Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Where did your forum name come from?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I bet you can all guess where I got my name. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Tiger: Were there any stories behind Tiger Tim, why your dad gave you that nick name? My nickname since born was "baby" (I was the yougest) and my parents and brothers still call me that name now.

Well, I was a bit of a terror/tomboy as a kid. Maybe dad wanted a boy (I am an only child).. but I used to have more matchbox cars than barbies as a kid.. also plastic zoo and jungle animals and dad used to take me to the speedway all the time (still LOVE a good night of speedway racing). Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Japanese middle name that I used to not like and always wished my mom had picked something girlier like Natsumi. Kind of like wanting to be named Tiffany when I was a kid, instead of my actual unisex name. As most things I grew out of that and like my names now, but thought of Natsumi when I needed an "alter ego" name.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
What's your real middle name, Natsumi? I love Japanese names, esp. the really girly ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I chose Chrissie because that's what everyone calls me....that... and...I have no imagination. BORING.. I know... Confused
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite color is violet and my name is Anne. Smile I'm just not creative, I use it for everything because I like the way it sounds.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is just my nickname, I guess I like to keep it simple!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
Tiger_tim, you read my mind! I was totally thinking we should start a post like this!! As for my name, like Tiger_tim's it's old--- I've been using it since I first started going online. It was a pretty accurate name 10 or so years ago when I was young, boy-crazy, and a force to be reckoned with, LOL. Now that I lead a quiet life with my husband and two bunny children my screenname doesn't really suit me anymore, but I still use it out of habit...

Liz, I'd always wondered about your screen name 'cause I thought it was so cute! And I'm sure you're still a "force to be reckoned with"...married or not! Smile

As for me, I was clearly not in major creativity mode when I made up my screen name. First name, Mary...last name, Hughes...voila! Mary H. - the most boring moniker on EDS! Laughing

Erm......Mary, I'm right there with you. My name is Maria and my last name starts with V. WOW, am I creative or what???? I'm so ashamed! Embarassed The funny thing is, I have a bunch of nicknames...but I went with the obvious. Great thread by the way. Love to hear where you all came up with your names.

xoMaria

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Cloe was the name of our beautiful kitty. She was like my shadow and would follow me everywhere and watch over me when I was sick. She loved attention and got lots of it.

She died last year of Feline Aids. Crying or Very sad

In honor of her, I chose to use her name and I'm reminded of her every time I log in. And since I'm a very private person, it allows me to keep my anynimity. Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Bushy was a nickname given to me from late teens as I came from the 'bush' so to speek and when I hit town, the nickname stuck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:10 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Bushy was a nickname given to me from late teens as I came from the 'bush' so to speek and when I hit town, the nickname stuck.

Aha! Yup, yours I guessed!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
well, behind my one is not too much phantasy :
my "legal" name is melinda and during our university time we wanted to abbreviate everything (well, studied math...) so i became lin. 23 is my lucky number (and also a prime no. which are the aristocrats among numbers...)
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:14 am      Reply with quote
This is also the first forum that I have ever participated. Ninetynine is the nickname that my boss gave me. Eg Ninetynine in "Get Smart".
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
Cloe was the name of our beautiful kitty. She was like my shadow and would follow me everywhere and watch over me when I was sick. She loved attention and got lots of it.

She died last year of Feline Aids. Crying or Very sad

In honor of her, I chose to use her name and I'm reminded of her every time I log in. And since I'm a very private person, it allows me to keep my anynimity. Very Happy

I had a similar kitty that I just adored!! She was so sweet, funny and she just loved me so. I was crushed when my mom's dogs killed her. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad It still hurts me deeply when I think of it despite it being 6 years ago.

Unfortunately, her name was "Goofy". That doesn't make a very dignified name for a first-time forum user! My grandma always chided me for naming her that. Truth was, she was hilarious and her name seemed to fit her well!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Great thread!

My forum name "Moonstarr" came around just because I really loved the sky at night! And I thought it sounded kinda cool! And I added the extra "r" at the end because years and years ago when I first signed up for my email account, someone else had already grabbed moonstar. I rather like that extra "r" at the end though ... it makes it more interesting. Very Happy
The Queen
5% products discount

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I'm not the real Queen (I wish!) but I got called it by my family and friends for never wanting to get my hands dirty and being a posh git at school Wink and it's just kinda stuck lol. Also goes with my nickname Bee.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
ellyp,

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. That's so sad. Our furry friends have such an impact on us, don't they?

I love their personalities. If Goofy can fit a Disney dog for a name, it can certainly be fitting for a fun and frisky cat. Very Happy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
The reason I am here is because I put a lot of effort into making sure I'll always have smooth skin.

Great thread by the way Smile so many great names and great stories behind the names. I hope to see many more forum name introductions here.
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
means "chick" in Finnish.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Like MACrisis I'm also the 'baby' of an Asian family. Baby = beebee (my version of an english spelling anyways). While growing up instead of a full beebee, I just became Bee. Friends and even family thought Bee was short for a real first name (maybe Beatrice?).

Resisted the nickname for a few rebel years but recently, have gone back to it signing anything family related with Bee. As the years pass, family has become so important and meaningful now. Dad is probably thinking finally!

Oh - Bee was already taken so I combined it with part of my husband's, an automotive mechanic, business name: roadbee.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I used my screenname from Instant Messenger, but I came up with it from the Sex and The City when Samantha's telling everyone about her bf cheating her and says "sushi" instead of something not so ladylike, because Miranda's baby is there! Silly........
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Shock yep I was real creative!!! mine speaks for itself lmao....
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
What's your real middle name, Natsumi? I love Japanese names, esp. the really girly ones.

My real middle name is Asayo. Part of the reason I didn't like it was because it didn't have nice Japanese characters. (for example, in Japanese Natsumi is written in 2 characters - "natsu" is the character for summer, and "mi" is the character for beauty.) I'm from Hawaii and my parents don't speak Japanese. My mom liked the way Asayo sounded so picked it based solely on that. Japanese people pick names both because of the sound and the meanings of the characters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
My second name is Rufus. I picked my own second name as my Mom never got around to choosing one for me.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
My name is my roller derby name.

Paris Troika = perestroyka (or perestroika)
which is a program Gorbachev's economic restructuring program in the late 80s right before the USSR fell.

Why Russian? My team is the Iron Curtain, we all have names like Mandi Festo (instead of Manifesto, as in Communist Manifesto), Karla Marks (Karl Marx), Bolshe Vixen (Bolshevik), etc.

We also have two other teams, a truckstop waitress theme, and a cop team...with names like "All Night Dinah" (all night diner) and "Polly Graf" (polygraph)

its fun.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |