Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coffee Body Scrub?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
So I want to make a body scrub with coffee... but I only have instant on hand.. does anyone know if it matters as long as its caffeinated? Or do I need to go out and buy the stuff you grind yourself? I tried googling this and couldn't really find anything... Anyone make their own caffeinated body scrubs, and is there anything else you can use caffeine wise besides coffee?... I can't think of anything else.. baking cocoa maybe? No that's probably way to low in caffiene...hmmm...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard instant doesn't work nearly as well, but I can't say for sure.. Caffeine is caffeine, I would think... If you buy the real stuff, just buy the already ground..

It's funny you bring this up right now.. I've been doing some reading on this just today...LOL I read on one board that you can grind up NoDOZ, dislove it in a bit of water and add it to any lotion...
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've made my own before and always used instant, but I buy the dark roast for this use. If you rub some into the skin with olive oil and wrap your legs with plastic wrap, it makes a great anti-cellulite treatment. You just leave it on your legs for 30 mins or however long. I did it a few times and it really helped, but it's also very messy as I'm sure you can imagine. I always applied it in the shower.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe my memories off but if i recall on Ophrah the lady did with "used coffee grounds" rubbed in then wrapped in saran wrap. So ya make ur coffee in ur coffee pot, save ur grounds and wala. But as I said I could be fuzzy and its new unused grounds.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
How often would you use this rub? I was just thinking especially since you can wrap it in plastic wrap, would it be bad to leave it on overnight?
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I've made my own before and always used instant, but I buy the dark roast for this use. If you rub some into the skin with olive oil and wrap your legs with plastic wrap, it makes a great anti-cellulite treatment. You just leave it on your legs for 30 mins or however long. I did it a few times and it really helped, but it's also very messy as I'm sure you can imagine. I always applied it in the shower.

Wow thats a good idea.. I'm sure when you do this is only a temporary change right? How long does it last about a night? And can you REALLY tell a difference? Sounds so messy if its only a minimal difference... I guess its worth a shot though, I've had body wraps before and paid a ton for this and was hardly impressed. At least this is dirt cheap to try...

And KIKI.. the no doze is genious!!! I bet the caffiene percentage is a lot higher in that than coffee even.. I'm going to google into that...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
What? Doth my eyes deceive me?

A COFFEE body scrub?

OH there is a God!

Sorry, I love coffee, but apparently according to the Dark under eye circle thread, it could be causing my under eye circles!
Perhaps I can get my "fix" through coffee body products! Laughing

Must...try...making...this.

And since my husband worked for Starbucks for three years, we got a free pound of it a week...I'm addicted, what can I say?

I'm stupidly excited about this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Maybe my memories off but if i recall on Ophrah the lady did with "used coffee grounds" rubbed in then wrapped in saran wrap. So ya make ur coffee in ur coffee pot, save ur grounds and wala. But as I said I could be fuzzy and its new unused grounds.

You're right, but I've seen it done both ways and I after trying both I actually preferred the dry grounds. I felt that I could really rub them in a bit better and besides, I figured after the grounds had already been used, they wouldn't be as strong.

As far as how long the effect lasts, I think it's just temporary (like 1 day), but that it has a cummulative effect if done every so often.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this at the care2 website:

Cellulite Buster
Those expensive cellulite creams have one ingredient in common: caffeine! You can make your own cellulite treatment with caffeinated coffee grounds that works beautifully. Here’s how:

The used grounds work better if they’re warm.

1. Put some newspaper on the floor of your bathroom.

2. Mix about a quarter-cup of warm used coffee grounds with a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Stand on the paper and apply the coffee mixture to your cellulite areas using your hands or a loofah mitt. Don’t worry if a lot of the coffee mixture falls to the floor; enough will stick to your skin to do the trick.

3. Wrap the area in plastic wrap and allow to remain on for several minutes.

4. Remove wrap and brush off excess coffee mixture. Shower with warm water.

5. This procedure is most effective when repeated twice a week.

Exfoliating and Firming Perk-Up Facial
This will gently firm and tone your skin, minimizing pores and sloughing off dead skin so the fresh new skin underneath is revealed. Those with dry skin will want to follow the facial with a moisturizer.

Mix 1/4 cup used coffee grounds and one egg white, combining well. Massage gently onto face, then allow to dry. Rinse off with warm water.

I'm probably going to try both of these..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try the face one this morning! I just made my coffee. I wonder if it matters that it was hazelnut flavored? Confused Laughing
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I'm going to try the face one this morning! I just made my coffee. I wonder if it matters that it was hazelnut flavored? Confused Laughing

Did you do it? How did it turn out?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
TAMgirl99 wrote:

Did you do it? How did it turn out?

AHH!!! I knew you were going to ask me that, but I totally forgot to do it. Laughing I got busy searching this site and a few others and then did some house chores and forgot all about it. I thought about it yesterday while I was at my bf's house. I will plan to try it this week though and will report back as soon as I do. Let me know if you try it too! Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:19 am      Reply with quote
On the DIY Skincare Recipe Index there is a recipe that Guapagirl posted for something like LUSH's Buffy the Backside Slayer but with coffee instead. I made it on the weekend and it's great!! It's exfoliating and moisturising all in one go (I'm lazy Smile).
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I finally remembered to do this. I'm sitting here with egg on my face...literally. I used one egg white and some freshly brewed dark coffee grounds. For kicks I threw in a dash of my vit c crystals.

So far I just look like a complete freak and I'm hoping my new roommate doesn't walk in the door. Laughing I thought that the coffee grounds had really watered down the egg since it was extremely runny and so it was hard to apply. I basically just grabbed the grounds from my bowl and started rubbing them on my face/neck as best I could. My neck is stinging a bit, but I think it's from the vit c. It's also starting to get pretty tight so I'll give it a few more minute (about 10 total) and report back on the initial results (if any)! Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I just washed it off and that was a mess! Be careful if you try this since coffee grounds aren't exactly soft. Anyway, although I've put on my Photolagen and Tripeptinon, my face still feels very tight (from the egg white). I think that will subside here in a bit since I've had this feeling with other clay masks. It's hard to say if my skin looks better after this mask. I *think* my pores look a bit smaller/tighter but I'm sure that is very temporary at best. My skin has a glow to it, but then again it's had an awesome glow the last few days so I can't say that this mask added anything. I'm going to post a new thread here in a bit on the product that I think is giving me this "glow". I'll report back in the morning if my face has seen any benefits overnight from this coffee/egg treatment. Stay tuned...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |