Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Morning Cleanser vs. Night Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is always so dry after I pop out of the shower, so I alway am hesitant to wash as it might overdry, but perhaps if I find a cleanser that adds moisture rather than stripping it, I could apply that.

Not sure if the cleansing milk I'll have will do that.
Any suggestions? I mean, I know I have oily skin and stuff, but maybe if I get a cleanser for normal skin, or dry skin, I won't strip my face.

I often do have products I've put on from the night before, especially if I have to spot treat, I need to get it off without scrubbing to hard. Perhaps a gentle cleanser can help with that? hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I faced the same problem too. I obtained opinion from beauty salon yesterday.

AM: we need to use milk cleanser because we dont have make up or sunscreen to be washed off.

PM: Put milk cleanser on face, use tissue to wipe off without mixing with water. Then, follow with deep cleansing such as foam cleanser.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Actually I have that problem too if I just wash my face with water. Definitely go for a milk cleanser in the AM (something that won't leave a film if you have oily skin). Maybe you can try Sothy's cleansing milks? They have a normalizing one and purifying one.

However I'm not sure about the cleansing milk in the PM, I think that really would be based on preference.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Paris I think that the Yonka Cleansing Cream would be a good choice for you. I also have oily skin and this is what I use as my morning cleanser.

For over a year I only used water to cleanse my face in the morning. This actually worked very well for my skin. It was less irritated and my acne actuallly improved when I started doing this! About two months ago I started using a Vitamin C serum in the morning and since everyone insists that it needs to be applied to cleansed skin I decided to start using a cleanser in the morning. I wanted a really gentle cleanser since I did not want to overdry my skin. While my evening cleansers are gentle I dedided that a cleansing cream/milk would be a better option. I have been using the Yonka Cleansing Cream for 6 weeks now and really like it. You apply it to dry skin and wipe off with a damp cloth (I use muslin cloths) then rinse with water. It does not dry my skin at all and does not leave any residue. Yonka also makes a cleansing milk but I prefer the cream. HTH
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Awesome! Never thought about Sothys or Yonka's CC.
I use the Yonka Gel Nettoyant at night and love it. Won't change that yet (though by the end of the bottle I might get bored).
I'll check those out. I have L'Occitane's cleansing milk, but with the humidity and the monsoons, its too much for my face to handle, richness-wise.

I wish I could order everything through EDS, but alas I'm forced to go another route for Yonka.

Thanks for the advice!!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use the same cleanser every morning and evening but just add a cleansing oil before my washing agent at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I use different cleansers for morning and evening. I constantly change the product. But, i still stick to the same routine.
I use gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser in the morning. In the evening, I firstly apply makeup remover (i like cleansing oil) then followed by cleansing form with salicylic acid.
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use gental cleansers in the morning such as cetaphil, and I use kinda strong cleansers to remove sunscreen and light maekup such as Dr. H CC in the evening. They work well.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am using two cleansers because the one that I use in the evening is a bit stronger and removes my eye make-up without irritating me eyes. It is called Cellcosmet gel cleanser.

In the morning I normally use Cetaphil gentle cleanser or Cellcosmet cream cleanser because both are very gentle, safe to use over your eyes and does not strip any of your natural oils off your face.

As for taking a shower, I don't like to use scented cleansers and I really love Cetaphil for oily skin as a shower gel.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I never wash my face with anything other than water in the morning....then wipe over with a really mild toner(usually a homemade one...absolutely no alcohol) and apply creams etc....I dont think its good to over strip your face even with a gentle cleanser...there is no make up to wash off....
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I use the same cleanser both day and night. I use Lancome for dry and sensitive skin but in the evening I add make-up remover before cleaser. I use baby oil.
pipilu
5% products discount

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Dr.H CC for both morning and night
vanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use different cleansers too. I use either Cetaphil or Bioderma Sensibio H2O in the morning and LRP Effaclar at night.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I almost always use my favorite creme cleanser, however I use a glycolic cleanser 2 - 3 times a week just to give my routine a little boost. Wink

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use two cleansing type milks both AM and PM:

Eris Cleansing Lotion Arnica Flower for Dilated Capillaries and/or:

Janson Beckett's Cleansing Milk and Organic Toner.

Once or twice a week I use a microfiber cloth in the evening. For a few months I was using microfiber more often but found my skin was getting dry.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |