Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried many foundations and every one has left me with zits, even at my age! Has any one had this experience in there life and finally found one that worked or am I never going to be able to wear foundation? I would like to use it for dressier events to even out my face. I would go so far as to say that when I wear it I almost feel as if there is something smothering my face. I tend to be a bit clostraphobic but I think this is weird even for me. Does anyone else get that feeling? [/list]
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I hate wearing a lot of make-up, it feels "cakey" on my skin, and drives me crazy. I think it might be the same sensation. I also tend to break out.

I have been using the Jane Iredale pressed base for the last year, and I really like it. It feels completely weightless. I recently let a friend try it, and she was really surprised by how light it is. It does not irritate my skin, but I know that some people are sensitive to bismuth, which it does contain.

Right now I really want to try the Dr. H foundation, I love their products, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have normal to sensitive skin and also found that alot of foundations and powders made my skin breakout and/or really irritated it. The very worst was MAC Studio Fix. Boy did that wreak havoc on my face. Now I use Dr H foundation and their loose powder and absolutely love them both. My makeup never feels cakey or heavy. In fact I don't feel it all when I have it on. The foundation goes on smoothly and really evens out my complexion while giving it a lovely glow. The loose powder is light and airy and never leaves that "powdery" look. The bonus is the lasting power. It stays on all day without having to touch up at all even in this humid weather I'm facing now. I also find that the makeup helps to heal blemishes because at times the redness or blotchiness seems to have improved after removing the makeup. I've beeen using it for about 3 years now and can honestly say that it's the best foundation I've found. I highly recommend Dr H makeup.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I usually use the clearing acne line makeup by Almay. However if you want something the is very very good look into glominerals.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've completely abandoned traditional foundation for the same reason, terrific. I'm a huge convert to mineral makeup, but the winning combination for me seems to be a teeny bit of tinted moisturizer and then mineral makeup over the top for any areas that need a little extra coverage. My winning duo at the moment is MD Skincare's tinted moisturizer and the True Cosmetics compact.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thank you all. I guess I am not alone. Great recommendations. I will start processing them and see which one I will try first. I also like the mineral makeup's I used Bare Escentials but I am going through menopause and get very sweaty on my face. The mineral makeup did not hold up. But it did not leave a mess either.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Terrific, I find that Jane Iredale holds up in humid weather. it even held up when i went to a sauna. I've been wanting to try other mineral brands that don't contain bismuth, as i fear that bismuth may be clogging my pores. I, like you, am very breakout prone. Therefore whatever i put on my face has to have as few ingredients as possible. I was wondering, have you also found a moisturizer that doesn't break you out?
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
yes! I use the Obagi System and that does not break me out. Even their sunscreen does not break me out.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Dollbird, I use Lamas Botanicals' Pro Vita C Moisturizer with SPF 15. It has pleasant but faint orange scent, absorbs quickly and definitely isn't causing any clogged pores or breakouts.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Covergirl just came out with a new one called Tru Blend Whipped Foundation...it feels like you are wearing nothing at all. It is light to medium coverage but builds great where needed. I am 30 and just started breaking out from facial products. Who knew...in my 20's I ate pizza and beer and never drank water and not a zit to be seen. Now I eat right and drink tons of water and I still break out if I put the wrong foundation on or lip balm for that matter!
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried so many foundations (and broke out with them too) but the one that I love at the moment is DHC Liquid makeup. My cousin introduced me to this line. It feels light, good coverage and doesn't make my face extremely oily, I have combo skin.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Amazing Cosmetics Mineral Foundation. And I'm waiting on an order from Everyday Minerals if it ever gets here!

I really believe the mineral foundation has helped cut back on the congestion in my skin and I like that it doesn't feel so heavy on my skin. If you decide to go the mineral route though you really need to try different samples as not every brand works for everyone. Good luck!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love Stila Illuiminating Liquid Foundation. I also really like Chanel's Vitalumiere.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Makeupfiend! Goodie that it has SPF too.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I tried MAC studio Fix and it was fine on my skin - i think it really depends from person to person - i only bought it after reading the reviews on Make Up Alley - I too wasn't to keen on buying MAC - but it seems to be the only make that matched my skin shade and has a whole range of colours.

I suffered from Acne for over 10 years and still get breakouts at the time of the month - and this does not make me breakout more than i normally do (at the time of the month)

Therefore, you should try it first - maybe get MAC to do a makeover at their stores and see if you break out.

Regards

Karina
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I definitely think that a powder foundation would help give you that polished look without breaking you out. My favorite is actually from the Drugstore and pretty affordable--- it's L'Oreal Air Wear Powder Foundation. It has SPF 17 and it's never clogged my pores, plus the coverage is amazing!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the foundation from Armani? it works extremely well on my skin. (combination skin)
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I like the bobbie brown stick, you don't need alot of it and although I am prone to breakouts, it hasn't caused any.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Tiente Idol by Lancome is terrific... its oil free and transfer resistant and it has never caused a break out on me ( and they certainly can!) if you want a liquid.
Powder foundation wise ...a cheaper option, Tru Blend Powder foundation ( not the pressed powder in the round compact...this is in a silver oval compact) by Covergirl ....oil free, great coverage, easy peasy to apply and lasts for ages. Love that one.... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Tiente Idol by Lancome and Sheisido has a great lifting/oil free that I love.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Although it's labor intensive initially,I like to use a powder foundation on the nose/forehead, and then a liquid on my cheeks where it's really dry. I find that this also prevents a "mask" like look, since the textures are different. And if you use products with some "staying power" it's not a lot of work during the day. Current favorites are JI pressed powder and Prescriptives new "Flawless Skin," which blends almost effortlessly and feels weightless.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |