Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 3413
Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Salster-How long have you had it and how often do you use it? For the first few months I used mine every 3 days and then cut back recently to once a week or sometimes every 10 days and it seems to maintain. You could use it more often if it doesn't break out your skin or cause it to dry out. Also, do you use it on perfectly cleaned skin and is the head of it clean as well?
I wonder how many people have had more minimal results and what the reasons might be or factors involved.
I have sent several emails to James before and always had great response so I wonder also if he might be out.
(I do apologize for helping wander off topic earlier, so sorry and I do know better, just wasn't paying attention. You weren't being crabby at all, just practical.Embarassed )

_________________
Joined the 50 club several years back, blonde w/ fair/sensitive skin, Texas humidity and prone to rosacea, light breakouts and sunburns, combo skin type, starting to see sundamage and fine lines
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi

Ive had my Baby Q a while now but i just dont seem to be getting the results everyone else is. I have emailed James a couple of times (copies of the email below which i keep sending but i am not getting any response back) can anyone help please.


When I first got BQ in January (or February) I spoke with James or exchanged e-mails with him at least once a week. And he was extremely helpful and supportive.
Approximately 1.5 months ago he stopped responding to my e-mails. I called the company and ended up talking to Alex, as James was supposedly away on a family emergency. This was good 4 weeks ago. And I still have not heard from James. I am concerned that he might have left the company Sad .

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Advanced Therapeutics
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 92
Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

First and foremost I would like to apologize to anyone we have not gotten back to promptly! AdvanThera considers customer service number our number one priority.

Sadly, James has been out of the office for the past month due to a terrible run of family events. When or if James will be returning is still unknown.

In the meantime please continue to keep in touch! You can contact me via email or phone anytime.

Alex Webster
E: Alex@AdvanThera.com
T: (800)944-1523
On The Web: www.AdvanThera.com

rubby wrote:
salster68 wrote:
Hi

Ive had my Baby Q a while now but i just dont seem to be getting the results everyone else is. I have emailed James a couple of times (copies of the email below which i keep sending but i am not getting any response back) can anyone help please.


When I first got BQ in January (or February) I spoke with James or exchanged e-mails with him at least once a week. And he was extremely helpful and supportive.
Approximately 1.5 months ago he stopped responding to my e-mails. I called the company and ended up talking to Alex, as James was supposedly away on a family emergency. This was good 4 weeks ago. And I still have not heard from James. I am concerned that he might have left the company Sad .
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Wed May 02, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
How long does it take to get this item? I ordered mine off of ebay 10 days ago and still have not received it!!! I guess patience is not one of my virtues.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
Wed May 02, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
charis,

I think it depends on where you're located (quickest to U.S.). Also there may be more delay since James is on family medical leave.

_________________
42yo, natural strawberry blonde so fair skin, blue-eyed, and dry skin
Racecargirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 175
Wed May 02, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I ordered mine from the company week before last and it took a couple of weeks to arrive as they were on backorder. Maybe that's the issue with your shipment?

_________________
Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Wed May 02, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Alex pm'd me saying they were on backorder last week. It sounds like there must be a continual backorder issue if they were backordered a couple weeks ago also. He was going to check on my order - I haven't heard back yet - but hopefully it's on its way! Racecargirl, how do you like yours so far?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Wed May 02, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just heard back from Alex and mine was shipped before the backorder it just hasnt' gotten here yet. He is crediting the shipping cost back to my account due to the delay.
Racecargirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 175
Wed May 02, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Alex pm'd me saying they were on backorder last week. It sounds like there must be a continual backorder issue if they were backordered a couple weeks ago also. He was going to check on my order - I haven't heard back yet - but hopefully it's on its way! Racecargirl, how do you like yours so far?


So far so good. It's too early to see results. Right now, I'm just getting used to the process. I bet you can't wait until your's arrives. Smile

_________________
Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 586
Thu May 03, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
It is 4 AM and I made it to the last Page! I finally went back and read this entire thread! Now I have to convince my husband to get this for me as a birthday present. Somehow he just does not feel is is an appropriate present and he is concerned about long term damage that he might be subjecting me to. But I will have to make my "presentation" with all the evidence for my case I guess.

Has anyone seen: smaller appearance of pores, refinement to texture (orange peely stuff), firming/lifting of lower face?

I see that some say they see plumping. Does anyone feel they have less definition because of this?

Are any of you losing steam and not able to keep this up or has it just become part of the ritual and not an issue. Have your improvements reached a plateau or do they still seem as impressive? Also let me know if you have Baby or SP.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 3413
Thu May 03, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Baby Q and tried the Q. I love the baby, but it does not address pore size or texture for me, but those really aren't my big issues. Mine are fine lines and firming, which it really doesn't help with much. It does help me to plump up, which doesn't change definition, and evens the skin tone. It makes the biggest difference around the eye area, I think.
I'm not using it as often, but I just don't have the time right now to use it as much as I used to. I am barely getting to skim thru the forums at best and my time is about to get shorter so I may have to go a couple weeks in between. When I get some down time again, I will go back to using it more often. I do think that it's a great part of the regular routine.

_________________
Joined the 50 club several years back, blonde w/ fair/sensitive skin, Texas humidity and prone to rosacea, light breakouts and sunburns, combo skin type, starting to see sundamage and fine lines
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 586
Thu May 03, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have the Baby Q and tried the Q. I love the baby, but it does not address pore size or texture for me, but those really aren't my big issues. Mine are fine lines and firming, which it really doesn't help with much. It does help me to plump up, which doesn't change definition, and evens the skin tone. It makes the biggest difference around the eye area, I think.



Hi AnnieR:

So you are not really getting improvement with your main problems which are fine lines and firming. But you do see improvement with plumping and tone and probably color, right? Hm - not sure it would be worth it if I did not get my main issues improved. Skin color, texture, and some firming and lifting are mine. No wrinkles yet. Would love the subtle brow lift others get. Did you? Plumping of course would be great. I know it is different for all of us but wonder if it really is not giving the 50+yr old face that much improvement to warrent the price and time commitment. I am working hard enough to exercise every day as I have gotten very very lazy and out of shape. Even though the DPL is large and would take up space I don't have (would need to take it apart and stor after each use) it is less of a time commitment and less money. Then again you can't do anything else while you are using it. Maybe I will stick to the FaceMate then. It is cheap and at least it will push the actives in deeper and that might effect the color, texture and firmness. Sill I will always wonder what the Quasar would do for me so at some point I should try. I wonder if there are any over 50's here who are seeing improvements with the things I mentioned.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 368
Thu May 03, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mommydearest - For the last 2 years I have been using a red LED infrared light with a 660
nano output. Granted it's not exactly the same as the Baby Q but similar. It does great
for my skin tone and temporarily plumps up the
skin. It helped with hyperpigmentation but
has done nothing for eye wrinkles or sagging. I am in my early 50's. I'm going to try the
facemate but am also looking for a good home use microcurrent machine for the sagging. If you find one, please let me know. Thx DiPhx

_________________
getting younger
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 586
Thu May 03, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi mommydearest - For the last 2 years I have been using a red LED infrared light with a 660
nano output. Granted it's not exactly the same as the Baby Q but similar. It does great
for my skin tone and temporarily plumps up the
skin. It helped with hyperpigmentation but
has done nothing for eye wrinkles or sagging. I am in my early 50's. I'm going to try the
facemate but am also looking for a good home use microcurrent machine for the sagging. If you find one, please let me know. Thx DiPhx


Hi DiPhx - If your skin tone is better do you feel the texture is also better? What is skin tone anyway? Does it refer to the color or the elasticity? Do you feel firmer? Less squish? Wonder if the early raves were from 40's women mostly?

The sag is the hard one and really I think only surgery will give a truly satistying clean fix but I think it is not tackling the reason for the sag. I don't think our faces actually slip down all that much in the deeper layers. At least on me what I see is loss of volume due to muslce laxity, fat loss, thinning of skin, some bone loss and the outer skin envelope is just not as pushed and lifted from beneath as much. Also I gained fat in my jowl area (most people do and I have been told it is not slipped fat but new fat that grows there). That fat pulls down this thinner envelope of skin and gives me some pouching and rounding of the jaw line and lower face hear my mouth. This is why the woman behind the Flex Effect workout says we can replace the lost volume by plumping up the muscles and thus lift and firm. It is not as much as with a lift but I often feel those look unnatural.

It takes great surgeon to give a very subtle lift and still leave some softness and roundness which is a sign of youth. That flat taut look is not youth. I think a lot of women here feel the same way and they are looking for alternatives. So facial exercises and muscle stim would certainly help. I found it was minimal for the jowls though. Better for mid and upper face. If I hear of a good one I will let you know.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 368
Thu May 03, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mommydearest - Okay by skin tone I meant
color - sort of a smooth even pinkish tone all over. It really didn't do much for elasticity.
I know what you mean by thinning skin - that's why it temporarily plumps the skin.

The other thing I do is DIY creams etc. They've made a huge difference in slowing down
the wrinkling but not necessarily getting rid of the wrinkles already there.

Have heard from many that Perricone recommends DMAE and microcurrent. I use a 4% DMAE serum
which has been great to smooth and "lift" a
little so thought the microcurrent would also
help. The flex effet may work but until my
job pace slows down, don't have time for that.
Thx for the feedback and if you hear of a good
effective home use microcurrent, let me know what brand! DiPhx

_________________
getting younger
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 586
Thu May 03, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi mommydearest - Okay by skin tone I meant
color - sort of a smooth even pinkish tone all over. It really didn't do much for elasticity.
I know what you mean by thinning skin - that's why it temporarily plumps the skin.

The other thing I do is DIY creams etc. They've made a huge difference in slowing down
the wrinkling but not necessarily getting rid of the wrinkles already there.

Have heard from many that Perricone recommends DMAE and microcurrent. I use a 4% DMAE serum
which has been great to smooth and "lift" a
little so thought the microcurrent would also
help. The flex effet may work but until my
job pace slows down, don't have time for that.
Thx for the feedback and if you hear of a good
effective home use microcurrent, let me know what brand! DiPhx


well I was thinking that I could use a pinkish tone all over just today. With the peels I do I am looking kind of pale lately. I heard that Perricone was working on a microcurrent mitt years ago. They kept telling me at his company that is was coming out soon. Is that the one you mean? Some people are saying there is something about DMAE now that is not so great. Which one do you use? Do you think the LEDs help that along to work even better?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 3413
Fri May 04, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Mommydearest- I do get much better results when I am using it 2-3 times a week. Since I am in the midst of a few crisis squashing weeks, I am down to every week to 10 days. Plus mine is having some shut-off issues and switch problems. I have an exchange on the way and my Baby Q will be back in commission and I will be back to using it more often. I will say it does firm somewhat, basically the plumping, and gives my skin an instant lift, although not a permanent one. The main benefit is the even skintone and color and it benefits the rosacea. I didn't really expect that it would help the fine lines, but my products are helping with those and they are not much of an issue as before.

_________________
Joined the 50 club several years back, blonde w/ fair/sensitive skin, Texas humidity and prone to rosacea, light breakouts and sunburns, combo skin type, starting to see sundamage and fine lines
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 586
Fri May 04, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Mommydearest- I do get much better results when I am using it 2-3 times a week. Since I am in the midst of a few crisis squashing weeks, I am down to every week to 10 days. Plus mine is having some shut-off issues and switch problems. I have an exchange on the way and my Baby Q will be back in commission and I will be back to using it more often. I will say it does firm somewhat, basically the plumping, and gives my skin an instant lift, although not a permanent one. The main benefit is the even skintone and color and it benefits the rosacea. I didn't really expect that it would help the fine lines, but my products are helping with those and they are not much of an issue as before.


It is a hard call with all of these things. Most of us can't get them all. So choosing just one is hard. Thanks. I suppose the only way besides getting one of each is buy to do the trial run and return. Problem is you might want to compare. Thanks.
lillilulu
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Fri May 04, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mommydearest, I have the Quasar SP. Today is my 54th birthday. I will give you my honest opinion on what this has done for me. I don't have any deep wrinkles (thanks to a very oily skin) just very fine lines round my eye area and lips, and corners of my mouth. I have very open pores and a little crepiness under my eyes. I also have rosacea, so my skintone is quite pink. I have been using the Quasar for 4 months now, at least once a week, sometimes twice. My skin afterwards feels lovely and soft, and looks very even toned. It does plump up nicely, and gives the same effects for me as a good salon facial. I honestly have seen no difference other than this, until recently when I started using it on my neck, which I felt was starting to look a bit saggy, and the difference there has been amazing! It's really firmed and tightened the skin there. I can only put it down to the fact that my facial skin is quite thick, so the treatment is less effective, but the thinner skin on my neck has responded immediately. It's definitely been a good buy for me, and I will continue to use it regularly and hope this will continue to give me benefits!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 586
Fri May 04, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Mommydearest, I have the Quasar SP. Today is my 54th birthday. I will give you my honest opinion on what this has done for me. I don't have any deep wrinkles (thanks to a very oily skin) just very fine lines round my eye area and lips, and corners of my mouth. I have very open pores and a little crepiness under my eyes. I also have rosacea, so my skintone is quite pink. I have been using the Quasar for 4 months now, at least once a week, sometimes twice. My skin afterwards feels lovely and soft, and looks very even toned. It does plump up nicely, and gives the same effects for me as a good salon facial. I honestly have seen no difference other than this, until recently when I started using it on my neck, which I felt was starting to look a bit saggy, and the difference there has been amazing! It's really firmed and tightened the skin there. I can only put it down to the fact that my facial skin is quite thick, so the treatment is less effective, but the thinner skin on my neck has responded immediately. It's definitely been a good buy for me, and I will continue to use it regularly and hope this will continue to give me benefits!


Thanks lilli:
What about the open pores? I don't have any wrinkles and also very thick skin as my mother was Asian and that is something I inherited. I do have some mottled look from sun damage and some orange peely type skin starting which I hate. I also tend to get congested pores on Tzone. My neck still looks like a teenager's but right under jaw is getting a little softer. I think the Face Mate might be better for my actual skin surface because from what I hear it really helps with deep cleaning and refining pores. I might have to rely on potions for the brightening and sun damage.

More than anything, I may need the deeper lift from the NuFace because I have started to look pouchier and lost definition to my shape. That is really a thing that happens to many women in their late 40's. As Pat Wexler says some of us are sinkers and some saggers. I am the sagger type becuase I had so much volume to my face ans still do compared to most my age. But my skin and muscles just can't keep it up as well I guess. Also my outer brows could use some minor lifting as well as my mouth corners, jowls, mini double chin and apple of cheeks. Definitley things that they say surgery is for but I am really not ready for that yet and also not so bad off yet. I need muscle tone.

I just had long conversation with woman from NuFace and it sounds great for faces like mine. Thick skinned, oilier with no wrinkles and some deeper sagging, pouching and flattening. Eventually I could get the FaceMate. That is not so expensive. I do think the time thing is an issue. If it takes too much time I won't do it.

I think I could use all three of these like Scalawaggirl is doing for sure, but just wondering what would make the biggest difference to my face right now to start off with. Surface or deeper? I could use more even coloring in a big way. Also this is all in theory - and not sure which apparatus would deliver on me. She said the NuFace does also help actives go in deeper and also givea an alive vital look and the because of the lifting and plumping. She also said it can be used for muscle toning on the body but I would think that is a long shot. I know it will be subtle but since I can't have the face lift now due to money and mind set readiness, it might be just the solution. Also it is just 5 minutes a day. I can deal with that. She said the mouth and brow lifts is one of the first things she has seen on herself and her own clients. Even if I have a slight improvement there, I would be very happy.

Maybe some experienced NuFace people will pipe in and compare to their Quasar experience.
lillilulu
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Sat May 05, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mommydearest, for me there's no difference in pore size or any lifting to my face, as I said before I like how my skin looks after a treatment, but no major improvements there at all, but my neck has definitely benefited. I don't have the other devices you mentioned, only a dermawand, which again, helps me more with the look of my skin rather than any lifting or pore reduction etc. Good luck in whichever product you choose, sometimes you just have to try things for yourself, as everyone seems to have different experiences with them, and everyone has different expectations.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 368
Sat May 05, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Just bought a Facemate - am very
excited to try it for a couple weeks to see
what it does to the skin. Looks like it deep cleanses, helps cream penetrate deeper,
and has a microcurrent function. I will purchase
some conductive gel and we'll take it from there. We'll see if the microcurrent is strong
enough to help with the sagging. Thank you all
for your comments!!

_________________
getting younger
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Sun May 06, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes, DiPhx! Please keep us Inquiring Minds posted on your progress with FaceMate! Fawnie

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 368
Sun May 06, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Yes Fawnie - once I receive and use it - will
let you allknow well it works (would still
rather have the UP5 but we can't get ithere
in the US! Thx DiPhx

_________________
getting younger
lavern12
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 5
Sun May 06, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have used NuFace for a couple of weeks now and love it. It has helped with wrinkles and lifting sagging skin. It is a temperately fix now but is suppose to retrain the muscles. I also got the FaceMate and had to return it for a replacement because something was wrong with it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Age Erase Moisture with Mega 10 Plus for Eyes (15 ml / 0.5 floz)