Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you know these hair care brands? Feedback needed please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I need some help. I have been scouring for what brands of shampoo I can obtain through Japan's Foreign Buyers Club (imports from USA, usually purchased by the case, but some in singles) and I found the following brands that I am unfamiliar with (Weleda and Jason are the only ones I have heard of before).

Has anyone here tried any of these brands? I want to have something without SLS, DEA and silicone (preferably), but at the same time, I want a half-decent lather and good cleaning ability (I have long and fine-but-thick hair).

I would appreciate any feedback from people who have used (or even know someone who uses) them. If you have a favorite product from within these lines, then please recommend!

Non-SLS:

Eccobella www.eccobella.com

Shikai www.shikai.com

Jason www.jason-natural.com

California Baby www.californiababy.com

With-SLS, but look interesting

Nature's Gate www.natures-gate.com

Emerald Forest (can't find a website for them)

Weleda www.weleda.com

Infusium 23 www.infusium.com

Albabotani (can't find a website for them)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I too have reserached some shampoos/conds in hopes of revitalizing my dry, dyed, fried hair.

I read a lot of reviews from MUA and have read about some of the brands you have listed.

Alba Botanica - These are common in many stores over here in Canada but I have not read any reviews about this brand that makes me want to buy it - both skincare and haircare wise. Here is a link to the MUA haircare stuff for this brand:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=3&brandname=Alba+Botanica+%2871%29&brand=600&title=&searchWhere=0&GO.x=9&GO.y=7

Nature's Gate - this brand caught my interest as I recall reading that some members liked it from various EDS threads. MUA members also seem to like it:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=3&brandname=Nature%27s+Gate+%2856%29&brand=1329&title=&searchWhere=0&GO.x=0&GO.y=0

Jason - nothing wowed me either. I see this brand all the time in various stores or the local supermarket. The packaging really doesn't catch my eye. MUA reviews are only so-so:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=3&brandname=Nature%27s+Gate+%2856%29&brand=1329&title=&searchWhere=0&GO.x=0&GO.y=0

Weleda - I don't know much about their haircare but here is the MUA:

Infusium 23 - I have friends who have used this and not liked it. It just didn't do much for them. This brand is in all the haircare aisles of the local supermarket or drugstore and I have not been tempted to try.
MUA: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=0&brandname=&brand=0&title=infusium&searchWhere=0&GO.x=3&GO.y=4

HTH
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
ooh, thanks! when I get home tongiht I will sit and read all of that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger_tim! I've used a few of those. Here are my reactions to them:
Alba Botanica: I've only used the Honeydew Hairwash from this line, but I just LOVE it. It smells really delicious, and it gives my hair a lot of body and shine. Lots of lather, leaves hair very clean.

Nature's Gate: I've used their Red Tea and Asian Pear Shampoo and Conditioners and they were really nice. Again they smelled great--- fruity and refreshing, and they gave my hair a lot of softness and shine.

Jason: I used to use their Apricot shampoo and really enjoyed it (it has this addictive sweet smell), but my local grocery store doesn't sell it so right now I'm using their Tea Tree Shampoo. I really like the smell (they temper the tea tree scent with jasmine and orange blossom), and I've also found it's beneficial for when I have a really itchy/sweaty scalp. It also gives me a lot of body which is nice because I have long, fine hair. I don't remember the details for the Apricot shampoo, but the tea tree gives a decent amount of lather and leaves my hair feeling very clean.

Infusium: These guys didn't impress me much when I tried them. Pretty much like any other drugstore brand, IMO.

HTH!!! Good luck Tiger_tim!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Liz, was that the Apricot Keratin shampoo from Jason? They have that on the list.. also want to try the Rosewater shampoo they have.

Nature's Gate also has a rainwater shampoo that sounds nice, but the red tea one is on the list.

Usually I buy a case of 6 bottles (cheapest), but if you dont mind paying an extra dollar or two they will sell in singles, so this time I might get half-a-dozen differnt ones to try out.

Not sure what DH will think of that as he is attached to his Avalon Organics Tea Tree & Peppermint one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim-- yes, I think the Apricot shampoo and the Apricot Keratin are the same thing. (I've seen it called both things--- I think one name is old and the other is new.) I also want to try the Rosewater one (you know what a rose girl I am!^-^), so if you do end up trying it please let us know how you like it. I'm looking forward to hearing which ones you end up trying!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
will do. But it takes about 5 weeks to get the products, so I probably wont get to use them till the end of September. Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger Tim

I have used the Nature's Gate shampoo for oily/thining hair (emerald cypress I think) and it was really nice. Really clean wash and lathers no problem. They have good ingredients, none of that 'green washing' hype.

I always go for the natural non-sls shampoos, but have only been able to find a few that are cheap enough to buy on an on-going basis. Nature's gate costs about $18 a bottle here....

I also really liked the Australian A'kin range of shampoos and conditioners, they are all natural too but too expensive to upkeep.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |