Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
best mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
whats a good mascara? drug store or high end
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
My faves are Christian Dior, Shu uemura (although I can't seem to find this one anymore), Dr Hauschka, and for a drug store brand I love Maybelline's unstoppable. It creates long lashes that you can build up and even though it's not waterproof it stays on all day without smudging. Great value for the $8 price tag! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite that I come back to time after time is Lancome Definicils. Every once in a while, I'll think there must be something out there just as good, that is cheaper ... and nothing I've found ever compares for me. Doesn't smudge on me, nice thin brush (I hate the big bushy brushes) and makes you lashes look nice and long!
Mabsy

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
What are you looking for in a mascara? Just natural look? Lengthening? Thickening? High-impact?

If you're after a natural look then my total favourite is Dr Hauschka's mascara. All natural - glides on, separates lashes well, no clumps (at all!), lashes feel soft, no smudging - and it looks natural too Smile
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I think Im looking for lenthening and something that wont clump.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
You may wanna buy Lancome's Cils Booster - it lengthens and enhances the effects of your mascara. I've tried every single one of Lancome's mascaras and I think they're quite effective. L'extreme is the one that is supposed to lengthen but I would probably use Hypnose as it lengthens + volumizes lashes but it's more dramatic. But for everyday I'd go with L'extreme / Flextencils / Definicils. Flextencils curls as well but if you're looking for JUST lengthening then L'extreme. To me definicils just adds colour to my lashes and doesn't do much but it is very natural. None of the above clumps but hypnose has the highest chance of clumping (but I've never had a problem with it). Whatever mascara you pick I recommend you buy a lash comb - Tweezerman makes a good one and you can get it on EDS. It prevents mascaras from clumping and lashes sticking together.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
currently i am using hypnose, i find that the lancome mascara's get dry quite fast.
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried using Blinc's mascra?
if so how did you like it?
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I can tell you which brands NOT to buy.
Max Factor - Stretch and Separate = smudges badly
Physician's Formula = smudges by the end of the day

I'm still looking for one that doesn't smudge. I don't care about lengthening (I have very long curly lashes) or clumping or anything. Just NO SMUDGE!! Smile

Although, if you are looking for something that makes your eyelashes so beautiful and long that they almost look fake - Physician's Formula "Lash in a Tube" is fabulous for that. The only problem is the smudging. You have to find a clear coating to go overtop to help with it. But the lashes you get with it are almost worth it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Are you talking about Physician's Forumla Lash in a Tube? That's the only mascara I've ever found that doesn't end up under my eyes at the end of the day. I can even put it on my lower lashes with great results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
What are you looking for in a mascara? Just natural look? Lengthening? Thickening? High-impact?

If you're after a natural look then my total favourite is Dr Hauschka's mascara. All natural - glides on, separates lashes well, no clumps (at all!), lashes feel soft, no smudging - and it looks natural too Smile

I second that. This is my HG mascara now thanks to Mabsy! I find that it gives my lashes great definition and keeps them soft all day long.
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I really wish to find a really great natural mascara, but, until then, Maybelline's Full 'n' Soft is my go-to choice.

Perfect fluffy lashes everytime.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Best no-smudge mascara must be Blinc's Kiss Me. Not very volumising though.
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love and adore Blinc's Kiss Me mascara. It's the only mascara I use. I use the purple color, because no one can tell it's purple, but it brings out my green eyes.

I adore it because it does not rub off under my eyes at all. This was always a perpetual problem I had with mascara. I don't know if I just have oily under-eyes or what, but every mascara, even the heavy duty waterproof ones, all would leave faint shadows under my eyes by the end of the day. Kiss Me does not.

It is a pretty natural looking mascara, though. No dramatic lengthening or volumizing results. I can't recommend one for that. But the Beauty Addict blog just had a very intriguing review about Lancome's soon to be released Femme Fatale that sounds pretty amazing. (I'm a new member, so I can't post a link, but the blog is at beautyaddict dot blogspot dot com)
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:21 am      Reply with quote
The best mascaras i have tried so far are from Anna Sui and Biotherm ..good Laughing
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:08 am      Reply with quote
The only mascara I have been continuously repurchasing since the I initially bought it is L'Oreal Double Extend. It's a 2 step mascara: one end builds your lashes and extends them, and then the other end is the mascara that goes over top. My best male friend thought I was wearing false eyelashes! I always use a lash comb after applying mascara, I haven't found one that goes on perfectly, but that's fine with me, as the end result is fantastic.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Agave - I think you'd probably really like the Dr Hauschka mascara then.
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I love Blinc's kiss me mascara. I have trouble with mascara smudging, and this is one of two that I've found that doesn't smudge. The other is philosophy's mascara which is actually a temporary lash stain.

Of course like the others said neither are real volumizing.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Ch79 wrote:
I love and adore Blinc's Kiss Me mascara. It's the only mascara I use. I use the purple color, because no one can tell it's purple, but it brings out my green eyes.

It doesn't look purple? I'd love to bring out the green in my eyes. I've always steered away from colored mascaras & played it safe with black/brown ones. Maybe this is one for me to try!
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
i vote anna sui long/volume mascara. it got very visble effect.

another i must use clarins fix mascara. use it on top of your normal mascara, you wont be a panda. Wink
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Again, the infamous mascara debate. I am still a fan of cheapola Rimmel Extra Super Lash in Black and L'oreal Voluminous (black). However, as my father died two weeks ago, I knew I'd need a tube of waterproof mascara. In my shopping frenzy, about four hours before I caught my flight up to Smithers, I grabbed a tube of Rimmel's Volume Flash Waterproof.

It's held-up well, but I never wear waterproof mascara, as I hate taking it off with oil-based products. I'll likely use a bit this summer, but again, I am not a fan of waterproof mascara.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome's Hypnose
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I like Lancome, clinique, covergirl lash exact, Almay tripple effect
Sonson
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Lancome's Hypnose

I second that
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
[quote="dollbird"]Best no-smudge mascara must be Blinc's Kiss Me. Not very volumising though.[/quote]
Are you using with the primer? I have been using it and like it, it does not clump, for some the separate use of the primer is essential. I have used it with or without Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |