Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Diamancel foot file
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I bought this product (#10) a few months ago and it is the best thing I have ever done for my poor dry and cracked heels.
5 swipes of the file, pop on some cream and then cotton socks and I'm set.
Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I agree! I was always a slouch about using a pumice stone but I love this thing. I keep it in the shower and don't even think about it. Now I have purdy feet even when I don't have time for a pedicure Very Happy
girlblue
5% products discount

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
spent more than i should've on this product but it's become one of those staples that will actually save me money b/c it'll last forever and i will never have to spend money on similar products that won't work nearly as well....
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Electroplated with diamonds....how fancy!

I've had my dollar store file for 2 years and it's still kicking.

Last month I bought one of those foot razors they use at nail salons....I was so excited to use it, I thought I'd "test it out" while I was getting ready to go out, slice my heel right open.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
i love my diamiancel foot file--i've had mine for 9 years!!!!
Money well spent!!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I really love it. I find it does a better job compared to a pedicure!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
Electroplated with diamonds....how fancy!

I've had my dollar store file for 2 years and it's still kicking.
I've had my $10 "imposter" Diamancel since last year and it's still alive and kicking too. Because I actually tested the Diamancel side-by-side with my bargain Luxor diamond pedicure wand, I'm glad I ended up sending the Diamancel back for a refund...which I promptly spent on a bunch of new lipcare products to try! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I got this out yesterday as my heels are looking vile. cracked etc - gross.
it's the end of winter and I never take care of them as I do in summer when they are on display in sandals.

Anyway, it is a miracle worker - my heels are looking presentable after one day.
I still need a few days before I'll be happy shwoing them off butI wouldn't be ashamed if I had to take my shoes off today.
Very Happy
dubi
5% products discount

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I need help.

I want to get myself a Diamancel Foot File.
As I live in the land of Oz, I need to order thru Amazon.

I am confused.

There seem to be a number of different products..some by diamancel some by bliss.
they are called tough buffers, #10 classic buffer, #11 tough buffer.
I'm confused. what is the difference...is there any ? Are the products by bliss manufactured by another manufacturer by use the name 'diamancel'.

I want to get the original Diamancel....which one ?

thanks Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
dubi wrote:
I need help.

I am confused.

There seem to be a number of different products..some by diamancel some by bliss.
I'm confused. what is the difference...is there any ? Are the products by bliss manufactured by another manufacturer by use the name 'diamancel'.

thanks Smile

I ordered the 11 from Amazon around Christmas. Its nice, but I see just as much benefit from the cheapos from Sallys. I pulled the buffer and the package out to see if it has Bliss stamped anywhere... I don't see anything about Bliss on the buffer or the package.
They have a website that may be helpful to youwww.diamancel.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
dubi wrote:
I need help.

I am confused.

thanks Smile

I was told and read in DermaDoctor that #11 is to be used on corns and #10 is an all rounder scrub. I have #10 but I went to the store to buy #11 but was sold out. So, instead, I purchased #10 and I am very happy with it and for a shorter period of time, I was able to get rid of my corns.

I have no idea what Sally Hanson is like but I am very happy with Diamancel.
dubi
5% products discount

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for info..

I think I will go ahead and order from Amazon those that are by diamancel and are sourced from Dermadoctor.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard about this diamond file for so long! Is it really good? Trouble is I don't think it's sold anywhere in Singapore so if I want to try I'll have to buy online and there will be shipping and all the hassle Sad How soon did you guys see the effects after using it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I bought a Diamancel a year ago and absolutely love it. You can see (and feel) the effects immediately.

I remember others posting on the forum that they've had success with much cheaper variations, but I only have experience with the Diamancel itself.
dubi
5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Put my order thru for the #10 tough buffer and the callous rasp. They are on their way !!

Ordered thru amazon....which is ordered thru dermadoctor. emailed them to ask about the #11 foot buffer, but they don't stock it even though it is on the diamancel website.

oh well, will give the #10 and #20 a go....and have to order some gehwol from EDS.

can't wait.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the review, been ummming and hmming about getting these but never could part with the cash (ok, admittedly i spent it elsewhere like buying 10 bottles of polishes instead..)
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Looked for the Luxor file Carrie mentioned but it looks like it's been discontinued Crying or Very sad so I just ordered a diamancel #10 on eBay

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
i think people on MUA have compared the "Microplane" file to the diamancel one and it's supposedly much cheaper too Wink
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
They are really not similar at all. The Diamancel file is like a pumice stone, but works much better IMHO and you don't need to rub as hard with the diamancel. It says to use it dry only, but I confess, I've also used it wet! Excellent and lasts forever unless you lose it! Laughing
The Microplane thing is like a tool you'd use in the kitchen for scraping lemon rind or something (I believe the company mainly makes kitchen things). It's got all these sharp little doodads that cut the callous.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:23 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:
Looked for the Luxor file Carrie mentioned but it looks like it's been discontinued Crying or Very sad
Actually, I found a place recently that still sold them online...I can't recall the website name, but I ordered 4 of them so if anyone wants one, PM me to work out the details.

ETA: from my understanding, a microplane is VASTLY DIFFERENT from the Diamancel files -- I've heard that the microplane is superior to a diamond foot file, but I can't confirm that myself....

Regarding the #10 and #11 Diamancels -- the great thing about the Luxor Diamond Pedi Wand is that it is DUAL-SIDED so it has the rougher side for use on corns and it has the finer side for use on callouses, but when you get a Diamancel you have to spend around $50USD each to get both tools!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
cathy_jean wrote:
Looked for the Luxor file Carrie mentioned but it looks like it's been discontinued Crying or Very sad
Actually, I found a place recently that still sold them online...I can't recall the website name, but I ordered 4 of them so if anyone wants one, PM me to work out the details.

ETA: from my understanding, a microplane is VASTLY DIFFERENT from the Diamancel files -- I've heard that the microplane is superior to a diamond foot file, but I can't confirm that myself....

Regarding the #10 and #11 Diamancels -- the great thing about the Luxor Diamond Pedi Wand is that it is DUAL-SIDED so it has the rougher side for use on corns and it has the finer side for use on callouses, but when you get a Diamancel you have to spend around $50USD each to get both tools!

I still have and am using the one Carrie sent me a couple of years ago. She is very good at sniffing out a bargain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
[quote="carekate"]
cathy_jean wrote:

Yes, the Microplane is indeed a completely different kind of tool. I use it only for really stubborn and thick dry skin, for which it works wonders. You must be careful not to use it too often or too enthusiastically, as you can plane away too much skin and make the area sore. It looks and works in much the same way as a grater.

The Diamancel is fab for smoothing away hard skin too, but not in quite such a drastic way as the Microplane. It's a file covered in diamond dust, and so more gentle.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
You must be careful not to use it too often or too enthusiastically, as you can plane away too much skin and make the area sore.
Actually, you can get carried away using a diamond foot file, too! Believe it or not, our feet NEED a bit of callous on the soles to keep from burning our feet walking on a hot sidewalk or rubbing the bottom of your feet raw when breaking in a new pair of shoes. It's wonderful to be able to file away the huge callouses on our heels that begin to look like horse's hooves, but don't take it all off or you'll be sorry -- trust me on this, because I learned the hard way! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Received my #10 in yesterday's mail and ooooooh my feet are soooooo soft!

Emma thanks so much for posting about this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
majorb wrote:
You must be careful not to use it too often or too enthusiastically, as you can plane away too much skin and make the area sore.
Actually, you can get carried away using a diamond foot file, too! Believe it or not, our feet NEED a bit of callous on the soles to keep from burning our feet walking on a hot sidewalk or rubbing the bottom of your feet raw when breaking in a new pair of shoes. It's wonderful to be able to file away the huge callouses on our heels that begin to look like horse's hooves, but don't take it all off or you'll be sorry -- trust me on this, because I learned the hard way! Embarassed

Yes, I remember being a little over-zealous with mine when I first got it. Painful! Shock
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |