Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
do you look your age?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
as the title states, do you look your current age?
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Allegedly, I do not. Most people think I am 15-16, then when they find out how old I am they laugh and say I'll appreciate the compliment when I'm older. Confused Oh well.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
People tell me I look younger ... I'm 37, but usually they think I'm about 31 or 32. I WISH they thought I was younger than that! Laughing I think my dark circles age me more ... if I could get rid of them I'm sure I would look 25 ... yeah right! ... but a girl can dream. Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
Allegedly, I do not. Most people think I am 15-16, then when they find out how old I am they laugh and say I'll appreciate the compliment when I'm older. Confused Oh well.

I HAVE the same problem! My friend and I went on a tour to Thailand during my trip to HK last Xmas and some tour friends asked us - "so you two are in high school?" It's sort of embarassing but we answered back "actually we've graduated from Uni." Not to mention they asked us this question being more or less the same age as us or YOUNGER Confused But I get it a lot not to mention it doesn't help with my profession either Neutral
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be mistaken to be 5-6 years older when I was in my early teens. Now I suppose I look my current age. Wink
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Olyn wrote:

I HAVE the same problem! My friend and I went on a tour to Thailand during my trip to HK last Xmas and some tour friends asked us - "so you two are in high school?" It's sort of embarassing but we answered back "actually we've graduated from Uni." Not to mention they asked us this question being more or less the same age as us or YOUNGER Confused But I get it a lot not to mention it doesn't help with my profession either Neutral

sormuimui, you're 20 but graduated from Uni already? In Hong Kong, people finish high school (F.7 in British system) at age 19. Smile

People mistook me to be much younger when I was in Europe. I suppose this is because Asians generally look younger than Europeans. Razz
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I think I look very close to my age(45), but I also think I have certain facial features that at first glance make me look younger.

From my perspective, people almost always look their age, especially after the age of 30. In all honesty, I have never seen 50 year old who looked 40, a 40 year old that looked 30 even with injections or cosmetic surgery. I cringe when people ask "How old do you think I am?" with a facial expression that forewarns me they expect a flattering answer. I have seen people that are 80 yrs old who have aged very gracefully and 40 year olds who are aging very ungracefully.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
sormuimui wrote:
Olyn wrote:

sormuimui, you're 20 but graduated from Uni already? In Hong Kong, people finish high school (F.7 in British system) at age 19. Smile

People mistook me to be much younger when I was in Europe. I suppose this is because Asians generally look younger than Europeans. Razz

I grew up in Canada though and I'm glad I did because the educational system is much better here imo. Yeah, a co-worker was telling me how jealous she is of asians because apparently we never age Laughing Oh how nice it would be if that was true!
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
nope....
i look 17. and i am actually mid twenties.... still get carded in the bars.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
wow im jealous roadtonowhere! im in my mid 20's and the youngest i can pass is like 21 Sad i miss those days when ppl used to ask "what grade are you in?" LOL!. i think alcohol has aged my appearance significantly in the past year. i am completely quitting.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Even when I was in middle/ high school, people would think I was older by a few years. Not just by looks but also by the way I acted(mature for my age?! Laughing ). And although I am still VERY young, people do seem to put on an estimated 2-3 years to my age. I guess I've been through a lot in my short little life, lol!

I do think that when I hit that age in 2-3 years that everyone thinks I am, I will trully ONLY THEN start looking my age. Just a guess though Wink .

(I seem to be talking about myself in the third person a lot here. Sorry guys Embarassed ).
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been told by quite a few people recently that they thought I was 18, or high school age! Granted I'm only 22, I'll take it! Of course all of these incidents where when I was wearing no makeup...and I really think that makes twenty somethings look younger..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm 24, but I often still get mistaken for being in high school. (The last time I got a facial, the esthetician said "what grade are you in?") I guess it could be worse--- I remember a few years ago I bought a cosmo that had Britney Spears on the cover, and her chest was covered in sun damage and liver spots. So, when faced with stuff like that, I'll take looking too young any day of the week!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm 29 and I still get carded all the time. I quit smoking a year ago but sometimes the clerk would even refuse selling me cigs because "you can't be that old!" I had a harder time buying them than alcohol. I wish I looked my age or even older. I think it would do wonders for me at work. I feel like nobody takes me seriously because they think I'm a kid. Most of my co workers are in their mid thirties so they're not that much older. But just by appearances I do look a lot younger than everyone else.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but I've worked registers before and if you're in doubt or the person might be younger than 29 you must card. It's a liability thing. Businesses can get in mucho trouble for selling alcohol to minors. The company I work for actually sends out their employees to do alcohol and tobacco checks at their stores. I'm 24 and I get carded, and it actually pisses me off! it's a bother, and I know they probably think I'm of age anyway. They're just going through the motions. I once carded a gray-haired dude because my boss was standing right behind me!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am in my mid-thirties. Recently someone thought I was 28, the youngest was 24yrs. old. (must be all the sunscreen, lol!!) Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am 24 and I would say I look my age but when I am next to other local girls who are my age I look a lot younger than them and could pass as late teens.
My SO bless him is near 30 and looks like he is in his late teens Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would contantly get hit on by these two 18 yrs old boys at my gym. I fianlly had to say hay I am 29 way to old for you and I am married with a kid! They couldn't believe it they thought I was in high school.

To make matters worse I went to my nephews 14th birthday party and his friend asked me what grade I was in. Ha!!! Laughing

I could go on with stories.....I thank my mother for always making me wear moisturizer!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'd never ask anyone to tell my age they'd always say younger!

That said I know I look younger than 51. I get asked out by graduate students (early 30s) frequently. I'm just OK looking but have a very nice figure.

I know people who look much older than their age and much younger (one of our secretaries who smokes is 10 years younger than me but looks much older). I also know a male colleague who is 65 and looks 50. Salt and pepper hair in great shape and has few wrinkles (he runs mini-marathons).

I know it is a combo of genes and lifestyle.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. I've got a goofy smile so I think that also fools people.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I too look about, oh I'd say at least 5-10 years younger than I am and I'm so grateful for that. I once went into a photo place to have a passport photo taken and they asked me if it was for my student card. (God love'em LOL) I was years past University age let alone highscool. I thank my mom for her genes. She's over 60 but still looks like she's in her early 50s. I also have taken care of my skin from a young age which helps and I always told my friends that good sunglasses are extremely important and lo and behold I am now the only one of us without eye wrinkles.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
wow im jealous roadtonowhere! im in my mid 20's and the youngest i can pass is like 21 Sad i miss those days when ppl used to ask "what grade are you in?" LOL!. i think alcohol has aged my appearance significantly in the past year. i am completely quitting.

i think parts of it also because of the way i dress. unlike other mid twenties girls, i wear t-shirt and jeans everywhere. i dont wear heels. either sneakers or flats. in addition, i also dont use any makeup at all. so yeah... i look like a little girl who is boyish and dont wear makeup.
hehehehehe
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think I look older, but I was told I look 28 recently. And I'm almost 34! Yippee! I've lost a few pounds, and that can't hurt.
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Nope! Like many of you others, people think I'm much younger than I am. Doesn't help that I'm still getting acne. Embarassed

I'm only 28, but I can't even by a lottery ticket without getting carded (and having the clerk REALLY check out my license). The funny thing is that my wonderful boyfriend is just a bit older (33) and people are always asking my friends if he's my dad. It's a bit humorous.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm at both ends of the spectrum... I've had people guess my age spot on, but I'm also still carded vigorously at bars and when trying to buy alcohol. I often get a clerk apologizing for asking for my license when they see my date of birth!

But the one constant is that no one has ever guessed my age as older than it is. Phew! Laughing

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |