Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
SUCCESS STORY**Acne Treatment**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Twinmommy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone....this is my first post on this board. I have been reading this board for sooooooo long and decided to register yesterday. I am not here to say that the method I used to clear my acne is the best thing, but to share my success story.

I am 26 yrs old who never had problems with acne...in fact, I was the envy of all my friends throughout high school and college because my face was always clear. Well about 2 weeks ago I broke out overnight on one side of my face only and freaked out. I went online and researched acne treatment like crazy. Last Thursday I decided to google "home remidies for acne" and this site came up (fatfreekitchen dot com/beauty/acne-home-remedy.html). I read all 20 something remedies they had and ended up trying I believe it was number #23 or #24 which said to make a paste of salt and vinegar and apply to your face, leave for 20 minutes and wash w/ lukewarm water. Salt and vinegar were the only 2 products I had available at home, so I was like what da heck?...my hubby was against it, but he is not the one w/ acne stopping him to go out, so he had no say in it.

I decided to do it that same night. I made the paste around 8:30 pm and left in on my face for 30 minutes (I was watching big brother and didn't want to walk away...my fav show...lol). I washed my face and it felt itchy. I wanted to die cause I thought I made it worst. I went to bed and could not believe how dry the pimples looked the very next morning. My husband went to work and didn't notice that morning. When he got home at 5pm he noticed a diff and was like "wow, it looks like it did something". So I did it again every night before bed since then. Today marks one week since I started and my face looks 90% better. I stopped using lotions, creams (clean and clear, ST ives scrub, st ives lotion..etc) and soap since then which was irritating them even more since I was using them all at once.

I am extremely satisfied with the improvement, but recently ordered Juice Beauty Green Apple peel-Sensitive from Skinstore dot com..free shipping. I read too much good stuff about it and decided to go for it. (I will make sure to try a small patch behind my ears as recommended before applying it to my whole face....my skin is extremely sensitive). I hope it just helps smooth out my skin and get rid of some spots left. I wish everyone luck in their treatment. Remember what works for others might not work for you. Someone recommended Oxy Daily Wash to me on a diff board....I bought it at walmart and washed my face one night and the next morning my face was on fire. It looked as if I had eaten seafood (allergic to shellfish). So you get the point...all skins are diff.

I tried to add before and after pics here, but it didn't work. If anyone is interested in seeing...send me a private message. More than glad to share! Wink
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the board! You'll love the Green Apple Peel as most of us do on here Wink
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow! That's great!! I love it when an answer to a problem is as simple as reaching into your pantry! Very Happy

Wish my problems with acne could be so easy to solve..... I will have to try this sometime! Where did you find this list exactly?
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I found the site

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/beauty/acne-home-remedy.html

I've never heard of some of those ingredients
jillian831
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Some of these remedies look pretty scary. Number 5 is to rub fresh garlic on the acne. So not only will you cure the acne, you don't have to worry about vampires!
Twinmommy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:

Thats the exact reason I didn't try the other method. I didn't know what most of those ingredients are or where to obtain them from. I hope nobody thinks I am lying about this.

If someone knows how I can post pictures here on the board I wouldn't mind at all...I just don't know how to do it and thats why I asked if you were interested to send email address and I could email them to you.

I am not advertising for Salt nor Vinegar...I swear!!!! LOL....Just sharing my success story.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
twinmommy,

Can any of those ingredients be worse than the chemicals we already put on our faces? I might try the salt & vinegar tonight.
Twinmommy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
twinmommy,

Can any of those ingredients be worse than the chemicals we already put on our faces? I might try the salt & vinegar tonight.

To tell you the truth...I didn't understand what most of those things were. English is my second language..lol..nah, it is for real. Second to portuguese.

Let me suggest that you wrap a towel or paper towel around your neck because after 10 mins, the paste starts drying out and as you talk or move your face slightly, it falls on your chest area.

I learned this the hard way. First time I used it, I had salt all over my chest and inside my bra...lol.

Good luck...don't kill me if it doesn't work for you though!
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks,

I might soak in the tub while I do this. If any falls off, I can rinse in down the drain.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Seems too much effort.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
ahau wrote:
Seems too much effort.

Laughing Laughing

In my house the "too much effort" part is cleaning the tub so I can have a soak in it! Making a salt and vinegar mask is easy by comparison.....
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
jillian831 wrote:
Some of these remedies look pretty scary. Number 5 is to rub fresh garlic on the acne. So not only will you cure the acne, you don't have to worry about vampires!

Laughing
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
I found the site

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/beauty/acne-home-remedy.html

Interesing site !!! going to will try the salt and vinegar mask tomorrow.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |