Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti Aging Skin Cream Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dianea100

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Wow, just discovered your site. So much info!

Thought I'd share me own recent experiences of trying out different anti aging creams.

I don’t know how many products I must have tried before I found something that really did seem to make a noticeable difference. So many of these creams seem to promise the earth but just don’t deliver.

I read loads of reviews before I bought but found the only way I could compare a whole bunch of different creams was to get a group of friends involved and share our experiences (and the cost!).

Anyway, two creams came out tops.

The first was more of an ingredient rather than a cream – Kigelia. A lot of manufacturers seem to use it as a natural active ingredient in their creams but there’s one called‘kigelia rejuvenating face cream’ that really did seem to make a difference. Your skin definitely feels much plumper. After using it for a week, our group was raving about their new ‘find’! Can’t say it’ll get rid of all your wrinkles but this is one cream that seemed to stand head and shoulders above the others.

The downside is that you don’t seem to be able to buy it anywhere. I have to get it mail order from South Africa (where the kigelia comes from). Oh, and it doesn’t come in a fancy tub – they could improve on that.

Anyone else had good experiences with this?

The other one than scored really highly with us was La Prairie Anti Aging Day Cream. This also plumped up the skin beautifully. Easily absorbed and beautifully packaged. Very easy to find in the shops as well (as long as you’re near a city).

The biggest drawback was the price. The Kigelia costs a fraction of the price of La Prairie. You’d have to have deep pockets if you were going to be planning on using La Prairie for the long term.

Best wishes
Diane
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:28 am      Reply with quote
where do you get your kigelia rejuvenating face cream ??

How's the texture, will that cream make your face look oily and increase the chance of breakout??

thanks
dianea100

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I've only been able to find it online. It seems to be available in South African shops but that's no good to me!

If you type 'kigelia rejuventating face cream' into Google, you'll find a number of sites that sell it.

I don't think you could describe the texture as either heavy or light - sort of in between. It certainly doesn't make you face look oily, in fact it's quite a matt finish, if you know what I mean.

It does have an olive oil base though, so don't know how it would work if you had very oily skin to start with.

I noticed that Clarins are now using kigelia as an ingredient in some of their creams. Would be useful to find out more about it.

Thanks
Diane
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks dianea100, I found the website but i think i will try the clarins product first =)
dianea100

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 am      Reply with quote
No problem!

Would be really interested to hear if any one else has used kigelia and what your experiences are.

Diane
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Where do you buy it online and what effect did you see from using it?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sigma

I can't seem to post the exact site I used before but if you type in 'kigelia rejuventating face cream' you'll find a few places that sell it. The one I used had a lot of research and development stuff on it which is what got me interested in the first place. I ordered it from the UK.

I read a lot about clinical trials with kigelia and how it's being used in cosmetics beforehand. Mostly, it seems to be used for elasticity and skin firming. Quite a few companies also seem to be using it in their bust firming creams.

For me, I think the main difference I noticed was that it visibly seems to plump my skin up (if that makes sense, sorry don't really know how to describe it!).

My skin seems to fill out and I lose a lot of the lines on my face. Don't get me wrong, it's no miracle cure but I do see a bigger difference than virtually all the others that me and my group tried.

I'd love to compare notes with someone else whose tried it to see whether they've had the same results.

Thanks
Diane
dianea100

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I just reread my post and it looked like I was saying that it got rid of my lines!.

For the record, they're still there! They just seem to fill out and disappear when I've used the cream.

Hope I've explained it properly!

D
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 am      Reply with quote
How well does it work with oily skin? Does it end up clogging it up?
dianea100

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 am      Reply with quote
That's an interesting question. The cream has an olive oil base so you'd kinda expect that it would be preferable for normal to dry skin.

I'm quite lucky I guess, neither oily nor dry, so it's difficult to say what the result would be with an oily skin.

I can say that it is definitely not greasy in any way. I don't get any residue after applying. My skin just seems to absorb it.

Diane
spauno

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this informative post. This is really beneficial to all.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 am      Reply with quote
HI, Everybody, Regarding kigelia, you may may want to read the following paragraph. It may (or may not) affect your decision on whether or not to use products that contain it. Smile
Kigelia extract is especially rich in several active ingredients, which are known to have a firming effect. The isoflavones it contains are phytoestrogens, i.e. plant-based estrogens that can have similar effects to human estrogens. By using Breast Life, the skin of the breast and cleavage will develop a more toned and compact appearance and will look much better. This cream nourishes, moisturizes and softens, but above all, it helps to prevent loss of tone, sagging and the appearance of stretchmarks.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for Information

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
can anyone tell me what is the best age for starting the anti-aging products?
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Aryanna, the answer is "as soon as possible". Anyone will do well to get an early start getting used to using sunscreen every day.

Most women only start to feel a real motivation to use anti-aging stuff, including sunscreen, in their thirties.

But if you feel daily motivation to either wear some makeup or put toner or moisturizer on your face, opt for a product with a physical or chemical sunscreen.

The other thing that has anti-aging benefit that has other benefits that may motivate you before you actually have wrinkles is: exercise!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Aryanna, the answer is "as soon as possible". Anyone will do well to get an early start getting used to using sunscreen every day.

Most women only start to feel a real motivation to use anti-aging stuff, including sunscreen, in their thirties.

But if you feel daily motivation to either wear some makeup or put toner or moisturizer on your face, opt for a product with a physical or chemical sunscreen.

The other thing that has anti-aging benefit that has other benefits that may motivate you before you actually have wrinkles is: exercise!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote

Carolhardin
5% products discount

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Aging is a natural process. We can't stop it but we can reduce the signs of aging by proper care of skin. For this one should have proper nutritious diet plan and proper selection of skin care products. One should have to use the products which have most of the natural ingredients. These are good for the skin and considered to be effective for the skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |