Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any non whitening or non greasy sunscreens?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lotionade

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to find a sunscreen which doesn't leave a shine or a white color. Every suncreen I put on does one of these things including the pricy brand sundurance. Are there there any sunscreens which are acceptable cosmetically? That also have parsol 1789 or some other uva block? Thanks in advance
florayen
5% products discount

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Vichy Ultra Fuide SPF 50 leaves no white cast and non-greasy. It offers great sun protection also.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Shisedo is silky and doesn't make my skin break out. It blends well and no clown face!!!
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Loreal makes one that's called UV Perfect. It's recommended by my derm. It's SPF50, with PA+++. It's not greasy, but does leave a sheen on. I use a little bit of loose powder and my face stays matte for the whole day.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay Anthelios Fluid Extreme formula for the face does a pretty good job. I was first using the Anthelios Lait for Face and Body and I was looking a little too shiny for my taste. Things have improved with the Fluid Extreme for my face.

Also, I really like the feel and matte look of Jan Marini's Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant. I switched to LRP after reading so many good reviews here and elsewhere about the level of protection you get with LRP but I did like the feel of Jan Marini's cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:31 am      Reply with quote
SOFINA!

It is amazing!! I have tried sooo many sunscreens, but this is the only one that fully sinks in and does not give any hint of a shine! It feels like you are wearing nothing at all.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Clinique Super City Block SPF25 is quite good, I also think they now have an SPF40 version of this available in some countries.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I second Sofina! it's amazing. comes in tinted and clear formulas. i prefer the tinted, makes me look like i have flawless skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I second Sofina! it's amazing. comes in tinted and clear formulas. i prefer the tinted, makes me look like i have flawless skin.

I have only tried the tinted version and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how amazing it is!!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder just came out with an SPF 30 that is for normal to combo skin that is a moisturizer and s/s combo. I tested it on my hand and left no white cast or greasiness. It costs about $38.00--not bad for a 2 in 1 combo. For me I need something with additional moisturizing abilites, it was abit too drying for me.

HTH
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
LRP Dermo-Peds spf 40 SPRAY
Cellular Skin Rx Sunaway spf 30 lotion
Both leave a nice finish that is not white or shiny.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I used neutrogena dry touch before and thought that was my HG. Alas, it is not so. There is SOFINA PERFECT UV! I have recently started using it and am pathetically disclosing the fact that I actually LOOK FORWARD to put it on during the day! and I'm talking about a sunscreen! It is like putting silk on your skin. No exaggeration! So grRRRRRRRREAT! Better than Neutrogena!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I'm curious, what are the ingredients in SOFINA, and at what site are you guys buying it from?

Thanks!
Caspers Mum

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
A few suggestions to consider: Colorescience Face Sunforgettable Brush SPF 30 - All Clear, DDF Matte Finish Photo-Age Protection SPF 30, Peter Thomas Roth Ultra-Lite Oil Free Sunblock SPF30, Juice Beauty Sheer Moisturizer SPF 30, or True Cosmetics Essential SPF 30 Gel.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Girlzmommie wrote:
OK, I'm curious, what are the ingredients in SOFINA, and at what site are you guys buying it from?

Thanks!

I get mine from ebay.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ultraceuticals antioxident spf30 moisturiser.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Girlzmommie wrote:

Thanks!

Not quite sure of ingredients since I can't read Japanese Sad but it has an SPF of 50 and PA+++. That's good enough for me Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
OK, found the ingredients from an old post. I'm taking the bait, and ordered it off of E-Bay this morning.
If it's even half as good as everyone says it is, I will be thrilled!
little piggy

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes i thought the Paul&Joe is good,but now i'm start to think about the sofina.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I have had good luck with neutrogena sunscreens...
sweetp
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
what type of skin is the sofina good for? I have normal skin that can get oily and clogs easily with the wrong products. I am also wondering if the only place you can get it is on ebay? I am in Canada so if there is a place here that sells it that would be great.

Thanks!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
sweetp wrote:
what type of skin is the sofina good for? I have normal skin that can get oily and clogs easily with the wrong products. I am also wondering if the only place you can get it is on ebay? I am in Canada so if there is a place here that sells it that would be great.

Thanks!

Your skin sounds like mine. Sofina is perfect for me! It can be a bit drying though, so I wear a hydrating serum as well as a vit c serum under it. There is no shine at all... No breakouts... I am serioulsy in love with this sunscreen! Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone able to post the ingrediants of the sofina? Very Happy
root1979
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:

All I know is that the Green (Rise) is for normal/combo, and the Pink (Vital Rich) is for dry skin. It's a suncreen/moisturizer in one.

I've been wanting to try Sofina, but cannot find the ingredients... I finally found the ingredients but dont know percentages:

ZINC OXIDE
ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE
DIMETHICONE
WATER
CYCLOMETHICONE
ALCOHOL
LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER
TALC
PERFLUOROHEXYLETHYL DIMETHYLBUTYL ETHER
GLYCERIN
PEG-12 DIMETHICONE
TITANIUM DIOXIDE
EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS LEAF EXTRACT
THUJOPSIS DOLABRATA EXTRACT
CETY-PG HYDROXYETHYL PALMITAMIDE
BIS-METHOXYPROPYLAMIDO ISODOCOSANE
BUTYLENE GLYCOL
CERAMIDE 2
HYDROXYETHYL ISOSTEARYLOXY ISOPROPANOLAMINE
HYDROXYUNDECANOIC ACID
POLYSILICONE-9
METHICONE
ALUMINA
SILICA
BHT

Any one tried Sofina yet? Do you think it is photostable?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |