy than curly in its natural state. I let my hair air dry, then rub a pea size amount between my palms and smooth over my hair, bottom half first. Frizzies disappear and my hair is left shiny and silky soft.

bb2000 wrote:
I tried to searh and couldn't find any topic here regarding leave-in hair conditioner. Recently I discovered this product from a Canadian beauty magazine. I doubted if anybody has the experiene of using it(any brand).

It is LEAVE-IN. That means no need to rinse. I am curious to know whether our hair would be sticky or not once we put it on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I also use two leave in conditioner products after washing and towel drying my hair. They are both from Phyto -- first I spray in the Phytomist Instant Hydrator and then I add some Phyto 9 cream to the ends of my hair. Sometimes I let it dry naturally and other times I blow dry it, but either way I have never noticed it feeling sticky from the leave in products.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
The longer my hair gets, the more dry it feels ... I use a regular conditioner in the shower, but then also use a leave in on the back and ends for extra hydration. The one I'm currently using is AG Fast Food. I really like their products ... and everything smells really great! I think they're a Canadian company.
luvmykitties
5% products discount

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using one last year - for the reason Moonstarr said "the longer my hair got, the drier it felt".

I was worried how a leave-in conditioner would leave my hair looking. I just wanted it to feel softer and healthier - but not sticky or greasy, or weighed down.
I tried and fell in love with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Sheer Repair Conditioning Foam. My hair feels soft, looks good, and doesn't show any signs of product!

For humid days when my hair gets frizzy, after blowdrying, I use a bit of Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream.

41, mature dry skin, somewhat sensitive. Blue eyes, brown hair, fair to medium skin. Areas of concern: loss of elasticity & definition, sagging skin/jowls, neck, deep lip lines, broken capillaries on nose and cheeks, crepiness on eyelids. Less of a concern: photodamage, wrinkles around eyes and outer cheeks, darkness under eyes
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I love Ojon's Conditioning Shine Serum. Protects from the heat of blow-drying, and makes me high ultra smooth and shiny. This has reversed the damage from coloring and hair straightening.
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I used one from Biolage a while back, it made my hair shinier and smell pretty good. But I have oily scalp and hair type, so by the end of the day, my hair was a bit hard to comb through. The product is not heavy at all, though I don't think a leave-in conditioner is necessary for me, it could be great for people with dry hair.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have long, curly, dry, dull and frizzy hair. I use one from Alterna Life. It's a spray that I use right after shower. It's very light and doesn't leave a residue at all. It makes it much easier to work with my hair. It doesn't have any hold to it but I don't have to use many other products because I'm not fighting with my hair anymore.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use Bed Head from time to time. It comes in a pump container. Has a nice smell, but you have to wash your hands after applying.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Leave-ins are a must for girls with coarse, dry hair. I've gone through a few and haven't really found one I love. I did quite like Tresemme heat tamer, but they discontinued it. Now I have Nexxus Headress which is sort of a milky substance and Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave in foam. Neither are quite right for my hair texture but I have to use them up before buying something new! I have some Fekkai glossing cream, but to me this is more of a styling product than a leave-in conditioner. I smooth on my ends both when they're wet and dry. It keeps them non-crunchy.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Aubrey Organics makes a good leave in conditioner. A little too heavy for my hair as it super fine but it works for dryer thicker hair. I use it alternatively for a deep conditioning treatment sometimes and then rinse it out or I'll apply it to my hair before going for a swim in a pool as it acts as a protective barrier against the chlorine.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using an organic leave in from La Druide. I think I like it pretty well. I also use Crede shampoo and deep conditioner.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
luvmykitties wrote:
I tried and fell in love with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Sheer Repair Conditioning Foam. My hair feels soft, looks good, and doesn't show any signs of product!

luvmykitties, where do you buy this? I used this for a long time and really liked it but I can't find it anywhere!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
luvmykitties wrote:

luvmykitties, where do you buy this? I used this for a long time and really liked it but I can't find it anywhere!

They discontinued this! I saw them on the clearance cart not too long ago (actually, I think I bought mine on clearance). If you like foams, DHC makes something that sounds similar-- has olive oil just like the neutrogena.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
prs wrote:
I've been using an organic leave in from La Druide. I think I like it pretty well. I also use Crede shampoo and deep conditioner.

That's right, Druide does make a leave in conditioner. I was just suggesting their products on another post and I forgot all about them here. I haven't tried this one myself but I do love their shampoos and body washes. Great company and excellent customer service. I tried one of their conditioners and wasn't that impressed with the results so emailed them about it in case I got a defective batch product or something and they sent me a different shampoo and conditioner to try for free!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
TheresaL wrote:
luvmykitties wrote:

They discontinued this! I saw them on the clearance cart not too long ago (actually, I think I bought mine on clearance). If you like foams, DHC makes something that sounds similar-- has olive oil just like the neutrogena.

violetanne I just checked the Neutrogena website and the foam is still listed as a product and it says nothing about it being discontinued. I will have to see if I can find this anywhere. Thanks for the DHC suggestion, I will have to take a look at it!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I too use the spray on "Frieda". For me, since my hair is brittle and dry it is almost like a detangler for me. That way I can comb through my hair. I also will spray a little on my dry hair if I have slept on it, and my cowlicks are going crazy, then blow dry. It seems to gloss my hair and protect it. Doesn't appear to be as dry feeling or looking.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I too use the spray on "Frieda". For me, since my hair is brittle and dry it is almost like a detangler for me. That way I can comb through my hair. I also will spray a little on my dry hair if I have slept on it, and my cowlicks are going crazy, then blow dry. It seems to gloss my hair and protect it. Doesn't appear to be as dry feeling or looking.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use PaulMichell's leave-in conditioner. Frieda spray should be easier to apply. Where can I buy one?
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I always use leave-in as though I like to think of myself as low maintenance actually I'm lazy Laughing

Like goldie, I also currently use Phyto. I think I've been using it for about 5 years. It's really good quality and it's amazing value for the quality(ok prices in the UK but I also stock up on it in France where it is even better value). I use a shampoo (my favourite is Phytolactum) and then follow up with Phyto 7. Neither Phyto 7 not Phyto 9 are technically leave-in conditioners but are actually moisturisers to be used after shampooing and conditioning. However, I use this regime fine, no residue with leaving it and helps 'set' when blow drying. I have great condition hair which completely confounds my hairdresser as doesnt get split ends even though it is long and I wash it every day and dont use a 'proper conditioner'.

Incidentally I spent a fortune on PhilipB a few months ago but my hair detiorated within a couple of weeks. Back to normal now thank god.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |