Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Get eyes whiter
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how to whiten eyes or how to prevent them from darkening? I wear sunglass all the time so I think that helps, but is there any other remedies? Sometimes I use an off white eyeliner under my eye about 1/3 of the way and that seems to help too. Thanks!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
There used to be these blue eye drops by Mavala that were meant to really whiten your eyes, but I think they may have been taken off sale in some countries???
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think those eye drops work tempory as they restric blood flow to the eye (not such a good solution long term!)
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
a very old makeup trick was to take a super light blue shadow and put it near outside corners, amazingly u really dont see it there and it does seem to perk up the white.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Get more sleep.

Wink

Sorry couldn't resist...I haven't slept well in a few days and sleeping in is all I can think about...unfortunately that won't happen until Saturday.

Laughing

In all honesty, I've never heard of any product that whitens your eyes (the drops mentioned were the first I've heard of 'em)...and I can't imagine if there were such a product it would be good for your peepers. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie, very cool, Im going to have to try that.

Daniel, I have heard about those eye drops too and they are really bad for your eyes. You should try Visene,(unfortunately I have lost the ability to spell that).Embarassed
But I think that really yellow eyes are the indication of illness, if they are bad Id maybe see a doctor.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Do you wear contact lenses? Some soft lenses don't let enough oxygen to your eyes, making them to look dull. If you do wear them, it's a good idea to take a full day off to let your eyes rest. i once had swollen corneas from lack of oxygen to my eyeballs!
Tiara

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
OK now I can come out of lurking because there is finally a discussion I have something to contribute LOL

Do a search on ebay for blue eye drops. Right now I'm using "Innoxa Gouttes Bleues French Blue Eye Drops" but I really like "Collyre Bleu de Laiter" best, they are just hard to find here but seem to last longer between drops and are a little more effective.

I've used them for 15 years and take them with me everywhere. They have never bothered my eyes, in fact my DR had me get him some recently.

They really make your eyes whiter and "sparkly" you could take away my mascara but I'd fight for my drops Shock
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
There are actually a few French websites that warn about an ingredient in these drops...and also not to use them if you are at risk of glaucoma.

I'm intrigued though! Unfortunately glaucoma runs in my family so I won't be pursuing these drops Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
hmm to me the only thing that will prevent eyes from darkening is a good eye cream. But then I'm not sure if you meant your EYES or your eye area that you wanted to whiten. And I'm not sure whether you really meant "whiten" or you meant "brighten"....I'm so confused Sad
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Wearing dark navy mascara instead of brown or black helps. as long as you get it quite dark it looks like black rather than blue.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tiara wrote:
OK now I can come out of lurking because there is finally a discussion I have something to contribute LOL

Do a search on ebay for blue eye drops. Right now I'm using "Innoxa Gouttes Bleues French Blue Eye Drops" but I really like "Collyre Bleu de Laiter" best, they are just hard to find here but seem to last longer between drops and are a little more effective.

I've used them for 15 years and take them with me everywhere. They have never bothered my eyes, in fact my DR had me get him some recently.

They really make your eyes whiter and "sparkly" you could take away my mascara but I'd fight for my drops Shock

Hi Tiara! Where can I get this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Collyre Bleu de Laiter I've read are only sold in Quebec City...and even then they are hard to find (saw some requests on craigslist, ebay, etc.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well at least the preservative used for Innoxa - Gouttes Bleues - Blue Eye Drops is Benzalkonium chloride, the only organic compound used as a preservative ive seen so far in moisture eye drops.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzalkonium_chloride
Unlike big compaines like Optrex and Alcon's which uses components which are carcinogenic when concentrated in large amounts. Just use wikipedia.org and check out the preservatives! Smile

Personally after going through a Lasik surgery over a year ago, i was prescribed 2 months of eye drops and have since continued to do so. The most affordable and value for money one i have found off the shelves from the drugstores or pharmacies is Eye Mo 'Moist' eyedrops. I have noticed after prolonged use my eyes feel plump with moisture and do look 'cleaner'.

HTH! Very Happy

http://www.gsk.com.my/gsk_consumer_eye_mo.asp?cat=08
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Do you wear contact lenses? Some soft lenses don't let enough oxygen to your eyes, making them to look dull. If you do wear them, it's a good idea to take a full day off to let your eyes rest. i once had swollen corneas from lack of oxygen to my eyeballs!

This happened to me too! I switched eye doctors for awhile and when I went back she changed my gas perms to what she thought my previous doctor prescribed, but they were too tight. The entire semester I thought I had allergies but really it was my contacts suffocating my eyes Rolling Eyes. Now I have Acuvue Advance for astigmatism and it's a lot better, but I still notice my eyes get red more than before all that happened.

I really like Opcon drops, they're mostly for irritated eyes though.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use Visine-A (antihistamine) since I get itchy eyes once in a while and notice that it always makes the whites of my eyes whiter. I'm sure it helps reduce inflammation (redness). I don't know if it's safe to use every day though. I think the natural tears type drops are the only ones that are safe to do so.
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Tiara wrote:

So there is no way you can get a hold of these products (or at least the Collyre kind?), unless you live in Quebec? Does anyone know if the drops are ok to use with contacts?

I just pray for this to be a safe product that I actually can buy somewhere Smile I have heard horror stories about those drops that harm your eyes on a long term basis. And I hate my red eyes Sad

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Due to the nature of my work, I stare at my computer screen up to 12 hours a day. It doesn't help with the discovery and obsession of this website. I have red veins on the white part of my eyes and it's getting worse recently. I do not wear contact lens or glasses, therefore are not using any eye drops. Guess I'll be checking out some eye drops mentioned here.

My sis who used to work in health store recommended Bilberry and/or Lutein supplements. Not sure how well it'll will work but it's worth a shot. Will be getting it this weekend with the eye drops.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I also used the Collyre Bleu for many years. I live in Montreal and could easily get them at my local pharmacy. I wear contact lenses. I used the drops first then put in my lenses. I never had any problems. I stopped using the drops only because I felt I did't really need them anymore.

I honestly don't know if they are still sold here.
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
It seems like these drops also go under the name Blue Collyrium? In that case, here is a pic of the packaging. http://beauty.about.com/od/howtos/qt/redeyes.htm

If they are the same, here it is on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-COLLYRIUM-EYE-DROPS_W0QQitemZ140018097335QQcmdZViewItem
I'm sure other sellers have it too.

However, I am still concerned if there are risks... Found a few warnings when I googled the name, but I didn't understand if they warned about the actual product or if it had been mixed up with anouther similar product.

HTH Smile

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
isachris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
There r some brand has brightening eye cream.I know Guelain has such product but i am not sure whether it will be useful. I have sunglass all day 2
makeup master

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
There is a makeup store in Toronto that has these drops as well as a lot of other cool stuff. It is kinda hard to find (on 2nd floor) near Yonge & College. I think it is called Cosmetic Industry. I went with a friend who is a professional, so I'm not sure if anyone is allowed or only wholesale Shock
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading on an EDS thread somewhere recently about a user putting castor oil directly in her eyeballs to help whiten them. I had never heard of that before, and I can't really attest to the safety or effectiveness, but maybe someone else remembers? It was a thread that was active recently, I think, and I'm pretty sure this part was off-topic. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Sad

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Khadiga
5% products discount

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi makeupmaster,
just wanted u to consult a doctor before starting using these drops. I think something that is hard to be publicly found n that is sold in a 2nd floor shop is really risky to use. Just for ur safety.

thank u
Khadiga
5% products discount

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ginnielizz,
They say ur life is longer than mine when two manage to say the same thing at the same time but one says it first. I didn't c ur post.I don't know anything about this topic when one applies caster oil in her eyeball, either.

But I'm with u that one "can't really attest to the safety or effectiveness" . Shock
For myself When my eye zone creme touches my eyelashes at night i get up with my eyes red n my eyelids swollen.
May b somebody has another perspective.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |