Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need help -Victoria's Secret Bras
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies!

Can anyone help me with the Sizing of VS Bras?I am thinking of placing an order online for their Semi Annual Sale, but i am not familiar with the sizing.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with these brands...My last bra purchases are from La Senza & Marks Spencer and the size is 36B, though i sometimes fit in 34B in other brands...so i guess i am somewhere in between LOL

Lastly, which collection in VS are worth getting?

Thanks so much as always Smile
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
The VS site has a measuring chart...if you measure your ribcage right under the bust that will give you your strap size (34, 36, etc). Then measure around your bust for your cupsize..if there is a 1 inch difference you are an A, 2 inch B, etc.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
The VS site has a measuring chart...if you measure your ribcage right under the bust that will give you your strap size (34, 36, etc). Then measure around your bust for your cupsize..if there is a 1 inch difference you are an A, 2 inch B, etc.

OK, I thought that the cup sizes actually go up in 2inch increments (this is cuz I am sure they measure cups here by 5cm -- which is 2")... but I went off and checked the full info at the Vic Sec site:

Step One: Band Size

Using a soft tape-measure, measure around the ribcage directly under the bust. The tape should rest on the lower band of your bra. Be sure the tape is snug, smooth across the back and level with the front.

Add 5 to this measurement to obtain your band size. For example, if your ribcage measurement is 29" + (5) = 34" band size. If the resulting band size is an odd number like 33", you can usually go to the next even band size (34"), but you may also want to try the next lower band size (32").

Step Two: Cup Size

Measure completely around the bust at the fullest point, holding the tape measure straight but not tight. The difference between this measurement and your BAND size is your cup size. Each inch of difference is equal to one cup size. For example, if your band size is 34" and your bust measurement is 35", you wear an "A" cup.
if the difference is:
less than 1 inch =
1 inch =
2 inches =
3 inches =
4 inches =
5 inches =
AA cup
A cup
B cup
C cup
D cup
DD cup

While this method is generally reliable, every woman's figure is different and results may vary slightly. We recommend that you try several sizes and styles to find the fit that works best for you. You can also visit a Victoria's Secret Store near you for a free personal bra consultation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I used to work at Vicky's (what we called VS working there) and honestly, the best way to find a bra at VS is to go try them on.

Every style is different, for instance, I love the Very Sexy collection, used to like the Angel line but their new styles don't fit me right.
Also...that new IPEX they "swear" by as the best bra ever (patent pending, yada yada yada) didn't fall right on me at all. At first, when I went in to try it out, they didn't offer it in a 36A...the SA was like "how about your sister size" my what now?
"Sister size, a 34B"
I told her I DO NOT fill out a B cup.
"Oh everyone has a sister size...if you are a 36B your sister size is 34C"
Um, I saw her logic but if you don't fill a B, you don't flippin fill a B!
I tried it on.
I didn't fill a B.
She was shocked...haha.

Anyway...You gotta just find a style you like, they honestly are different...Angels, IPEX, Very Sexy, Cotton Collection, Pink, etc.

The best way is just to try them on.
Just make sure if you need more support, you get more of a lined cup. It'll help alot.
But not that I would know...
I only fill an A completely on good days.
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I will say (forgot to above) that VS is the only place I'll buy bras.
Yes more expensive...but they last if you take care of them.
I've never had a problem and have been wearing VS bras for 10 years (um, not the same one of course...but I do still have a t-shirt bra, that now I wear for workouts, from 8 years ago!) Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
dont laugh to hard at the "sister size" idea... At one point (when I was a little matchstick) I thought I was a 12C but found out that 10D was also for me. In fact, it fitted me better!! Maybe that works best if you are an inbetween size (ie 33" or 35")

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know it was called 'sister size',but I was just measured at VS and she told me to try 36B or 34C. My band size is 35 so I fall in the middle. I found it really matters on the cut-- sometimes the 36B worked, but so did the 34C.

She told me the cup sizes do vary based on the band size. Makes me wish I were a 32D. Hahahahaha! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I think the "sister size" idea works if you actually fill out your "main size." I'm not truly an A (an "almost A") if you will. So a B was even bigger.

I envy those who can fit into more than one size!
My size is becoming more common, but was hard to find for awhile.

I'm resigned to my fate in the land of A Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I never bought a bra from VS. But I have bought panties from there. I'm a Medium in panties at La Senza, however when I ordered medium from VS they were too big. I actually fit into an Extra Small in panties from VS Shock
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks so much for all the replies and the measuring guide. I love that I can ask anything here in the Lounge!

I know that different brands have different sizing so it's best to try them out. unfortunately i am not in the US so i can only order from the website Sad

can you ladies believe i just measured my bust for the first time today! so apparently based on the tape, my band size is 29.5" +(5) = 34.5" and my bust measurement is 35.5" which would make me an A cup! which is surprising cause while all my bras may be either 34" or 36" but i can never fit into an A cup???

But...i just checked VS again and it says that a B Cup in European = A Cup in the US, so could I be an "A" after all? *joins ParisTroika in the land of A*

BCgirl : could be the VS bra sizes go down a size from La Senza just like the panties huh. I wear a medium at La Senza too Laughing

Dang! Why don't they just have standard measurement requirement all across! Now i am even more confused...
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Is La Senza only in canada?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
If you think buying bras globally is confusing, try shoes.. ARGH...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
VS bras fit funny on me, my actual size is always too big but when I go for a smaller one - well it doesn't fit either. I fit my sister size most of the time and La Senza works for me in my actual size (well some of their bras too). I also find sometimes their cups are sort of shaped funny (both VS and LS). Maybe because I have small Asian boobs but sometimes I find their cups are sort of pointy Shock
Anyways, my best bra shopping always come from Jacob Lingerie which has very comfortable bras that I don't even have to try on because they fit PERFECTLY with my actual size. I used to use Triumph but they don't last.

I actually remember one time I was in the States with my family and we walked by VS so I went in. Immediately my bro goes "You fit a VS?! Shock " Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I actually remember one time I was in the States with my family and we walked by VS so I went in. Immediately my bro goes "You fit a VS?! Shock " Laughing

Laughing Laughing He has been looking at too many catalogues with models squeezed into too-small bras to make the goods look bigger and better. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I love VS cotton bras, bikinis and thongs -- they're my mainstays and for me, run true to size. They're the best cotton undies I've ever had!!! They've held up very well and haven't even faded much after years of washing. VS offers a great color selection too.

tiger_tim -- A girlfriend also told me the models wear smaller sizes to make them *overflow*, but honestly, who can deny that most of those women are very well-endowed???
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried a VS bra. What is your favorite thing about them that sets them apart?

Bella

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:33 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
VS bras fit funny on me, my actual size is always too big but when I go for a smaller one - well it doesn't fit either. I fit my sister size most of the time and La Senza works for me in my actual size (well some of their bras too). I also find sometimes their cups are sort of shaped funny (both VS and LS). Maybe because I have small Asian boobs but sometimes I find their cups are sort of pointy Shock
Anyways, my best bra shopping always come from Jacob Lingerie which has very comfortable bras that I don't even have to try on because they fit PERFECTLY with my actual size. I used to use Triumph but they don't last.

That sounds like something my brother would say too Very Happy
hey...do you wear the same size in La Senza and VS? Or is it like the panties which is a size smaller in VS?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I buy a lot of stuff from VS - mostly clothes though. Love their clothes! But I'm not that fond of their bras, they never seem to fit me properly (yes,I measured) no matter what size I buy! I have actually returned 4 or 5 of them! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Poppy wrote:
sormuimui wrote:

That sounds like something my brother would say too Very Happy
hey...do you wear the same size in La Senza and VS? Or is it like the panties which is a size smaller in VS?

I've never bought panties from VS so I can't say. For LS I wear S, whatever brand of panties it fits fine as long as I get a S, unless they have an XS (which rarely happens). I have bought S's that fit a bit larger but only because they were supposed to be SUPER low waist so they made it wider. But once again I prefer all my lingerie from Jacob because LS panties don't last too long - I've had threads start to come loose on my thongs - which made me itchy...

Anyways, I find VS bras if I buy the right size the cup is always slightly too big for me, so in a sense my bro was right - VS is for the well endowed! I've recently bought the convertible LS bras - they fit but the cups are shaped funny and they wear a bit low (I prefer the OLD convertibles). Nonetheless I still love the bra because it's the only strapless that the sides WON'T show on my super fitted tanks.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I like VS cotton panties...they're nice and comfy...

For the bras I can wear the body by victoria and the ipex. The others I find are cut so weird my boobs will either overflow or not fill it at all...(a lot of the cups are cut too low) Most other brands I wear a D but with VS I find a C fits better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I think my dilema is solved....

All the bras i was eyeing for has no more stock in my sizes (and sister sizes LOL)

So i MUST take this as a sign and put away my Credit Card.

*Sigh*
Caspers Mum

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I know someone whom works for V.S., and she shared the following response to your query,

"Tiger Tam is correct regarding how to find her measurement. If she does measure at a 36B then she will want to do that or 34C but not 34B as that will be way too tight. I would suggest that she also try the Very Sexy Push Up as it is the top selling cleavage inducing bra VS has. Simply amazing!!"
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
to be honest, I've ordered via the web several times, as once I knew what size I was with their bras I found the sizing to be true with several styles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just a note that I love, love VS bras. Very nice fit though I understand not all brands work for all ladies. I did have to try one on first and since then, it's been easy going for me.

FYI, I do look on eBay for deals.
luvmykitties
5% products discount

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm also a big VS fan. They are the only bras I get (and most of my panties)

Most of the styles fit me well. I need to get push up styles because of the gravity that has taken over. Rolling Eyes

I am always a 34C there. I have never needed another size. But not all styles work for me either.
Angels and Very Sexy fit me the best. Some of the Body styles work - but not all of the them.
I just tried on IPEX and it fit, but was not impressed. I'd buy it if it was drastically
reduced in price.

When I was younger, the sister sizes worked, but hasn't for me in awhile. I recently tried a sister size at VS for a bra I really wanted, and it definitely didn't fit well.

When I was in VS, I fell in love with their new BODY pajama collection. Boxers, lounging pants, really nice underwear (in addition to the regular BODY panties they carry).
I just didn't have the money to buy that stuff. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

41, mature dry skin, somewhat sensitive. Blue eyes, brown hair, fair to medium skin. Areas of concern: loss of elasticity & definition, sagging skin/jowls, neck, deep lip lines, broken capillaries on nose and cheeks, crepiness on eyelids. Less of a concern: photodamage, wrinkles around eyes and outer cheeks, darkness under eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |