Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pangea Organics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this brand? I'm still looking for a good face cleanser that is organic and detergent free and not $40 something dollars. Theirs looks pretty good, but any feedback from someone who has tried it would be useful, thanks. http://www.pangeaorganics.com/pangea-organics-cleansers.html
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
i would also love to know if anyone's tried out pangea, especially their toners!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
totally off topic, but I met the guy that started this company and holy hell he is really REALLy hot and young. um, just FYI. In case that makes you like it better? idk.

oh, and I have tried some of their more standard items like soap and thought they were kind of meh, but I am also super cheap on stuff like body lotion and bodywash. Have not tried their face care.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
thanks! so did you try their body washes, b/c i was also checking those out. if so, which ones did you try and what did you not like about them? i'm looking for something all natural and really moisturizing . . .
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
thanks! so did you try their body washes, b/c i was also checking those out. if so, which ones did you try and what did you not like about them? i'm looking for something all natural and really moisturizing . . .

I don't remember exactly what I tried, because I grabbed handful of trial sizes when it first came out. I just remember thinking it was super expensive, and not partcularly different from other good natural brands (nature's gate, shi kai -- much cheaper) -- but again, I've used $50 body wash before and was "meh." I don't remember it being partcularly moisturizing, or I probably would have stuck with it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
thanks again - just out of curiosity, and i know this is hijacking this thread, but what all natural skincare lines have you found make the most moisturizing body wash or bar soap?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
sark -- rather than a moisturizing body wash, have you tried a low pH soap, as in 5.5 or below? If you go to a natural store and ask they ought to be able to help you find one. That keeps your acid mantle intact and helps you if soap really dries you out. Then I would suggest using an oil in the shower. Honestly if you really need the moisturization I think it would work way better that way then to get a moisturizing body wash, because they really never seem to work. When I get really dried out I use a low pH avocado oil soap, but it's not all natural (sebamed).

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I just started using the facial care from Pangea Organics. I can't testify to any results yet (it's been about a week)but the cleanser, toner and facial cream make my face feel so clean and balanced. There is only one cleanser for all skin types, then I use the toner for combination skin and the facial cream for all skin types/delicate skin. I am thinking of getting a different toner, most likely the French Rosemary and Sweet Orange because it is specifically for sensitive skin.

I really like these products and they have not made my face break out and I could swear they are actually helping a teeny tiny bit with the texture (I have stretched pores from acne). Overall I am pleased and am thinking of getting the mask in the next month or so.
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yayy they have Pangea now. I just came
over this product at Peacefulcompany.com
and I it seemed tempting to try :]

5% products discount

Sun May 04, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Pangea Organics this past winter. I started the regimen in November and used it until the end of February until I (almost) ran out. I heard really good things about this line so I was super excited to try it (plus it was on sale at Whole Foods).

The products I used were:
Egyptian Calendula & Blood Orange Cleaser
Egyptian Geranium w/ Adzuki Bean & Cranberry Scrub
French Rosemary w/ Sweet Orange Toner
Italian Red Mandarin w/ Rose Moisturizer
Malagasy Ylang Ylang & Linden Flower Moisturizer

I spoke with a customer service rep before purchasing to make sure that they took returns since I have very sensitve skin and he told me that I could return it if I had any reactions which was a huge bonus!

The cleanser wasn't anything special, I often had to go over my eyes at least twice to remove non-waterproof mascara. The toner was ok, it was the most pleasant smelling item but I'm not really sure it did anything for my skin. The moisturizer wasn't really moisturizing and my skin often felt tight and dry after applying. I actually returned the Ylang Ylang one and exchanged it for the Italian Red Mandarin since that's rated for dry skin but didn't see a difference. The scrub is the only product I would actually consider buying again; the smell wasn't pleasant but it grew on me after a while.

I made sure to really start paying attention to the results after 45 days (which is a full skin cycle) and I noticed I had more breakouts than normal. I didn't like the texture of my skin. It felt less supple and hydrated; my rosacea wasn't happy but there was no peeling which is a bonus. Maybe the items would be better for summer, but we don't get really dry winters in Northern California so I didn't consider that as a factor.

I think this line would be great for anyone who doesn't have to worry about breakouts and has normal/ oily skin.

I found EDS trying to find a healthy replacement for my Pangea Organics since I didn't want to go back to chemical laden products. I've since switched to Dr H and JB and I'm much happier! Sorry for such a long post, hope this helps anyone interested!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
totally off topic, but I met the guy that started this company and holy hell he is really REALLy hot and young. um, just FYI. In case that makes you like it better? idk.

oh, and I have tried some of their more standard items like soap and thought they were kind of meh, but I am also super cheap on stuff like body lotion and bodywash. Have not tried their face care.

That is really neet! I've seen this line at a store but I did not want to buy it because generally, I'm afraid to try natural stuff because of all the wax that could clog my pores.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that the Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Facial Mask in this range is good. I can't say I've tried the line myself, it all looks very 'nice' but nothing special.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
The spa I go to uses this line. I've used their mask as a scub and a moisturiser. Both worked really well with my sensitive skin. Also the box that its sold in has a extra perk - if you plant the box there are seeds in it the will grow the ingredients. I haven't tried it yet as I bought the products in winter, but I'll update you if they do sprout. Cute idea though!
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I also read some raves about their Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Facial Mask. If EDS has this , I'll try it.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I recently got the Egyptian Basil & Mint Shower Gel, and I rather like it. It’s quite concentrated and thicker than other body washes I’ve used. It lathers up a lot too, if you like that .. not sure what the surfactant is, but no sulfates (are saponified oils surfactants?). Fragrance is nice, to my nose more on the basil than mint. I may buy this one again. Price seems reasonable, and you don’t need to use much. Only downside for me is the packaging reminds me a little of Body Shop, which I’m not keen on.
havana8

Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
lovelyjane wrote:
I also read some raves about their Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Facial Mask. If EDS has this , I'll try it.

The Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Mask is here!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/pangea-facial-mask-japane-p_9253.htm
elmochook

Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I decided to try this mask after doing some research on MUA and this had raving reviews !!

It really is a lovely product - I applied it after using Kate Sommerville's Exfoli-kate and the synergy of using both products really enhanced its overall effects. My somewhat pigmented combination skin looked brighter, softer and revitalised.

The product does have a slightly odd smell to it, due to the vegan approved ingredients but it is by no way unpleasant. I definitely recommend this one for other EDS customers Very Happy
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I too really like the Green Tea and Goji mask. It really calms and brightens my skin. I've repurchased several times.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
Has anyone tried this brand? I'm still looking for a good face cleanser that is organic and detergent free and not $40 something dollars. Theirs looks pretty good, but any feedback from someone who has tried it would be useful, thanks. http://www.pangeaorganics.com/pangea-organics-cleansers.html

You may want to look at PSF's Green Tea Milk Cleanser. It is about $22 for 8 ounces and lasts awhile. I really love this line.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Pangea's Turkish Rose and White Tea eye cream? I'd like to try it, but it's $55, and I'd like to hear if anyone has noticed any results with it before splurging!
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try one of their lip balms and that Goji Berry mask. The eye cream sounds interesting..
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Annonymous wrote:
I want to try one of their lip balms and that Goji Berry mask. The eye cream sounds interesting..

I want to try the Goji Berry mask too, I have seen it in a lot of magazines. Has anyone here tried it?
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
I too really like the Green Tea and Goji mask. It really calms and brightens my skin. I've repurchased several times.

I also learnt that the green tea and goji mask is very good. I would like to try~
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Does it ever come up in the weekly special of EDS?
yoyo-mami
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
What about the toner and mask?
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |