Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Before and Afters of my lashes after using Jan Marini 3 mos
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
i have had absolutely amazing results with Jan Marini for the past two weeks, and i've ONLY STARTED! i swear my lashes are so much longer and lush, i can't even wait till my 6 month mark comes!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I have change!!! (And I don't mean money). My eyelashes have grown because for the first time in my life I can use an eyelash curler. In fact, I was so taken with my new lashes, yesterday we had a varsity soccer game for our youngest son. I showered, actually spent more than 10 minutes on my hair and face combined, applied eye shadow, curled my eyelashes-I was a complete 10 for the 16 year old sweaty smelly kids and parents. My husband even said, did you do something new to your face, "your eyes look brighter". Yeah!!!!!! FYI- today is the start to week number 7. I will continue for another month and then switch to EOD because I don't want to look unnatural. Also, for those that are gathering info on the product and progress before buying, I also applied to eyebrows and lower lashes. The eyebrows have marginally thickened. I have a clearly visible hairless patch at the very end of my eyebrow. I just needed 6-8 hairs (is that too much to ask for Sad )and it didn't happen. However, I can see a definite thickening in the bushiest part, the very beginning of my brow. As far as the lower lash, they definitely have grown longer and somewhat thicker. I do the lower lash EON, vs. every night for the top.

Babs

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
hey babs some are reporting great results on using rogaine on eyebrows, wendy has before and after pics that amazing, you might want to give that awhirl on the brows.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using JM since July 4 (easy to remember date Smile and just this morning when I saw the length of lashes sticking out from my lash curler - I could not help but smile Laughing

Thanks a lot girls for your recommendation - JM costs me a fortune but it is worth every penny !!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:59 am      Reply with quote
MelisaMarie-Thanks for the tip on Rogaine. Is it just one stregnth?

Babs

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Barbara Portno wrote:
MelisaMarie-Thanks for the tip on Rogaine. Is it just one stregnth?

here's the thread on it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13642
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks la vie en rose it was sweet of you to post the link (the search feature on EDS is a pain). I reviewed the posters comments and pictures; can you believe how much hair grew in??? Wow! Wendy looks fabulous, amazing, and hairy! I am heading down to Wal-Mart today for the generic box. I haven't tried the 1000 tinting process yet; frankly I need to decide whether I want to add another monthly or bi-monthly obligation. When my husband married me 26+ years ago my daily routine was simply; I showered, put my hair in a ponytail applied some gloss and blush. Now, there isn't enough air in my lungs to go over what I do! I will say that it isn't the make up that is killing me but the color of this and enhancer for that...
Babs:( Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
go for it, Babs! what's another 10-15 minutes out of your month? Laughing besides, now that your lashes are getting long, you should dye them. then you'll *really* see how long they've gotten! and, even if this is sacriledge, i *do* use the black-blue colour on my brows as well. i just use a mascara wand and brush real lightly and don't leave it on nearly as long as my lashes. works like a charm! and i did it on brows that had been lightened by mistake by my hairdresser (considering i'm a unibrow gal if i don't pluck the middle, i look ridiculous with pale brows). so go ahead and splurge! you'll be happy you did. show off them lashes!!! (damn! no batting eyelash icon....)
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm a newbie but I must ask you guys--where did you get the 1000 calorie mascara you mention? Is it better than Lancome's Definicils (sp??)? You guys are a hoot... LOLOL On and one more thing--what's a "PM" on this website? I'm assuming it's a personal message but how do you use that feature?
rayofsun
5% products discount

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Lash Intervention today Smile and can't wait to use it. I will also document (by before and after photos) my results. I am soooo excited. I desperately want to be one of those people it has worked wonders for Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
I'm a newbie but I must ask you guys--where did you get the 1000 calorie mascara you mention?
I believe the 1000 Calories mascara is by Max Factor -- you should be able to find it in the cosmetic aisle at your local drugstore or supermarket.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CareKate.. You know what? I'm a nutcase--it's not 1000 cal. mascara, it's the 1000 something lash tint you guys had been talking about. Where can I purchase that? Sorry for asking the wrong question, but thanks for responding! Crying or Very sad
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing photos Wendy!!!! Thank you for posting them. It is encouraging. I have been using JM for 3 months. My lashes are longer than before and I hope that they will be longer when I hit 6 months mark.
rayofsun
5% products discount

Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Rose wrote:
Amazing photos Wendy!!!! Thank you for posting them. It is encouraging. I have been using JM for 3 months. My lashes are longer than before and I hope that they will be longer when I hit 6 months mark.

I totally agree! GREAT pictures! Very clear. I thought I had a good camera. Maybe I just don't know how to use it well enough. I tried taking before-pictures today and they did not come out nearly as nice as these. Then I asked my husband to do it and he tought I was nuts and laughed at me. He still did it though and laughed at me some more Laughing
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
How many of you guys actually repurchased Jan Marini IL? Thanks
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I have! The result I've seen so far has been amazing! Although, I read from another page that Ardell also delivers, anyone tried both?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered Ardell, so I might be able to compare soon.
I am very low on my JM & I am very tempted to repurchase it (cause I adore the results), but currently its a little bit of my budget.
I was wondering if I will stop using JM, it would deteriorate the results I've achived so far, wouldn't it?
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the same bottle of JM for a little more than 3 months and I still have a lot left in the bottle. I wonder if I am not applying enough. I have used Ardell before, but I did not see obvious growth. I am considering purchasing Talika after I use up JM. Some people claim that Talika works too, but others don't. For people who don't think it works think that it conditions and moistures their eyelashes.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I just recently reordered my third bottle of the JM eyelash. the new bottle has a different design. the old one had such a large opening that you would sometimes get too much on your lash line and it was getting in the eyes and quite painful.

The new desing has a very small opening so that it removes the excess solution and you get just enough to cover the line and it NEVER hurts. They must have had some complaints and had to redesign it.

Anyone get the new one yet? this will also help for it to last MUCH LONGER then the 3 months it claims for the old one so that is great considering the price.

When I first started ordering it, they only sold a couple on Ebay for around $120-$130 now there are tons on there and it is around $100-$113, some with free ship as I just got.

I know it is fresh b/c I it has an exp date on the bottle and I got the new design.
rayofsun
5% products discount

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using JM and can't wait for the results. I can't tell either if I'm applying enough. I have the new design one as well so I assume that the amount that is left on the brush when you pull it out is the amount that should be applied. It is also hard to tell how much is left in the tube. Hmm...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Rose wrote:
I have used the same bottle of JM for a little more than 3 months and I still have a lot left in the bottle.
FYI - I started using my tube back on Valentine's Day and I *still* haven't finished it yet, six months later! I have bought a new tube, but haven't opened it yet so I wonder if it has the new smaller opening...?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Rose wrote:
I have used the same bottle of JM for a little more than 3 months and I still have a lot left in the bottle.
FYI - I started using my tube back on Valentine's Day and I *still* haven't finished it yet, six months later! I have bought a new tube, but haven't opened it yet so I wonder if it has the new smaller opening...?

Wow! You've been very conservative. I always think more is best but now that I've been using it awhile and have down, you really don't need that much.

The new design is great bc it also prevents any from getting out and drying up around the mouth of the bottle. Alot was wasted there before.
blue i's

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
how does everyone see all these photos? Where do I look? Thx
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
What is the new design? I just got it and am wondering if i have a new or old bottle.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
blue i's wrote:
how does everyone see all these photos? Where do I look? Thx

The pictures are on page 1 of this thread.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |