Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Make-up remover: Wipes, Gel or Oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Which is best?

Wipes...?
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Gel..?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
or Oil...?
80%
 80%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 20

MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Wipes is convenient. But may not totally wipe of those stubborn long-wearing makeup

Gel. hmm...easy to use? two in one cleanser.

Oil. probably the best makeup remover but takes sometime...

What do u think.
i was thinking for MAC wipes. But their super cleansing oil seems tempting.

Got mixed answers with my beauty consultant-friends.
Some say Shu uemura's
Some say clarins's
Some say MAC
Some say Clinique.......
hmm...

Probably add which brand is good too.
lavender39
5% products discount

Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I use an oil that I mix myself. It is just jojoba and grapeseed. Works great and doesn't cost much.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I have a big pack of MAC wipes, if you live in Vancouver I can sure give you some! I don't like them - I remember I got the huge pack because it was much cheaper - they left an oily film on my face Confused

Now I use Dermologica's Precleanse which I like a lot, it too leaves a slightly oily film but you follow up with cleanser anyways. They smell and work better than MAC wipes - note I bought the wipes to freshen up during the day that's why I don't like them.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I just use plain sweet almond oil.
english3222
5% products discount

Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I have used the MAC wipes as well and found them to be too oily. I am a big fan of the Dermalogica Precleanse. You emulsify it with a little water after you have massaged it all over your face. Then you rinse or use a warm wash cloth and use your normal cleanser.
Mabsy

Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I do like to use the wipes but read somewhere that you shouldn't use them on a daily basis because you're pulling at the eye area too much. I don't know if that is extreme but I find cleansing oil to be fabulous at removing eye makeup anyway so I opt for that or a cleansing lotion.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:34 am      Reply with quote
I prefer an oil based eye make-up remover, I normally use Jojoba Oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I use Shu uemura's make up remover, it is awesome!!! u should try it!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
shu uemura's cleansing oil is great but too expensive.. been experimenting with the cheaper cleansing oils from japanese supermrkets and find they work just as well, although the cheaper ones tend to have more fragrance which could irritate skin. therefore i always wash my face with soap afterwards.
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
i can't use oil to clean my face. even very gentle olive oil. i'll got acnes. so i need to use milk form to clean makeup.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I really like Clinique Take the Day Off. It's like an oil and water in one ... you shake it together when you're ready to use it. I had only finished half the bottle, when I accidently dropped a Q-Tip into the bottle. ACK! I couldn't get it out and it seemed ok for a while, but when the Q-Tip started to swell and look all gross, I had to throw the bottle out. Sad I'll repurchase it though when I'm done some other samples I'm using up.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the OCM with olive oil and castor. Love it!
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
i use Fasio cleansing oil which is a gel. Handling is easy with no mess.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use vasaline jelly, rub on, rinse off with warm water then use my normal cleanser after.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use a makeup remover, now I just use my regular cleanser (currently Yonka gel nettoyant).

I'm kinda lazy...I like as few steps as possible.

Though because of EDS and all the stuff I'm buying, it's quickly getting more complicated! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Oil all the way!

I like Aloette's Cleansing Oil the most.

Tried Laura Mercier's and hated it, though! Stinky & expensive!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Probably oil or wipes, I find most gel based make-up removers too drying.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I normally alternate between a glycolic cleanser and OCM. For times when I get home really late and just don't have the energy for my nightly routine of cleansing, toning, C, and moisture; or when I'm out camping or on the road; etc., I absolutely love Olay Total Effects disposable cleansing cloths, the ones that say "fights seven signs of aging." They do a great job of removing dirt and oil, and they leave my face feeling clean and naturally moist (not oily, sticky, or as if I have a film). Plus the ingredients indicate that I'm getting the benefits of a full routine.

MTRLB wrote:
Wipes is convenient. But may not totally wipe of those stubborn long-wearing makeup

Gel. hmm...easy to use? two in one cleanser.

Oil. probably the best makeup remover but takes sometime...

What do u think.
i was thinking for MAC wipes. But their super cleansing oil seems tempting.

Got mixed answers with my beauty consultant-friends.
Some say Shu uemura's
Some say clarins's
Some say MAC
Some say Clinique.......
hmm...

Probably add which brand is good too.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |