Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Power K eye rescue - not working for me - suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
niccollee
5% products discount

Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed a comment in one of the posts below about using Power K for dark circles. I have been using this for about 3 weeks and really haven't noticed a change in my dark circles. Granted, I don't get nearly enough sleep due to an increased work load lately, but I at least expected a little change. Am I using it correctly? I dab it on in the contour area of my eyes (think eye socket area - where the circles are the darkest) and lightly smooth/pat it in. I do this morning and night. Nothing! Suggestions?
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Having read that you've been using this product for a mere three weeks, please consider that one ought to give a product at least six weeks to start seeing benefits/improvement. You are using this product correctly. I advise to use a yellow-based concealer to neutralize the purple/blue tones of your circles, stay clear of purple/blue/brown eye make-up (emphasises circles), have a well-defined eyebrow (to "open" the eye), use a lash curler & apply mascara to only the top lashes. Using a pale shadow (ivory, soft pink, white), lid-to-brow to brighten the eyes, and perhaps a give emphasis to the lips, to divert attention from your fatigued eyes. Emphasize the positive!
Mabsy

Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Niccollee,

I agree in that you should definitely use it for at least 2 months to see if it works for you. I actually found that I did have some results (it's really hard to tell though - it's very subjective) after around 3-4 weeks of use. My dark circles were actually quite bad at that time and this cream helped quite a bit with them (but more so after a few months). In fact, I think it has been the most effective from all the creams targetting dark circles.

From the research that I've done into dark circles, you may be stuck with them for good (if they are hereditary for example). They can also be brought on by allergies, lack of sleep, and poor lymphatic draining (which is why ppl suggest you to sleep on a big pillow and elevate your head). However, it may be possible to fade them even if you can't remove them completely. Your best bet for that (apart from doing all the right stuff like getting enough sleep etc) it a cream with vit K. So I think that the PTR (or others with that ingredient) are your best bet in fading dark circles.

When you use the cream remember to massage in the little dark spheres until they break. They actually have the co-Q10 in them. Also, I've found the Jane Iredale Circle Delete concealer to be great for hiding dark circles (and veins) and it too has some vit K in it Smile

HTH
Mabsy.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:07 am      Reply with quote
ooooohhhhh, great advise Casper's Mum and Mabsy. I'm so glad Niccollee asked this question b/c I was going to post a question regarding this. Very Happy
niccollee
5% products discount

Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys! I did NOT know you had to use a product for at least 6 wks. (I'm one of those instant gratification types) AND I also didn't know about breaking the spheres! I do not think I've been doing that! QUESTION for Mabsy - can you actually see or feel it when they break??
Mabsy

Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Heh Smile I think everyone is an "instant gratification type", I always look VERY closely to see if the stuff I'm using is doing something spectacular Smile

About the PTR Power K Eye Rescue. When I first got it I ended up asking Magda what on earth those greyish things were. She said that it was the co-Q10 and then you should just massage it in till they disappear. That's what I started doing. You can't really see or feel them break though.

I have to say that masaging the cream in until the spheres are gone is the only thing I don't like about this cream. It's actually quite tedious to do that - especially when you are in a hurry and you just want to slap something on your face and go! But the fact that the cream works quite well (well at least for me anyway) kinda makes up for that little inconvenience. Smile

Mabsy
niccollee
5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy -

After I got your advice, I did put in on my eyes a couple of times and rub in it until the spheres finally disappeared - but you're right - it just took too long and I'm always late in the mornings! So I started putting it in my palm (making sure hands have just been washed of course) and smashing them up there before putting on my eyes. It's so much quicker b/c you can use so much more pressure and do it much quicker. I have wondered if I'm still getting the full benefit that way - I can't see how I wouldn't be because I put in on my eyes just a soon as all the spheres disappear. What do you think? (Or anyone who uses this)??
Mabsy

Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Niccollee,

That sounds like a GREAT idea! Part of the reason why this takes so long to massage is that you don't want to press too hard around the delicate eye area. Mashing it up first in your palm or just between fingers should do the trick.

I can't believe I didn't think of that before! Duh!

Thanks for sharing Smile

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |