Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Men's skin care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if it makes real sense to buy men's skin care (except shaving) for a man? Or is it just about marketing?
Sleeklady

Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
ahau wrote:
Just wondering if it makes real sense to buy men's skin care (except shaving) for a man? Or is it just about marketing?

I am not sure I understand what you mean? Do you mean buy as a gift or buy to display in your place of business?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Do you mean is skincare specifically targeting towards men worth buying, or is any product suitable for men to use?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ahau!

If you are asking about skin care products that are specifically directed towards men, that is marketing.

You may use whichever skin care you feel works well for your skin.

I think that one of the reasons why skin care products have come out for men has to do with the packaging and tapping a mostly untapped market.

Men do not want to purchase "girly" looking products... and some men just do not know about skincare, so these men skin care products may be their introduction into skin care.

I recently started my teen son on Ice Elements products http://iceelements.com for his skin. I did a review of them in the review forum under Teen Acne, if you are interested in reading it.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Personally I think it is just marketing, I cannot see there being a big differnce between skincare advertised for women and men.
The best way of checking is to compare the ingredients list.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Men do have a thicker skin layer than women. I wonder if skincare for men take that into consideration

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
Men do have a thicker skin layer than women. I wonder if skincare for men take that into consideration

That's my concern also. but most men's lines don't even seem to know that men have different skin types, which bothers me a little.
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying to find a good skincare line for my boyfriend and most of the men's lines that I've come across do mention the differences between men and women's skin. The problem I'm having is picking the right one. There are little to no reviews on the men's lines. I ended up buying MD Formulations but don't know yet if that was a good choice.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

If you go to http://www.iceelements.com/msg-board/viewforum.php?f=7
you can speak with Frankie from Ice Elements who can recommend a couple of easy products to use.

Both my son and my bf use Ice Elements products. My bf uses the gel cleanser to shave with and says that it works great! Plus because he is using the cleanser to shave with he doesn't have to wash his face and then apply shave cream as it is all in one step.

I like it because I believe that the cleanser is easier on his skin and because it is so simple I can hope that he would be more likely to keep up with it as he really isn't into skin care... but between that and getting him to use sunscreen I feel like I have accomplished something!

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
ahau wrote:
poofybabypenguin wrote:

That's my concern also. but most men's lines don't even seem to know that men have different skin types, which bothers me a little.

You're right; I hadn't noticed that before. I wonder why they don't distinguish between different skin types? Confused
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
My .2cents; (I'm a 23yr old guy)

Most of it is marketing.
Hair products for example:
Male: Could I have some men's hairspray?
Rep: Umm, would you like that formulated with butt-kicking ingredients to let your hair know who's boss? The man is still using hairspray, but has found solace in the fact that it says it is meant for him and therefore not womanly or feminine in any way.

I guess my point is that some men need to see the word "men" or "forumlated for men" to consider it ok to use it, no matter what the product. Nair, makeup, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I won't use some products for women because of the smell...but again, that's marketing.
It's a little frustrating when people must buy products marketed for men in an effort to justify it and not be embarrassed when going through the checkout.
I could go on and on and wrote a small paper on the subject, but my rant is over. LOL
The difference between the dermis/epidermis in men and women is not enough to justify a trillion products and subsequent marketing campaigns.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
i think some brands have special products for men, not the same with women.

some products of cellcosmet, is special for men. and some, also for men. but some, can't be used for men.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
most of it is marekting and packaing, so i am told
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know a good product for my SO's rosacea? It is not very severe, just that his face appears red in every picture he takes. I don't have rosacea so i'm not familiar with the products but a fuss-free simple solution would appeal to him. TIA!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |