Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dremu Oil - A Truly Remarkable Product!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Beachcrone

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes i think that's a good point, think of Dremu as if it were silk: any inconsistencies in texture are because it is purely natural.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Beachcrone wrote:
I'm in Australia and we can get emu oil usually sold as a sports rub for sore muscles but i guess it's because the Dremu is so refined that it's much nicer to use.

Isn't that rather like importing coal to Newcastle Laughing I have my doubts about whether Dremu, the triple-refined ultra-emu or the entire American emu output in general is superior lately.
As I've mentioned in the skincare forum. I've recently by accident got two types of emu; the Dremu and an Australian emu and I have to say after using them side by side I prefer the less processed Australian product.

I looked into this and there's a lovely faq here about whether Australian is superior to American and whether triple processed is superior to standard processed.
http://www.mezza.co.uk/FAQ.htm#8
Admittedly, they have an interest in selling the Aussie product, but I think they make some sound arguments.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Molly. I just got my Dremu oil today, and unless something is wrong with it, it is opague (milky white). The FAQ insinuates Dremu is a clear oil.

From the FAQ: "There is currently much "hype" on the internet about so called "triple refined" or "triple milled" Emu Oil. This seems to have stemmed from an American company that sells "Dremu Oil". This oil is clear and has gone through an extra cosmetic refining process to make the oil more transparent and therefore make it more appealing to the "beauty" market."

Is Dremu supposed to be clear?

Cheri

Molly wrote:

I looked into this and there's a lovely faq here about whether Australian is superior to American and whether triple processed is superior to standard processed.
http://www.mezza.co.uk/FAQ.htm#8
Admittedly, they have an interest in selling the Aussie product, but I think they make some sound arguments.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
My two bottle so far have not been clear - more milky almost opaque
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
It's not supposed to be clear Phredd4. I think that statement is slightly innaccurate. I would say from my Dremu and Ultra-emu experience that the triple refining process makes it more homogenous and whiter so probably more appealing cosmetically from that. The standard has fatty lumps suspended in it and is more yellow.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Molly! Wanted to ask you - which one do you prefer, Mezza's Australian emu or LB's Ultra? Planning my next cheapie emu purchase cos I'm soooooo fed up with Dremu's ridiculous packaging.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Molly! Wanted to ask you - which one do you prefer, Mezza's Australian emu or LB's Ultra? Planning my next cheapie emu purchase cos I'm soooooo fed up with Dremu's ridiculous packaging.

I honestly, honestly prefer Mezza's. As I've said before it feels more fatty than oily to me. Feel it absorbs and moisturises better.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Think will try a small bottle of it.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Thanks! Think will try a small bottle of it.

nothing to lose! It's so cheap.
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried this for skin conditions? Psoriasis?
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys.

I'm already using emu oil which i love, but need to repurchase. I'm in Uk and there's a company herewww.emu-oil-well.com that sells australian triple refined emu oil. That sounds pretty good to me, but it comes in a jar? which I found strange Confused Wouldn't that be a bit messy?! I'm going to contact the company to see what they say, but thought I'd try here also. If the emu's not air tight, does it stagnate?
Has anyone in the UK used this site? Or any recommendations? Don't really want to use dremu as I want to use it as a body lotion as well, so dremu would be too expensive. Have also heard of emu spirit through a friend, but like somebody mentioned earlier, they don't mention if the oil is triple refined. has anyone tried this brand yet?
cheers
p

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi,I have not posted very often on the forum but I wanted to put my two cents worth concerning the Dremu oil. I ordered mine from Dremu directly. I can not say enough good things about their customer service wow! I had a problem with one of their products they went out of their way to fix the problem immediately and it was was the day before thanksgiving.
I have noticed that the product plumps up my skin and lips. I like it allot!
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Australia and use either Emu Spirit or Mt Romance, just depends on what's on offer at the health food store. Both of them are odourless with a slightly milky colour. I have normal skin with a slightly oily t-zone and use it at night instead of a cream. I wake up with skin that is hydrated and calm without being a grease ball. My night time routine is simply to use a serum made of aloe vera gel, glycerin and rosewater to deliver the water soluble actives I use, followed by the emu oil to which I have added oil soluble actives (vitamins e/d/a/k, lecithin and some essential oils for healing). This way I get the moisture I need and the emu oil seals it in and reinforces the skins natural lipid barrier.

I keep my emu oil in an easy to squeeze bottle so I can get it out regardless of whether it is liquid or semi solid because of the cold weather.

I am extremely doubtful of the benefits of Dr Emu triple refined. It may sink in better but I doubt it has any more benefit to the skin. It may simply be like fractionated coconut oil. This has no more benefit to the skin, but is cosmetically more acceptable because it remains liquid in cold temperatures.

I find oils sink into the skin better if they are patted onto the skin rather than rubbed in. I find this works better for creams also, although patting it in is a few seconds more time consuming. The benefits are cream/oil is well absorbed, lymph glands around jaw/neck are stimulated and skin is not stretched. After all we are always told to apply eye creams by patting them in for that very reason.

Be warned though. When you start patting creams/oils into the skin rather than rubbing them in you may end up with spots or redness underneath the jaw line for a week or so. This is because of the lymph stimulating action, however it doesn't last long and contributes to the bodys overall health so it's worth it.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Luckylouie, thanks for posting the info on patting products into the skin and the resultant lymph stimulation. Very helpful. I'm a "rubber" and will start doing the patting to see how that works out. Can you please give detailed instructions on how you pat products into the skin? I'm sure there's probably a certain direction to go in or "route" to follow on the face, but haven't a clue where to start, how much pressure to apply, etc. TIA! Very Happy
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever seen men putting on aftershave? Imagine that sort of slapping motion, but more gentle, basically using the fingers rather than the palms of the hands. Just put a little of your cream or oil on the fingers, rub to spread it over them and then pat it into the skin. I use the palm of my hand for the neck/chest area as there is more area to cover and the fingers for the rest of my face. I use a little more pressure on the sides of the neck specifically to stimulate the lymph glands. How much pressure is a personal thing, just experiment and see what feels right for your skin. Happy slapping.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
... Happy slapping.

Thank you for the instructions. Will commence slapping this evening when doing my routine! Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
luckylouie wrote:
... Happy slapping.

Thank you for the instructions. Will commence slapping this evening when doing my routine! Very Happy

Very interesting stuff from luckylouie...Mermaid Girl: I'll be "slapping" right along with you!
Pudoodles
Dljustin

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone out there have Sjogren's syndrome. It severely dries out your skin and I have it. I am so confused. I was first told that PSF HA was just like cellex-c b5 complex and skincueticals. Just a bit cheaper. I was told to use that under Peter roth all day moisturizer. Then I was told no possibly try Dremu oil. I cannot use anything with alcohol and has to be fragrance free. Please if there is anyone that can help I'd appreciate it
Thanks
Deb

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Dljustin wrote:
Does anyone out there have Sjogren's syndrome. It severely dries out your skin and I have it. I am so confused. I was first told that PSF HA was just like cellex-c b5 complex and skincueticals. Just a bit cheaper. I was told to use that under Peter roth all day moisturizer. Then I was told no possibly try Dremu oil. I cannot use anything with alcohol and has to be fragrance free. Please if there is anyone that can help I'd appreciate it
Thanks
Deb

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the condition but I'd like to ask so we can have a clearer picture..WHO told you to use these products ...was it a derm?
Dljustin

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have been to a derm(MANY0. I have Lupus and sjogren's syndrome. They are both autoimmune diseases. Sjogre's syndrome causes you to have no saliva, no tear ducts as well as dring out your skin from the inside out. My skin becomes so dry and flaky and no matter what I have tried it just doesn't work. A girl with drying skin that works at sephora told me to use these products but margaret from EDS looked into some others for me such as dremu oil.
Thanks for the quick response.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
There are a lot of emu experts on this board (I'm not one of them), hopefully they'll chime in soon. I'm also thinking of ALA from PSF which is a barrier repair.

Meanwhile, did your derm recommend any supplements like HA that you can take..to hydrate your skin from the inside?
Dljustin

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
No, because of the 2 diseases I ham very sensitive to all meds including supplements

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
Quote:
Be warned though. When you start patting creams/oils into the skin rather than rubbing them in you may end up with spots or redness underneath the jaw line for a week or so. This is because of the lymph stimulating action, however it doesn't last long and contributes to the bodys overall health so it's worth it.

What do you mean by this? Can you expound?

A few days ago, a SA (over 50, GORGEOUS SKIN) said she pats/presses her mineral sunscreen over her MMU. Me: "Over?!". She said this reduces the shiny, white cast. She said to apply it to your fingertips, rub them together to emulsify the SS then press/pat on. She said ideally you want the mineral sunscreen (don't know about chemical), to "sit" on top of the skin, not be rubbed in. I've been doing this the last couple of days and it IS less shiny. Huh. Seems to be a better way to apply SS - even if you dust MMU on top.

Also, starting yesterday, I have a small break-out of little red bumps just along the underneath of my jaw...coincidence?...Curious, is this what you're talking about luckylouie? Anyone else know about this?
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I reordered a 1.7oz bottle of this from EDS. I tried other cheaper brands to save $ but for some reason, Dremu feels way superior in terms of healing,soothing and plumping. I don't know whether I imagine it but my skin seems to look better when I use Dremu compared to other brands too.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:07 am      Reply with quote
wow, i'm so glad i revisited this forum, if only to have discovered luckylouie's fine moisturizing application tip and to hear about her inspiring regimen! you are very wise!

I recently purchased both dremu and weleda's rose capsules, and can honestly say that i love the way my skin looks with the rose capsules--perfectly hydrated, glowing, and very soft; whereas the dremu really has done almost nothing for my skin. I've used a lot of different emu oils withmuch success in the past, and this one literally feels like it is sitting on top of my skin and not absorbing. When i add a little HA, it absorbs, but leaves my skin looking a bit dry about 30 minutes later.... I'm going to keep it for healing purposes, but I must admit I am not impressed!

Next time, I'm going with Molly's recommendations.

Thanks, everyone!

--avalange

p.s. to luckylouie: Are there other spots on the face that one should concentrate on for lymphatic drainage/stimulation?

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |