Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bio - Oil. Your opinions please ?!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
This company is making some very bold claims (and the product is being sold in credible pharmacies in the UK) so why no comment on these boards? Anyone used it? Had incredible results? Let's hear you.....
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I guess it really isn't any good at all then....!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry it's me again. There are a few users, especially from the UK. I remember they talked about it around a year ago. They quite like it. If you search you might find it.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I just poured what I had left of this product down the drain! (Too bad or I could have mailed it to you so you could try it.)

I am not prone to break-outs but this product totally clogged my pores (on my face) and if anything made my pores look bigger.

Everyone is different but this is one product that my skin really did NOT like. (I'm 36, normal to dry skin.)

It just sat on my skin and did not absorb at all. Maybe it is all the mineral oil in it???

I'd say try and get a sample first if you can.
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Thanks lily. Thanks again Molly
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I have recently seen the advertisments on TV recomending Bio Oil for Stretch Marks.
I tried this once on my face to treat acne scars, my skin did improve but I would only recomend the tiniest bit and overnight as it is quite a heavy oil.
Have never tried yet for stretch marks mainly due to laziness, I will have to try.
The only thing that got to me was the scent, it made me think old ladies perfume and talc!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I had some to use on scars, but gave it to a friend who had burns on her arms (chef) and it helped her.

BUT I would not want to put it on the face.. any wonder it clogged your pores.. ever looked at the ingredients?? If I am not mistaken, I seem to remember myrisate (or whatever it is called) being one ingredient and that is one ingredient that will clog pores and ruin the nicest of skins.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently it does help with most scars & stretch marks. One of my mum's friends used it for her stretch marks & she is always raving about how great bio-oil is. Personally I didn't have much luck at all! Sad But I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that I've had my acne scars for quite some time now Rolling Eyes & maybe I was supposed to use it for a longer time then I did to see an improvement??...but I did use it everyday for about 5 months Confused .
beej
5% products discount

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:01 am      Reply with quote
The general reactions to this product aren't that encouraging. It suggests to me that it's an average product that (obviously) encourages you to massage the damaged area and therefore stimulate the bodies ability to heal rather than the effect of the actual product. Sadly, most of these types of product 'work' like this. And of course there's the obligatory....wait three months to see results - by which time the newly stimulated skin has healed itself....yawn!!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Safire if you want something for old acne scars try Decleors Prolagene gel, it's brilliant. Don't expect overnight wonders though, you have to use it for a good 3-4 months.

Hubby used the Bio Oil on a scar on his temple he got from a car accident a couple of years ago. I applied it nightly for around 2 months for him and the scar is bearly noticeable now. Personally I think it might be good for scarring on places other than the face.
beej
5% products discount

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
On the topic of dubious unsubstantiated product claims.

I also get fed up with seeing 'improvement' ad pictures where:-

The subject is photographed 'before' in a bad light and then 'after' in a flattering lights.
OR conversely grinning/grimacing to highlight facial lines then NOT grinning in the 'after' improvement shot.

The vaguest testimonials that all seem 'very' familiarly written OR that read in a way no-one ever really writes!

No media proof or credible medical sources to support their claims.

Obvious photoshopping is another thing that gets my goat.

It's so cruel on people who are perhaps desperate to acheive a real improvement yet only end up putting money into the hands of sophisticated charlatans who always end up pointing toward the (very) few who are happy (The skin always looks to heal remember Smile
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:21 am      Reply with quote
seeing as it's mineral oil based I can't see how any of the ingredients penetrate the skin?

I think it 'works' by the massage effect of stimulating blood flow to these areas.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Safire if you want something for old acne scars try Decleors Prolagene gel, it's brilliant. Don't expect overnight wonders though, you have to use it for a good 3-4 months.

Thanks for the tip Smile I've had pretty good results with all Decleor products I've tried so far, so I will definitely have to give this one a go too Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |