Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
For those using Skinceuticals AOX--do you apply it everyday?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I was wondering if everyone using skinceuticals aox serums apply it everyday or every 72 hours as the directions say the serum can't be washed off or rubbed off for 72 hours? i am currently using skinceuticals c + e ferulic acid serum and was thinking about switching to aox since skinceuticals doesn't state that c + e ferulic acid lasts 72 hours and wanted to save some money Razz . i wonder why aox would last 72 hours and c e ferulic doesn't? unless it does and the skinceuticals website neglected to state that fact. i also read the difference between aox and c e ferulic is that aox doesn't contain vitamin e.

also, anyone used both before? how do they compare?

thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I've used both the C + E Feurlic, and the AOX 20. I actually purchased the AOX by mistake, because I'd previously been very happy with the C + E Ferulic.

Application wise, I've always applied daily, once in the morning. I know some people apply every other day, but I'm not sure if both of the serums last for 72 hours.

After using the AOX 20, I'd actually say that I prefer it to the C + E Ferulic. I find it a lot easier to wear, they both leave a slightly tacky, stickly feeling on my skin, but the AOX a lot less so, and it's a slightly thinner consistancy. I've seen a difference in my skin whilst using the AOX which I didn't get with using the C + E. It looks brighter and healthier. As I have oily skin the AOX suits me better, but there is only a slight difference between the two. The AOX smells like urine to me! I'ts not noticeable to me anymore though Smile
You should try and get on of the sample vials to try before you splash out on a full size
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sel,

You apply the aox everyday then? I think if i made the switch from c e ferlic to aox, i would be applying the aox every other day instead of every 72 hours. That would still save me a bundle though, which would be nice since the serums do cost some Sad i think i might call skinceuticals to find out if c e ferlic lasts 72 hours upon application too.

aox smells like urine? Laughing the c e ferulic smells like hotdogs so i am used to it so i think aox would be okay. definitely gonna try to get some sample vials before making the full size purchase. do you think the aox 15% or 20% is better? i can have sensitive skin but in the past few years, it's been normalizing.

thanks for your input, i really appreciate it Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I use ceferulic, every day. oliness/stickiness is not so gross anymore (but my skin is not oily, rather normal/dry).
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
might be a very silly question, but if this lasts 72 hours(cant rub wash ect off), does it then stop other stuff from penetrating and working? It would seem to me it would have to create a barrier to stay put.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Any Vitamin C containing serum should be applied every day to get the maximum benefits. Yes the Vitamin C remains in your skin for 72 hours but the amount does not remain constant and diminishes as the time from application increases. You need to apply any C serum for 3 consecuative days to achieve the maximum concentration of Vitamin C in your skin and then you must continue applying everyday. Also keep in mind that these serums do not remain stable forever. If you are applying everyday, a 30ml bottle should last about 4 months or so which is good because too much longer than that and your serum will be starting to go bad. Here is a quote from the IS Clinical website that addresses some of these issues.
"The effective Vitamin C product must also be used in a particular way to maximize desired results. The half-life of Vitamin C inside the skin cell is 4 days. Considering this fact as well as absorption characteristics, the product must be applied continuously for 3 days before an effective level is reached inside the cell. After 4 days, if application is stopped, the amount of Vitamin C present inside the cell falls off very rapidly, again saying that daily application is recommended. (Dermatol Surg, 2001 Feb, 27(2):137-142)"

The entire article that I got this from is interesting reading. Here is a link for those who are interested:
http://www.isclinical.com/whitepapers/vitamincwhitepaper.htm.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL--great article. i always wondered about the 72 hour application. i recently started on skinceuticals aox eye serum and have been applying that every 3 days, but now that i have read your article, i will be applying it everyday instead. i guess there's no difference for me then between aox serum for the face and the c e ferulic serum since i am gonna be applying everyday.

i think i will be getting aox samples just for the heck of it Very Happy it's always fun to mix it up a bit.

thanks for all the input!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted - How are you finding the AOX eye serum? I was debating whether to try this aswell. Have so many vials of Skinceuticals stuff keep mixing them all up!

I was a bit worried I'd find the AOX 20 too strong after reading some reviews on MUA, but I suppose my skin must have been used to Vit C after using the C+E Ferulic for ages. I have sensitive skin aswell, and I found the AOX 20 fine, no stinging or anything. You can always work your way up to the 20 to be on the safe side.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sel--i like the eye serum AOX a lot actually. i can apply it close to my eyes without worrying. the only thing that bugs me is that the eye aox can't be applied to your top lip, just the bottom and the sides of the eyes. i don't know if i could finish a whole bottle of it though, i got a few sample vials and it seems to be taking me forever to go though one vial as i need only one drop for both eyes.

I think i will try the AOX 20 then, initially i wanted to try the 15, but if you're fine on it, i think i will be too. thanks Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
ebay has cheap sample sizes that you might want to try. gl!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
i can't find the difference between the older one 10% serum and the new aox 10% serum
it's a trick
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:
i can't find the difference between the older one 10% serum and the new aox 10% serum
it's a trick

There is a difference-the AOX has ferulic acid, a powerful antioxidant. It's a much better serum. It also dosen't have E (as in C & E & ferulic) for those who break out with vitamin E.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I recently came across this information on ferulic acid and was wondering if anyone using a product containing ferulic acid had any long term positive results. Also any thoughts on this:

"A look inside the world of medically supervised skin care.
Ferulic Acid

Ferulic acid is a botanical antioxidant which helps ameliorate the reliability and degree of protection sunscreens offer in preventing premature aging and cancerous changes.

Ferulic acid is a prime botanical antioxidant indicated for individuals of all skin types and conditions over the age of 25.

Ultraviolet radiation (UVR) present in daylight is responsible for the majority of damage to the skin (about 90%) that results in premature (unnecessary and preventable) aging and skin cancer.

The use of botanical antioxidants in dermatology is growing in popularity because they protect the skin in ways sunscreens and UV-protective clothing cannot.

It is now recognized that even the best sunscreens are only able to prevent around 50% of premature skin aging (fine and deep lines, losses in firmness, contour and the development of hyperpigmentation, among other symptoms and conditions), even if used generously and reapplied throughout the day.

Antioxidants such as ferulic acid protect the entire skin structure, in particular the dermis, where capillaries, collagen and elastin are located, well beyond the reach of superficial sunscreens.

Ferulic acid at a concentration of 0.5% and pH 3.2, as used in Skinceuticals AOX+ Serums, is a botanical agent with a proven ability to prevent permanent skin damage by routine daily exposure to daylight.

Ferulic acid is a hydroxycinnamic acid largely present in plants and also in vegetable foods, such as olives, olive oil, blueberries and blackberries.

Lyophilized extract of the plant Capparis spinosa obtained by methanolic extraction from its flowering buds contains abundant amounts of ferulic acid.

Ferulic acid has been shown to protect phospholipidic biomembranes from UV light-induced peroxidation and to afford significant protection to the skin against UVB-induced erythema in human volunteers.

Topical application of whole Capparis spinosa extract has been shown to reduce UVB-induced skin erythema in healthy humans.

Skincare products containing ferulic acid are used daily, each morning before Sunscreen.

Topical Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid, 10% and higher, pH 3.2) also protects against UV Damage. "

Wed May 08, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |