Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Blinc Heated Lash Curler - Anyone used this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Question

Has anyone used the Blinc heated lash curler?

I ran across the Blinc heated lash curler and it looks interesting... It states that it works without clamping or using excessive pressure and works on one AAA battery.

It looks like a bottle of mascara and is supposed to heat up in 30 seconds and curl and shape lashes effortlessly, AND claims to last longer that using the traditional lash curler.

I would just love to hear from anyone who has used this product.

Thanks a bunch!

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:10 am      Reply with quote
I've had it for couple of years. I like it more than the clamp kind. It gives me more natural curl in my opinion. The negative is that it does take a little more time to curl my lashes using this method.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Yep - I have one - works really well but the only downside is it gets through batteries like nobodies business!

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Yep - I have one - works really well but the only downside is it gets through batteries like nobodies business!

I've got the ModelCo one (which looks the same) and it chews through batteries like there's no tomorrow! I just bought the Panasonic double-pad one, we'll see how that goes...
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Lucia wrote:

I've got the ModelCo one (which looks the same) and it chews through batteries like there's no tomorrow! I just bought the Panasonic double-pad one, we'll see how that goes...

Please let us know what you find after you have had the choice to use it for a bit.

Thanks a bunch! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I've got that one too! I like the Panasonic better than my Blinc and ModelCo heated curlers, but it takes a lot longer to heat up. On the plus side, it doesn't seem to chew through batteries as quickly.

ETA:

Here's a few links to prior discussions regarding the merits of the various heated lash curlers:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1623&highlight=heated+lash+curler

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5511&highlight=heated+lash+curler

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7064&highlight=heated+lash+curler

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7527&highlight=heated+lash+curler

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8799&highlight=heated+lash+curler

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8877&highlight=heated+lash+curler

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:
Mabsy wrote:
Lucia wrote:

Please let us know what you find after you have had the choice to use it for a bit.

One other thing about heated lash curlers: it's important to remember that they should be used AFTER you apply your regular mascara (or, in my case, lash growth/treatment serum) because the heat combined with the mascara serves to act like a "setting lotion" (like hair mousse or gel) to lock in the curl. If you use a heated curler on bare lashes you aren't going to get any benefit from it whatsoever and your lashes are simply going to go limp within seconds after you apply your mascara.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the tip! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering..how effective are they if you just use them on their own with no mascara?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Just wondering..how effective are they if you just use them on their own with no mascara?
Not very. If that's how you plan to use it, don't bother forking out the money. Heated your old-fashioned clamp-type curler with a 5-second blast from the hair blow dryer will be more effective. It's the mascara (or lash growth serum like Ardell or Talika Lipocils) that locks in the curl, without it your lashes will be limp before the heated curler has even had a chance to cool back down!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ok thanks, that's really useful. They need mascara to 'fry'. Wonder whether they'd work with vaseline too!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:51 am      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Wonder whether they'd work with vaseline too!
Yes, but you'd need to make sure you clean the heating elements well afterward to remove the excess "gunk." Personally, I no longer wear mascara. Instead, I use a homemade lash growth serum that has castor oil in it (among other oils), so that is the product that I use to "set" my lashes with the heated lash curler.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Oh.. that sounds interesting, what else do you you have in your special oil? (if it's not too much of a secret!.

I just don't like using mascara as I hate taking it off and if it smears etc. I have long eyelashes anyway so only use mascara to curl my lashes at the ends so thought a heated eyelash curler would be good. Have ordered a Blinc one online.

I have tried clear mascara in the past but have not found a good quality fibre free one and if it gets in my eyes (contact lenses) I can't see where it is!!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ok well I finally got a proper Blinc heater.

So I get my Trish McEvoy mascara out, it's not as smooth as I'd like considering I've only had it a month, so I added a couple of drops of vitamin e oil into the tube and shook it around a bit. Put it on one of my eyes. Woah!! Major eyelash overload, looked really good.

Then I put just vitamin e oil on the other eye. Then I got the eyelash curler out and did both eyes. The one with the vitamin e oil only, the eyelashes looked like they had disappeared. The one with the mascara on, they just sort of wilted.

Sad Did I do it wrong?
qbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had never in my life been one to even consider curling my eyelashes, until an aesthetician used this Blinc heated one on me. It looked so great, I bought one and do really like it. I've only tried it with the Blinc mascara, which is so cool.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Tried again. This time, used Trish McEvoy (curly not lenghtening mascara) and left half an hour before using the eyelash curler on. thoguh maybe I hadn't left to dry long enough last time. Put mascara on both eyes, curled one.

The one that I curled - having been all separate eyelashes, some of them stuck together. So the eye with with mascara only looked a lot better.

Grrr!! Am I using this wrong?!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi: Just thought I'd insert my two cents here. I've used the EyeCurl II and am currently using the ModelCo Lashwand. I've found that wetter mascaras with thinner consistencies work better than thicker, waxy or creamy mascaras. Those either melt if I use my heated curler on my lashes and make a mess or wilt the curl. My favorite curling mascara is Maybelline Full 'n' Soft, waterproof version as it's very black, never clumps and stays wet. It holds a curl like nothing else, especially when used with my Lashwand, and can be built up in several thin layers. Hope that helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
I've found that wetter mascaras with thinner consistencies work better than thicker, waxy or creamy mascaras. Those either melt if I use my heated curler on my lashes and make a mess or wilt the curl.
EXACTLY!! I ruined my first EyeCurl heated curler when I tried to use it with my Mirenesse Secret Weapon mascara (similar to Blinc Kiss Me and Kanebo's mascaras with that "lash tube" technology) because the waxy formula built up on the heating element and I couldn't get it off. It also caused my lashes to clump together hideously when the wax in the mascara formulation melted into globs from the heated lash curler....

5% products discount

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
I have just used it this past weekend i had to run it up my eyelashes a few times before i noticed the curl i think it said to use before using mascara, thats how i did it....Then applied mascara, lashes looked longer and more spread out, loved it..also there eyeliner, is great I've used so many that say, will not smudge or run, this one stayed on perfectly til bedtime (usually i have to run in bathroom and touch up, or its all in the corner of eye) when it just wiped off with eye makeup remover(any kind)finally a product i will def stick with.. [/quote] SmileI hope I did this right, haven't replied much, just read all this wonderful info.. Smile Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |