Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for an emu oil on EDS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know of a good brand of emu oil that I can purchase on EDS? I'm looking for something in a reasonable price range, no super classy brands or anything.

Thanks in advance! Smile
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I may have to jump on the bandwagon too after reading all the rave about emu oil.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
The one available on EDS is Dremu. Dremu is a reseller of the same emu oil available from LBProcessors.com. (Dremu's is WAY more $$$) Shock
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
The one available on EDS is Dremu. Dremu is a reseller of the same emu oil available from LBProcessors.com. (Dremu's is WAY more $$$) Shock

Hmm, thanks for the tip...

So that's the ONLY one? Interesting.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Janis, if you purchase any other Emu Oil try to buy one that is triple refined since there is a difference. There are different grades of Emu Oil. The triple refined penetrates the skin faster, has more anti-inflammatory properties and is odorless. I don't know if other grades of Emu Oil are odorless, but I have read posts from people who have bought Emu Oil that is thick, gritty and awful smelling.

I did a lot of research on Emu Oil. Just thought I would pass along this info.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Dremu oil for about a week and I got a pimple. I never (well, seldom) break out and I didn't change anything else. Maybe it was just a coincidence.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Dremu Oil with great results. Tosca, perhaps you should try it again. Just maybe it was a coincidence.

I'm on my second bottle of Dremu Oil. Okay, the first one I was a little too enthusiastic and probably used too much. But, it was so moisturizing for my dry skin.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Leeleedeedee, I'll give it another try. It wasn't a really bad one, so I guess if I get another one, it won't be the end of the world.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am a bit curious about emu oil. I went to the LBprocessors web site, and I can't tell if it is triple refined. Also, I'm not sure what I would use it for as there are so many reasons people seem to use it. Does it help with mature skin lines? Does it plump up the skin? I really am unclear on the benefits, although my curiosity is definitely piqued. Thank you.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
LB PRocessors does offer triple refined emu oil. THat is the one that is described as "Clear/Triple Refined." It absorbs quickly and is a very elegant formulation. I use their "Ultra" emu oil which is cold-processed and has 40% greater anti-inflammatory effects.

The benefits of emu oil are that it is the oil most chemically identical to human skin, it is non-comedogenic, and it has anti-inflammatory properties. So using emu oil instead of a commercial moisturizer allows you to moisturize with a "clean" substance that will not clog pores or damage the skin barrier. It has been very helpful for my rosacea-prone skin.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Is it good for healing acne?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Cedar, because Emu Oil is a highly effective, deeply moisturizing oil that sinks into the deep layers of the skin, it is excellent for mature skin lines and does plump up the skin.

Sorry, Ellyp but I don't know if it is good for acne.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Well, I just couldn't wait for an answer so I went out yesterday and bought some emu oil at the health food store! It's actually supposed to be good for wound healing (so the literature from emugold.com states!) so I've been rubbing it on my 3-year-old's knee (and chest and leg and hand...he went hiking this weekend and came home all banged up, poor kid!) boo boos. I will watch to see if it helps heal them faster. I got it for my own chin acne (I touched them too much and now they hurt Sad ). I will let you all know if it works. My little guy didn't want me to put it on 'cause it might hurt but when it was so soothing, he started showing me all his boo boos!

I put it on my face this morn and it feels wonderful and has sunk in nicely. I'm grossed out that it's from an animal but it seems really nice...(I hope wildflower doesn't see this post -- she's my hero and I'm so embarressed that I caved! Embarassed )
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed my triple-refined emu oil (given to me by a friend about a year ago) is starting to smell gamey (sp?). I used some the other night for the first time in a long while and my kitty was sniffing my face all night! I put it in the refrigerator and hope it hasn't already spoiled. This same friend has told me she just bought a creamy version of emu from dianneyvonne - no verdict on it yet though.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
The creamy version from DianaYvonne is the Ultra emu that I love. I believe that it does help with acne in that it prevents the irritation that can cause new acne, and it does not clog pores. For existing acne I would use a potent BHA, leave alone for 30 minutes, then apply a little emu over the top. The anti-inflammatory nature of it will help with the general redness.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |