Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Bismuth-free MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i'm compiling a list of bismuth-oxychloride-free MMU, for all those who get clogged pores and itchiness from bismuth. Currently i have:

Pure Luxe
Everday Minerals
Mineral Silk

Feel free to add to the list! Very Happy
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Larenim. Smile Smile Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Lauress
Bare Faced Minerals
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Lily Lolo is bismuth free.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
bareFaced minerals is bismouth free and has a very wide variety of colors for all skintones from the lightest to the darkest Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
bump
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone heard of Savvy Mineral Cosmetics? It's a Canadian company from Victoria. http://www.mineralcosmeticscanada.com/
They sell samples for Cdn$5 and shipping is free with purchases over Cdn$30 and no GST for Canadian customers!! Oh yeah, bismuth-free as well. Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Everdayminerals made me itch horribly! The rep there said the cause was micca, which causes the sheen. So bismuth is a culprit too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lisha Lynn is bismuth free
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Link to ingredient list for mineral makeup from Delphi Forums

http://people.delphiforums.com/tracikenyon/IngredList22405.html

this lists all known brands. Hth

Someone had mentioned Savvy. I had checked them out as they are Canadian but they do not list

ingredients.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so i've sampled a bunch of bismuth-free mmu from several different companies, and while i agree that mmu sans bismuth is best for preventing irritation/clogged pores, i must admit i'm not too crazy about the flat, matte look. I want a bismuth-free mmu but i also want the healthy radiance and dewiness of JI/Youngblood. Any suggestions?
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:19 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Everdayminerals made me itch horribly! The rep there said the cause was micca, which causes the sheen. So bismuth is a culprit too!

Isn't mica the basic *ingredient* in all MMU?
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean, Dollbird! About the dull look from the bismuth-free stuff. Lately I've been experimenting with using a tinted moisturizer, letting it thoroughly set, and then applying a sweep of Phys formula mmu. Then I apply a liquid highlighter on my cheekbones up toward the corner of my eye region...Then I set it all with a spritz of this Burts complexion mist. I get more of a dewy look this way, plus even coverage. So far so good...I have been alternating the tinted moisturizer with a light liquid foundation, as I recently found a moisturizer I really like (and a reg moisturizer Plus a tinted moisturizer is just too much!).
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Olyn -
Great minds think alike! I've been doing the tinted moisturizer/MMU combo as well and it is working out perfectly for me. I look at pictures taken of me recently and my skin looks sooo pretty...like glowy translucent, not the matte but dull effect I was getting with MMU only.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Olyn! That's a great idea. Now I can start using my laura mercier TM again, which has been at the back of the shelf since discovering MMU. Laughing It is 2 extra steps in the morning (TM + highlighter) but anything to avoid that dull, flat look.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Youngblood liquid mineral no bismuth very nice for normal-dry skin not for the oily.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Dollbird and Olyn- Relative to the dewy look that you want with mmu- I think that Pure luxe would do the trick. For me, I guess b/c I'm older I don't want so much "dewyness", so I use different products from different co. to get my desired look.

Relative to mica-almost all mmu has mica in it-it lessens the flat look, some co. have less of it than others, again look atwww.minerlmakeupmania.com forum on their start page and about 3/4 the way down they have a list of alot of co. ingrediants. This site has an incrediable about of info. HTH.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
TRUE COSMETICS mmu
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh. Their Glissade is recommended for dryer skin
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:53 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
Dollbird and Olyn- Relative to the dewy look that you want with mmu- I think that Pure luxe would do the trick. For me, I guess b/c I'm older I don't want so much "dewyness", so I use different products from different co. to get my desired look.

Relative to mica-almost all mmu has mica in it-it lessens the flat look, some co. have less of it than others, again look atwww.minerlmakeupmania.com forum on their start page and about 3/4 the way down they have a list of alot of co. ingrediants. This site has an incrediable about of info. HTH.

Hi Nomoreneckpain,
I have tried Pure Luxe (love their eyeshadows, as far as foundation/blush goes it was too shimmery for me )
I'm not sure if Dollbird is with me on this, but the 'dewyness' I was referring to is not that sheen that you get from some mmu. It's just that the bismuth free, sparkly free kind seems to almost make my skin appear to have a dull texture. So, I was basically trying to solve the problem of bismuth free mmu with a more natural look to it, but not exactly sparklyness. The tinted moisturizer beforehand seems to provide a good balance. Smile
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Olyn, we are on the same page. What i meant was healthy radiant glow, not sparkly disco ball. Wink
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh ok. I can't wear Pureluxe either for the same reason. I also use a primer under the foundation which for me takes care of any dry look, but I have to be careful in this hot humid weather otherwise even my older drier skin looks too slick, if you know what I mean. The tinted moisturizer or primer is a great idea-I'll have to try it when the weather starts to get below 95. Thanks.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no.....so everything was going well with the Everyday Minerals samples i ordered. Love the coverage, texture, color match, lasting quality, BUT, i think after a week of wearing it, it is giving me clogged pores. I've eliminated my skincare to just the PSF O2 serum after cleansing to make sure it wasn't anything else that was the culprit, and i still get those clogged pores. Don't mean to be gross but i can literally pluck those tiny needles out of my pores. I thought i wouldn't get them since EM is bismuth-free but what the heck? Very dissapointed coz i was loving EM so much. Is it because of the micronized ingredients getting into pores? I don't have this problem with Lauress which uses non-micronized ingredients...but i don't like their coverage. I really don't know. Maybe I have to try Larenim which coats the minerals with Dimethicone. The search continues.. Brick wall
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
If you just mix the minerals with a few drops of your face oil or moisturizer in your palm, it becomes a tinted moisturizer. You can then make it as sheer or concentrated as you want by how much oil you use vs. the minerals. That's how I like to use it cause I don't really want to wear much more makeup then a sheer coverage and it does make it more dewy. I find that some brands are better then others. I tried Alima and it was so chalky and dry no matter what you do to it. I found.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |