Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Salley Hansen Lip Inflation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! This is my first post and I'm so glad I found this forum about a week ago.

I just purchased Lip Inflation and I LOVE it! It plumps my lips instantly and I really like the smell of it so much I can't stop reapplying! I use city lips every morn and night and take the HA supplements and this seems to be working very well. Thanks for all the great advice Smile !!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi anomaly!

Yes, I have this too and think it works just as well as lipfusion (not XL). Have you tried the tinted ones? I have the clear, but I just spotted some pinkish and nude like tints, and they looked pretty. Glad you are enjoying all this lip plumping goodness! Very Happy

Bella

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I use it, too, and I LOVE it!!! I have clear and a pinky blush color. They really are great and do a nice plumping almost immediately.

Highly recommend them and BTW, tried it after Carekate's posts about how it works so well.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
now, I have to get it. I have been seeing this from time to time and always thought it was just another clear gloss. glad that I read this. Wink
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a tube over the weekend, I love it! It actually moisturizes my lips, every other lip gloss dries the heck outta my lips. The tingling sensation lasts forever too! Smile

Has anyone tried the Thin Lip Collagen Boost, or the Lip Conditioner+Plumper?

Think I'm going back for the color Lip Inflations now.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the thin lip collagen boost from Sally Hansen- It's disgusting!! It's gritty, and it smells and tastes like the dental paste that the hygienist uses when you get your teeth cleaned. ( I used to work in a dental office for 6 years so I immediately knew what it tasted like).

Not that I was licking the tube or anything but when I put this stuff on my lips I got a taste of it on the inside of my mouth. It looks gross too, even if you put a lipstick on top- it looks grainy cuz there is some grit in it.

Plus my skintone is medium dark and it only comes in 2 shades- very pale pasty pink or very very pale pasty pink (not really the shade names, but thats the best description I could think of). But it turns pinky/grey on me and looks like I left a bit of tooth paste on my lips when I put it on. I tried to use this stuff a couple of times, but I literally almost hurled at my third attempt. I can't stand the taste and smell, but it might be a personal thing.

PS- I almost hurl from the grit at the dental office too, so if you can handle that stuff, then you can probably handle this stuff.

Sorry I can't really tell you if it works or not since I can't get beyond the smell and taste YUCK! Confused

Do the lip inflations from Sally Hansen have any wierd taste or smells?
Thank
CG
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have the colored Lip Inflation. It is tasteless to me, does have a slight sweet scent that disapates quickly.

Does not do a whole lot for me, guess my lips are plup enough....The Lip Fusion never did much either.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I bought both sally hansons lipinflation and lipfusion Xl they are both exactly the same ,sally is just way cheaper.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
After reading reviews for this, I put it on my 'TO BUY' list. Well, while at WalMart, I caved and got it in one of the nude/ pinkish colors. My first reaction was that its pretty sticky, but it does moisturize my lips. But how are you ladies applying this? When I take the brush out of the tube, it is oozing with product. I have to brush it off a few times on the inside rim of the tube before even applying it. If I do it without that, my lips look like a gooey mess. But, thats the only thing I didn't like. Otherwise, the tinting of the gloss didnt do much, just added a sheer sparkle to the lips. And I didn't see much of a plumping affect either. Meh, I still use it on a weekly basis with a Burts Bee's shimmer in watermelon underneath, or just alone. Cool
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I can't waiting to try them
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
After reading reviews for this, I put it on my 'TO BUY' list. Well, while at WalMart, I caved and got it in one of the nude/ pinkish colors. My first reaction was that its pretty sticky, but it does moisturize my lips. But how are you ladies applying this? When I take the brush out of the tube, it is oozing with product. I have to brush it off a few times on the inside rim of the tube before even applying it. If I do it without that, my lips look like a gooey mess. But, thats the only thing I didn't like. Otherwise, the tinting of the gloss didnt do much, just added a sheer sparkle to the lips. And I didn't see much of a plumping affect either. Meh, I still use it on a weekly basis with a Burts Bee's shimmer in watermelon underneath, or just alone. Cool

It is a bit much if you don't shave off the excess on the outer rim of the tube. I actually don't apply it all over, it's a bit much for me. I just tap it on my lips, like 2-3 taps per top/bottom lip and then rub my lips together to distribute the gloss.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
It is a bit much if you don't shave off the excess on the outer rim of the tube. I actually don't apply it all over, it's a bit much for me. I just tap it on my lips, like 2-3 taps per top/bottom lip and then rub my lips together to distribute the gloss.

I agree. But I usually shave off most of the product and then glide the brush along my lower lip ad a bit on my top. That does it for me. Well, its good to know I'm not crazy wipping the excess off Laughing .
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love, love, love Sally Hansen Lip Inflation..as far as I'm concerned it definitely works better than Lip Fusion and Lip Fusion XL. I sure hope they don't stop making this product. It also seems to be a great lip moisturizer as well. And ya gotta love the price!
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a tube of this a few weeks ago and forgot about it in my purse Embarassed Had to go and try it this morning after reading about it here.
Holy moly - what a difference Shock
Besides being super slick & wet looking, my lips are puffy! Now they'll match my hips Bad Grin
Seriously though I was so amazed that I went to take some pics, but the dang batteries need recharging. I'll take some before and after pics later just for kicks. I have rarely worn lipstick and never tried lipbalm, so maybe that's the reason for the strong reaction? I'm gonna be depressed when the results fade away later.
CG
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

I agree. But I usually shave off most of the product and then glide the brush along my lower lip ad a bit on my top. That does it for me. Well, its good to know I'm not crazy wipping the excess off Laughing .

Also the reason I think I do this is because I apply this over colored lip gloss. I don't want my brush ( I get the clear Lip Inflation) to get all tainted, hence the dab here dab there method.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Also the reason I think I do this is because I apply this over colored lip gloss. I don't want my brush ( I get the clear Lip Inflation) to get all tainted, hence the dab here dab there method.

Ahh, very cleaver. In those cases, what I do is dab the wand on my finger and put the gloss from my finger to my lips. If I were to do it like you do, the wand would inevitably get colored and the gloss would turn murkey. Atleast thats what happened to me many times before Laughing
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a 3 trial size pakage, one is clear, the other two are sheer coral and sheer nude color. I have used the clear one with no problem, but I started to get reactions on my lips after using the color ones. I tried 3 times, each with the same results. I wonder why? does the clear one have a different formulation than the other two?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

Ahh, very cleaver. In those cases, what I do is dab the wand on my finger and put the gloss from my finger to my lips. If I were to do it like you do, the wand would inevitably get colored and the gloss would turn murkey. Atleast thats what happened to me many times before Laughing

I'm silly, I didn't even think of using my fingers! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
The SallY Hansen is so cheap to purchase!

Has anyone worn it overnight to see if it does the same job as LipFusionXL?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitely be being this the next time I'm at the drugstore - gotta love the price Exclamation I have really thin lips (I've been VERY self-conscious about them my entire life), but I didn't see anything w/ any of the LipFusion pdts.

Just wanted to let you all know Sally Hansen make some really pretty and yummy smelling glosses called Liquid Diamonds. It's the tube w/ the little crystal on it!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
How long does the effect of the Sally Hansen Lip inflation last? And has anyone had any problems with a leaky tube, and the gloss leaking out from the top of the tube?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the SH Lip Inflation a couple of times and don't really notice much of a plumping effect Sad . I even tried applying it consistantly at night and during the day for a week when I first got it but didn't see much. I was very surprised to read that so many have experienced success with it. Good for you guys! Smile

I have to say though that it does seem to moisturize and doesn't irritate my lips.

Also, I dab a bit on my finger and then apply to my lips... I want to avoid "contaminating" my tube.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
SHOPPING ALERT: On Friday, I found the cutest little 12 tube set of Sally Hansen Lip Inflation trial size mini glosses at Rite Aid (PA, USA) for just $10. It's a holiday special. The set includes a whole range of colors from clear, to irridescents, shimmers, and solids in nudes, pinks, wines, and berries. I love the size of the mini glosses. They are small so you can easily find a place to carry one (perfect for a small, elegant, evening purse, and I can even fit one in my cell phone case). I also like that because they are small, they don't have a chance to get yucky at all. I've stopped buying full-size glosses because even when you're careful, they don't look as appealing when you get to the halfway point.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I did a little experiment last night. I applied the SH LI to half of my lips. When I awoke this morning I found that, yes, it does have a plumping effect but it is ever so slight on me. My lips are so thin that I would need a whole lot more plumping (as in col injections) to really see a big difference. But with the SH, I'll give it another long term try... I need all the help I can get Rolling Eyes. If anything, it doesn't irritate my lips and moisturizes. I also noticed that about 15 min after applying it, my lips became more rosy which I liked. Another reason to keep using it.

The little holiday set looks appealing! I love variety and small sizes (you are totally right, Jeannine, they won't go nasty as fast).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have some of this, and I actually hate it. It doesn't plump my lips at all. It's sticky and gummy to me. I hate lip gloss, though,so maybe it's just not to my taste.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |