Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)
Which do you prefer: Almond butter or Dr. HCC?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I only ever used the sample Dr. HCC and can't really form an opinion.

I haven't bought the full size version but I'm wondering for those of you who have used the full size vs the Carekate's homemade version vs. the almond butter how each one performs? I'd really like some opinions.

I've been using the almond butter, but sortof lost interest and I've been wondering if it really works or if i'm just deluding myself. I love my OCM and I'm not sure if the results I see are from the OCM or the almond butter. I have just been feeling silly putting basically peaunt butter on my face.

Thank you

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I would say go with what you like using the best.
I actually prefer the homemade version of Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream but I don't think I would like it if I had to use almond butter. Thankfully over here I can get ground almonds.
Try just using the OMC for a week and see how your skin responds.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud, where do you find ground almonds? I didn't know they sold them finely ground. I can't seem to get them finely ground enough in my coffee grinder and they are a bit of an irritant to my skin. I am trying the almond butter but I'm not crazy about it. It is easy, though.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they sell bags of almond meal--but it's still fairly coarse.

However, running it through the cuisinart or coffee grinder, or even just taking a mortar and pestle too it might do the trick.

I would try asking at a health food store or the like for Almond Meal if you don't have Trader Joes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
**sniff, sniff** We moved back to Colorado a year and a half ago from the Chicago area. No more Trader Joe's for us. It's been hard to cope!! Whenever we travel near one we act like we don't have grocery stores here in Colorado. We stock up on lots and lots of coffee as well as other goodies. My husband drew the line, though, last March at me carting home on the airplane a case of Two Buck Chucks. I was 7 months pregnant with a four-year-old in tow! But, we really like our Two Buck Chucks.... Very Happy

I will ask the people at Wild Oats and Whole Foods next time I'm in. I much prefer the DIY DHCC. I love using it on my face, my arms, my back, etc. It's great!!
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 05, 2024 9:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |