Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
What can I put on allergic skin???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Bad news....I think I'm allergic to my cat... Sad , or at least whatever it is that he brings in on his fur.

I have got a lumpy, red itchy - hive like rash on my neck and my face (forehead and chin especially). My problme is what can I use???? My foaming cleanser stings - my other cleanser is an AHA one, and I'm not even sure I should moisturise it for fear of aggrevating the itch...

What is safe to use??? (oh, and that won't make me break out like vasoline...)
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I feel for you. I've been getting hives off and on for years but it always seems to be a new trigger. I'm finally thinking that the cause might be a systemic candida (yeast) problem. Anyhow, I found the most amazing stuff to help hives and other skin issues. It's called All Terrain Aloe Skin Repair. This miracle gel not only healed the hives and soothed my skin, but it also moisturizes and softens fine lines. Check out the ingredients: http://store.nationalsupplementcenter.com/608503430074.html

It does more, too.... I'm going to post a review for this in the Product Review section. Check there for more. Good luck!

Best, Jeannine

melissa49 wrote:
Bad news....I think I'm allergic to my cat... Sad , or at least whatever it is that he brings in on his fur.

I have got a lumpy, red itchy - hive like rash on my neck and my face (forehead and chin especially). My problme is what can I use???? My foaming cleanser stings - my other cleanser is an AHA one, and I'm not even sure I should moisturise it for fear of aggrevating the itch...

What is safe to use??? (oh, and that won't make me break out like vasoline...)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm allergic to cats too, but found that I've built up a certain resistance to the allergen over the years.

Still, I always, always try to remember to wash my hands thoroughly after stroking them before touching my face or neck. Otherwise, I also get hives and swollen eyes.

It can be difficult to remember at first, you do eventually get into the habit of it.
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Whenever my skin get irritated for some reason, 2 things always work for me: Cetaphil gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and Avene Thermal springwater. Both have very simple ingredients that I feel SAFE to put on my face anytime. For moisturizing, I'd suggest La Roche-Posay Tolerain Fluid, or if your skin is flaky and dry like hell, Avene Skin Recovery Cream. There, that's my routine for serious bad skin reaction days.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Roman Chamomile Hydrosol/Floral Water works very well for hives and rashes, and if you have an aloe plant around, break some off and apply it to the area as well. It may sting a bit a little bit at first but it does help soothe. When you are looking for a floral water make sure to get a pure one from an essential oil suppplier and not one that may be used as a facial toner as those usually have some alcohol in them which may aggravate the rash even more.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I'm allergic to cats too, but found that I've built up a certain resistance to the allergen over the years.

Still, I always, always try to remember to wash my hands thoroughly after stroking them before touching my face or neck. Otherwise, I also get hives and swollen eyes.

It can be difficult to remember at first, you do eventually get into the habit of it.

That's weird, because I've become more sensitive to my cat. I only narrowed it down to him (since I get allergies like hayfever all year round from various pollens) because I was away for a few months - not many allergies so much and then when I got back, I got the allergies back...which have been getting worse and worse. I know now that I've broken out in hives (again!!!!) that I need to take anti-histamines continuously (I am NOT giving up my cat Mad ).

GREAT idea about the aloe - of course!!!! I dont have my plant any more - my BF killed it, but there's some next door..... Very Happy
Thankyou xxxx
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Bioderma Crealine no rinse cleanser might be a good option. I have used this when my skin was very irritated and it did not sting at all. I would be careful with the LRP Toleraine Fluide. This actually stings my skin when it is irritated.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I would try the SOS cream from Barefoot Botanicals.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi, you could try Hydrocortisone cream for a short time, (a few days). Also, Benadryl orally if the reaction is really bad, hths.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |