Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Review: Olay Difinity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I saw a recommendation for 30+ skincare in my latest Instyle magazine and among so very expensive products there was one reasonably priced on called Olay Difinity. I ran to the drugstore last night to get toothpaste (or so I told my husband) and I picked up a bottle of this stuff. It was $26.99 which I thought was a bit high considering my Estee Lauder moisturizer costs around $30 and its supposed to be a step above "drugstore". Anyway, they had a sample bottle out so I put some on my hand and to my surprise it’s a mousse! I rubbed it in and realized that it just evaporated into my skin like air. It says you can use it under moisturizer and it is used to fight Discoloration, Dullness and Wrinkles...I found that the tiny bit that I put on my hands moisturized so well I could still feel it after I washed my hands. There is a little fragrance but most Olay products have scent...I don’t find it overpowering and it does fade fast. I used it last night before bed and woke up to "healthy" looking skin. I can’t quite put my finger on it but my face feels more balanced....my acne scars are still there and all but I did notice some sort of difference. I did not use a moisturizer over it and my skin was more than dewy this morning...but I have oily skin in the summer. I am acne prone (and milia) so I'm not totally sold on this stuff yet but I am loving the way it feels right now. I used my Dermalogica daily exfoliant and then this stuff as a moisturizer....my face looks awesome. I had to use hardly any make up this morning....I'll report back and let you know if it still impresses me in a couple weeks. In the meantime I have attached they link so you can order samples.

http://www.olay.com/indexhb.jsp
like2shop

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I need some help. I have been using Clinique for quite a while and now my skin is starting to show dryness/flakiness that I have never had before so I am searching for something better. Any ideas or suggestions would help me out alot. I am in the process of sampling Prescriptive, Clarins, and Arbonne products. Sounds like the Olay Difinity might be something I should try too.
Thanks
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Well...I never had much luck with clinique but it sounds like maybe you need to exfoliate. I have tried perscriptives in the past too with no great results. Recently I have been using the Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish line and I love it. I have combo skin that is really oily in the summer. I must say I am really impressed by this olay line and have used olay products in the past with great results. I would suggest ordering the sample because everyones skin is different and I would hate for you to buy it and not like it. I have only used it 2 times so my review may change but for now I'm really impressed. It claims to moisturize down 10 layers of skin...not sure if that is even possible but I do know it is very moisturizing without being greasy which I like. What Clinique products have you been using? I tried the 3 step line and broke out in hives everywhere it touched. But I love their makeup and masks/scrubs.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm.. I'd like to try it. I wonder if you can use it with the JB line. - You know, I'm not a big Olay person, but my mom has used the pink stuff exclusively all her life, and she doesn't have any wrinkles, except on her neck where she never put it. She's almost 60. - Not that I'm advocating it. I just find it pretty interesting.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Olivia, thanks for posting this! I too saw this in a magazine...I think it was Allure.

I was hoping that someone knew something about this product. It sounds like it may work, but I think I'll wait for you to post again after more applications Very Happy

I tried the link, but they don't offer this product on the Canadian website!

Keep us updated!!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
Olivia, thanks for posting this! I too saw this in a magazine...I think it was Allure.

I was hoping that someone knew something about this product. It sounds like it may work, but I think I'll wait for you to post again after more applications Very Happy

I tried the link, but they don't offer this product on the Canadian website!

Keep us updated!!

The Canadian website is always so far behind. I saw the new Olay product in a London Drugs...with no price and no one around to help me.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
My grandmother also used the pink olay her whole life and she looked fantastic. I have been using my Neutrogena anti wrinkle anti blemish moisturiser on my cheeks (where I break out) and then using this moisturizer over it. Its so light that I thin it would work with most lines. I am still loving it...I've been using it 2x a day since I bought it and no breakouts. I have noticed a gradual change in the tone of my skin too which is great. I havent noticed any changed in my acne scars (which is why I wanted to try it) but the fine lines on my forehead have become less noticeable.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
My grandmother also used the pink olay her whole life and she looked fantastic.

That takes me back some years. When my grandmother died we found in her pantry 10 very larg bottles of the pink Oil of Olay. I was allergic to the stuff but some of the newer products are okay.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Just so you know. Olay Definity skincare is on sale starting August 15 to the 20th at London Drugs. The price is $27.99 for each product.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
You can get a free sample here (Canada only):

http://www.olayoffers.ca/definity/form.php

Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
You can get a free sample here (Canada only):

http://www.olayoffers.ca/definity/form.php

Smile

Thanks, I ordered a sample. I may try the stuff with the 15SPF.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Rufus Smile

I ordered a sample also. It's suppose to help with sun spots so I'm eager to try!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Ok. It has been a month or so and I have moved on. I did not notice any change in my discolorations on my skin or my acne scars which is why I bought the product. I did notice a "glow" to my skin while using this product. I would say this product was just "ok"...in the beginning I was really impressed because the changes in my skin (the glow) happened quickly so I was hopeful that the improvement would continue. It didnt. On to the next product!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I know everybody is different & I'm glad it's working for all of you. I didn't feel it really did anything. That's just me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
Ok. It has been a month or so and I have moved on. I did not notice any change in my discolorations on my skin or my acne scars which is why I bought the product. I did notice a "glow" to my skin while using this product. I would say this product was just "ok"...in the beginning I was really impressed because the changes in my skin (the glow) happened quickly so I was hopeful that the improvement would continue. It didnt. On to the next product!

It takes any product including IPL treatments more than one month to notice discolorations fading. You may want to give it 3 - 4 months if you liked it otherwise.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I have been curious about this product for sometime now and right now am still waiting for the sample I ordered a week ago. but after reading this, I think I will buy one this weekend using my shoppers promotion points of extra 25 bucks.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
like2shop wrote:
Hi! I need some help. I have been using Clinique for quite a while and now my skin is starting to show dryness/flakiness that I have never had before so I am searching for something better.

Clinique is pretty harsh, as a general rule.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:
I have been curious about this product for sometime now and right now am still waiting for the sample I ordered a week ago. but after reading this, I think I will buy one this weekend using my shoppers promotion points of extra 25 bucks.

Hopemelody - I just received my sample yesterday. It took more than a month...
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I received a sample of the Difinity Hydrating Cream and have been using it at night for about a week now (it was a pretty generous sized sample). The only thing I liked about it was that it made my skin very smooth and soft. I don't think one week is long enough to improve any dark spots and whatnot. It DID, however, make my skin plumpier-- you know, hydrated. Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I received a sample of the Difinity Hydrating Cream and have been using it at night for about a week now (it was a pretty generous sized sample). The only thing I liked about it was that it made my skin very smooth and soft. I don't think one week is long enough to improve any dark spots and whatnot. It DID, however, make my skin plumpier-- you know, hydrated. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |