Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

At home IPL machine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I was at the derm a couple weeks ago and he said I needed about four sessions with IPL to clear the small amount of acne marks and broken nose capillaries. Anyway the treatment is 300$ per session. I was wondering, is there anyway around this, like a machine I can use at home for instance? I'm cheap haha
Mabsy

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I would guess that IPL machines are *very* expensive Daniel and you have to be properly trained in order to use them. I would suggest that you ask around and find a cheaper place instead. If I can get IPL hair removal done on underarms and some other areas I won't mention Smile for AU$155/session then surely you can get such a small area done for less! It is the same machine that is used (AFAIK).
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I've seen used machines for sale (salon grade) that start at 3000.00 and up, and then there are the bulbs, tips, etc. That makes it pretty expensive, plus you need training and a medical license to obtain numbing cream (which I would not recommend going without). I don't think I could IPL myself, I'd quit after the first one or two, cursing the thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I have my IPL's done without the numbing cream. I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to "feel" if there was a problem or not, like the machine set too high or something. I tend to experience bruising anyway, but can keep this at a minimum by actually feeling if it's a bit too much for me or not. There is a little more pain involved, but I just feel safer without it! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
My tech does a test point on me every time to adjust my setting before she puts on my numbing cream. If my skin is not hydrated enough, it shows and she cranks it down lower. My hat's off to you to be able to tolerate it w/o the cream, I'm just a big Wuss!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm planning to buy a machine from China, but waiting for my agent to help me. They are a huge manufacturer and have machines in different price ranges. They have customers in many parts of the world. I'll be buying a portable model that weights 18kg the price for the machine including one treatment head is very good, I already paid much more for my treatments (I can choose between hair removal, acne and vessels, and one for dark spots).

The reason for the low price is that their machines are still not FDA or CE approved they are only approved by the Chinese FDA and they are on their way to get approved in EU and the US. As soon as they get approved the prices will rise at least double or triple.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
mimiek, that sounds really cool. If you know how to work the machine, I imagine all your friends will be going over to your place. What's the name of the company you're buying from?

daniel, you're a young guy and it's summer right? Here's another option: medical -- or in this case cosmetic -- tourism. See the world and get treatment. For example, I know a great place in China that does 6 sessions of IPL (full face) for 1200 USD. And Mabsy's place sounds really good, too. Do the math, and you might be able to get treatment and a vacation. Some might be afraid the service/standards lack, but the place my girlfriend goes to in China completely beats out my expensive San Francisco derm (hence now ex-derm).

This is making me think of other cool beauty things I've found in China. Here's one of the coolest.

My girlfriend didn't like her calves. She thought the calf muscle went too far down on her lower leg, so her legs didn't look that delicate. Well, she found an acupuncture place, and the acupuncturist changed the shape of her calves, I'm not kidding. Her calf muscle went higher up, retreating from her ankles. Now that's cool.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't offered numbing cream either - bummer! I'd have taken it! Smile

RMB - that is really intersting! Just done purely with accupuncture?
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes, purely through acupuncture. My SO went for once-a-day sessions for a few weeks and had needles stuck all over her body. She would then lie there with the needles in her for a good while, before they were removed and she could leave.

There were other women getting acupuncture, too. These were all young, attractive Chinese women getting weight-loss acupuncture. I wouldn't have called any of them overweight, though. I remarked about this to the acupuncturist, and she said if you're overweight you see the most progress; it just happened to be she didn't have any overweight customers.

The whole experience really opened my eyes to the cosmetic uses for acupuncture. For example, if I had a problem with my weight, I would definitely first try weightloss acupuncture before any surgical procedure.

Oh, and you know the best part? All my SO's sessions added up cost just a little over 100 USD.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
Oh, and you know the best part? All my SO's sessions added up cost just a little over 100 USD.

Shock Next time I'm there I will have to be prepared and do some reaserch before I go. I wish I'd have known last time. I wonder if they can make me gain weight.....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I went in and had the eltromagnetic accupuncture today for neck tension and jaw clenching. Wonderful, I can feel it already. My son had it yesterday for his teeth grinding (I guess it's a family habit) and he's going back on Monday for accupuncture for his allergies and the second installment of his grinding. It seems you can get it for just about anything! Maybe it can numb before the IPLS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Re cosmetic/medical procedures in China -

I'm sure there are many reputable places, but you need to be REALLY careful. There's not a lot of medical regulation and way too much corruption.

Here in Hong Kong many women are suffering horrendous complications (including complete removal of breasts) after receiving in China what they were told were "natural" injections to increase breast size. The substance in fact was PAAG, a non-biodegradable gel that is almost impossible to remove. (Think injecting a silicon like substance direct into the breasts without the implant capsule/covering)

Oh, and this procedure was being (and still is apparently) done in beauty salons as well as by "qualified doctors" in major hospitals.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |