Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Product background:
This is not a face product as such, but rather a concentrated active which is used in a small % in face care products. The Bioferment is supposedly the active in La Mer products??

Quote:
Macrocystis pyrifera is a sea macroalgae rich in caragenaan, algin, minerals and many active chemicals. Fermentation makes the cell contents of this algae readily available to your skin, moisturizing it and providing the nutrients required to synthesize new components. This is the key ingredient (the Miracle Broth™) in Crème de la Mer, Fucus vesiculosus is fermented by the same microorganisms that convert milk into yoghurt.

You can buy a jar of this at the skinactives.com website. 2oz for USD15.00 or 8oz for USD45.00. The ingredients are 100% Pure Sea Kelp Bioferment.

The Bioferment is used either in its pure form or as a base for other DIY serums. It can be used anywhere on the skin, even massaged into the scalp to stimulate hair growth.

From reading the feedback on the Skin Actives forum, most people speak very highly of the Bioferment (it is their winning product).. but I would take everything on there with a pinch of salt because it also seems like no one dares to speak negatively about their products?!?! If ever someone complains or goes against the tide, mods and avid supporters jump in quickly to accuse the user of "doing it wrong"...

The results:
My skin is very reactive, which means I can basically see whether or not a product would be effective instantly. I have been having hormonal skin lately, which means bumps and blocked pores, which eventually leads to lots of redness because it is so *stressed*. I also have been suffering dry/dehydrated skin because of the cold weather here.

My skin usually looks rather rested after waking up but still with signs of redness around my problem areas (cheeks). But after cleansing and applying products, my skin does look a little flushed from all the patting and rubbing. Looks even worse if I am in a rush to apply too many products.

I applied a thin layer of this last night, then applied Decleor YY balm on top. Also used around my eyes and in my scalp.

This morning.. WOW!! My skin was not showing any signs of redness and it had a nice healthy glow to it. Now I know this is not the optimist in me skewing the results, because I really have no faith in many products to help with my skin issues anymore. Also, most of the blocked pores which had grown resilient to the YY balm and DH Revitalising mask, had all resided and I had very clear skin. PLUS my skin is also very plump looking, like after a heavy dose application of HA serum.

I also suffer from dark circles and tired looking skin around the eye area. I have not used any eye products continuously for the past 3-4 months. So this morning, my eyes were back to the condition they were when I was actually using a nice eye serum.

So after I did my regular cleansing, I applied the Bioferment and waited a while to see the results. And I DID NOT suffer from any redness caused by touching the skin on my face.

Product aesthetics (and a gripe!)
It is a light brown gel which is a cross between a pure HA serum (but more solid) and the Ice Elements 2 Min exfoliating gel (not as taut).

The smell is very pungent. I was so eager to take a whiff (I had no idea what to expect), but all that hit my nose was a strong chlorine/iodine scent. But there is no lingering after-odour as it dissiapates very quickly upon application.

The Bioferment dries into a film and also has a habit of forming into flakes/peels if you don't apply a liquid or oil on top of it before it dries. SO for those with drier skins, I would definitely mix it with a carrier oil like rosehip into it. For oilies, I would spritz a little water into the product that I have scooped out and then apply it quickly. I wouldn't recommend diluting the product because it has been known to get contaminated and go off.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am a frequent buyer of the SAS products. (shamefully hanging head and admitting to at least 2 big purchases from them a month...)

Super high quality products, some over priced in my opinion. Very friendly and attentive customer service.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I agree, some of their actives are really overpriced for quantity. They do not list the standardised ratio of their herbal extracts which means you are not sure of the potential actives in those extracts anyway.

Have you tried their EGF/KGF before? If so, do you actually notice any difference when you add it to your serums?
TIA
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
anyone use there DMAE serum (or class reunion serum as they call it)?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Yes I agree, some of their actives are really overpriced for quantity. They do not list the standardised ratio of their herbal extracts which means you are not sure of the potential actives in those extracts anyway.

Have you tried their EGF/KGF before? If so, do you actually notice any difference when you add it to your serums?
TIA

I have used the EGF in several different types of concoctions I've dreamed up. I can't say yes or no on the EGF as I mix it in with the MNS & Dermagen. My skin LOVES it. But would it make a difference without the EGF? Can't say.

I just received my 1st order of the KGF (top secret project in the works Wink Cool ) So can't report on this one yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
anyone use there DMAE serum (or class reunion serum as they call it)?

I haven't used their DMAE serum - but do make my own same percentage. Have purchased my DMAE from them as well. Though did find a cheaper source, larger amount/less cost elsewhere.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
thanks Candy and all for the info,
I just ordered the 1oz dmea serum from skin actives for 15.50. I figure (being awfully lazy and all) its worth that being already mixed. Hell who am I kidding this is the cheapest thing I've bought in months Laughing !!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a bunch of stuff from them a few months ago and mixed up an absolutely fantastic eye serum/cream !!!

Don't bother asking me for the recipe though... Laughing. I started with a recipe I modified from one of the users over there, then added a little of this, then that, then more of some other thing Exclamation I have NO CLUE how the heck I made it, but I only have one bottle of it left, so it's back to the laboratory for Dr. Katee..... bwahhhh haaaa haaaa.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
*hands Katee a PEN AND PAPER*

please write down ur eye miracle, I've copied your isc might as well light me a candle for your eye stuff too Wink !!!

Melissa
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I bought a bunch of stuff from them a few months ago and mixed up an absolutely fantastic eye serum/cream !!!

Don't bother asking me for the recipe though... Laughing. I started with a recipe I modified from one of the users over there, then added a little of this, then that, then more of some other thing Exclamation I have NO CLUE how the heck I made it, but I only have one bottle of it left, so it's back to the laboratory for Dr. Katee..... bwahhhh haaaa haaaa.

It's a sickening * spam alert * isn't it? Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I love their products! I just finished mixing my eye cream and I can say it turned out fantastic!! It has all the ingredients for the ReVive eye cream, plus added actives. So far I have been very pleased with all of their products and there is a lot of information for recipes there. Plus, by making my own creams or adding things to products that I have, I have saved a lot of money. I am getting ready to add the active Lecthian (sp?)to my eye cream, it is supposed to help break up the fatty pads under your eyes. Will let you know if it works Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
sart48 wrote:
I love their products! I just finished mixing my eye cream and I can say it turned out fantastic!! It has all the ingredients for the ReVive eye cream, plus added actives. So far I have been very pleased with all of their products and there is a lot of information for recipes there. Plus, by making my own creams or adding things to products that I have, I have saved a lot of money. I am getting ready to add the active Lecthian (sp?)to my eye cream, it is supposed to help break up the fatty pads under your eyes. Will let you know if it works Smile

Will you please post your recipe too? Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes, we definitely need recipes for these!

I'd love the ReVive one, but it's way too expensive for me.
sart48
5% products discount

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Go the the skin actives website for their eye cream recipes. You can use the creams you are using and add your own actives to them. Such as the Lecithin that is supposed to help break down the fatty deposits under the eyes or the EGF that's in the ReVive eye cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
ok yall are all GROUNDED, off to the site I went and spent!!!!! I'll reveal my secret if it works...giggles
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
sart48 wrote:
Go the the skin actives website for their eye cream recipes. You can use the creams you are using and add your own actives to them. Such as the Lecithin that is supposed to help break down the fatty deposits under the eyes or the EGF that's in the ReVive eye cream.

lecithin works, I used dr sebaghs eyecream with this, in fact I still have 3/4 a jar of it (hugely expensive) but I spot use it on top of one eye where I had an issue, its gone and it worked rather fast. slight tip tho...his instructions said to rub it in... really work it in..not just dab it on ...and that might make all the difference in the world to it penetrating and working that area of fat. Hope that helps
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I will be making their Rosacea serum very soon.. Let you guys know how it turns out.

I'm quite excited because there has been A LOT of research that points to the effectiveness of green tea extract on rosacea/redness.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:26 am      Reply with quote
sounds so interesting, i will be checking them out too now Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Melissa - I'll probably be grounding them next month. Can't afford to buy anything else this month! Laughing
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
sart48 wrote:

The Centella Asiatica is supposed to be good for that too. I just made a eye cream yesterday that seems very nice, went on nice & smooth, just a little dab or it balled off - jury is out obviously as to whether it works or not...gotta try it out on my local lab rats, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
ok yall are all GROUNDED, off to the site I went and spent!!!!! I'll reveal my secret if it works...giggles

Dancing woohoo! Dancing ya mean it?! Can I go to my room now and sleep for like a week? No TV - no phone!?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:

Even if you didn't write down the recipe I bet if you found the invoice they mailed with your order 'we' could figure out what you put in there Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
ok I had made 2 seperate orders, and without me asking, they combined them (they were a day apart) and refunded one of my shipping charges,,,,,, Amazingly kind of them. Got to love that kind of customer service.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
ok I had made 2 seperate orders, and without me asking, they combined them (they were a day apart) and refunded one of my shipping charges,,,,,, Amazingly kind of them. Got to love that kind of customer service.

Jonatan is the best....

Oh - and you can expect it by Monday, tuesday the latest if your in the States

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
This was Hanna, she couldnt of been nicer to a question I had asked regarding percentage of CoQ10. Couldnt of been faster either btw.
Now Candy arent you grounded, to your room Laughing !!!

Melissa

and woohooo to my new cream by Monday nite or Tuesday....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |