Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Swiss O Par Brow and Lash Tint
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vacpl
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm new, although I've lurked for quite a while.

Anyway, while reading the threads on 1000 Hours and doing some research, I came across a link and some mention of the Swiss O Par brand. Unfortunately all EDS links are dead ends regarding harmful lash tint brands, so I'd love to hear thoughts on Swiss O Par.

Thanks so much!
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried that brand before but I have seen it sold here. Sweden has very strict laws about beauty products. For instance in many other EU countries certain products are sold there that are not allowed here. The EU sets the standards but countries are allowed to make them stricter should they want to. Sweden is one of those countries and in my opinion too much so sometimes. Wink The fact that Swiss O Par is sold here leads me to believe that it pretty mild and not harmful.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen this brand in Canada at the SDM. It is next to Ecrinal products (I use the fortifying lash gel). IIRC it is about $14.00 cdn. Not sure how many applications from a package.

I am curious to try the Swiss O Par. I have recently purchased Roux lash and brow tint from Sallys' in Canada. I KNOW that Roux does not really work well for lashes but I am hoping that the Roux will work on my very light blonde brows. I go to a salon for brow tint (and lashes) but would like to be able to do it myself.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I asked a few friends about this brand and two of them had used it and liked it. Here (and I believe in other countries) it comes in black, brown and black-brown. The two friends that tried it purchased the black-brown as they are fair people with light eyes. Both said that it enhanced their lashes and they liked the fact that lower lashes were coloured without having to use mascara. The upper lashes were coloured as well but this doesn't give a thick look to the lashes, just some colour. They felt that their lashes looked longer because their was even colour all the way to the tips where sometimes they are a bit white. I've used an Austrian brand called, Colorsport and had good results. The ingredients with these two brands are nearly the same and both seem safe.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Anna

Did your friends say it was easy to apply? How long does it last?

I get my lashes tinted in the salon & pay $18.00 plus GST (6% tax) plus tip. It is worth it. However I am always interested in DIY.

It lasts about 4-6 weeks from the salon. Darkens but does not thicken.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Okay one long posting:

One told me that hers lasted a month though the package says up to 6 weeks. A lot of this has to do with how light your lashes are to begin with. I've never seen her without mascara but she says that half of her lashes are quite light in colour. The bottom half is a black colour the other half "the tips" are pretty whitish. This is common in Nordic countries. Some even have all white lashes here. I am lucky in that only the very tips are whitish. I haven't tried Swiss O Par but I have used and still use Colorsport and the ingredients are almost identical. For me it lasts a month. I have had my lashes tinted at salons before 3 times because I was timid to do it myself. I think if you've had it done at a salon before you can do it at home because you know what to do. Now I do mine at home. The Colorsport that I buy (Swiss O Par is the same in this) has 10-12 applications which is about a year. Sometimes I touch up my lashes after 3 weeks but that is if I am going somewhere special and really want them to look really nice. I do wear mascara even with tinted lashes but I find that I don't need as much as I did before I started tinting them. The mascara just makes them look better. I don't use it on my lower lashes anymore though since now those are black tinted and I don't need it. My lashes are not what anyone would call long but my lower lashes just look defined with the tinted colour.

About your question of is it easy to apply. I didn't ask her and she didn't say. She knows that I do mine at home too so she probably just thought that I already knew how to do it. Based on my own home tinting experience I can advise that it is really important to really clean the oils off your lashes before colouring them otherwise the tint might not take like it should. I actually use a mild dishsoap for this which sounds truly awful but the point is to take off the oils. Normally I do not use dishsoap on my face. Laughing Make sure that your lashes are dry before tinting. Apply a thick cream, petroleum (vaseline type) under your eyes if you are tinting the lower lashes. Also apply it to the lashline on the top lids without getting on the lashes. You don't want tint staining your skin. If it gets on the vaseline it's easy to wipe off later. I find that doing one area at a time is easier for home use. So I do my lower lashes first then wash off and do my top lashes. This way I can be sure that the vaseline doesn't get on my lashes. When I first started to do this I did both at the same time and found that I got the vaseline on my lashes and also my tinting was uneven. Now that the cream or vaseline is on, mix the ingredients according to the instructions. Most tinting kits provide a little stick to apply it with. I don't know if I like it that much. I find it hard to apply without ending up with large clumps on my lashes. I went out and bought an eyelash separator/comb these are also often found on the other sides of eyebrow brushes. Both the comb and the eyelash brush work really well! You can also buy a mascara wand at a drugstore or use an old one if you have some outdated mascara laying around just clean and dry it off first. I apply with the eyebrow brush and then after about 5 minutes sweep the eyelash comb through to make sure that all is even. Like I mentioned I haven't used Swiss O Par but the ingredients are nearly identical as Colorsport which I have used. When it's time to remove I take a bit of tissue to wipe and then immediately use a face cleanser and wash off the stuff. Wait until your eyelashes are dry to see how they look. If you feel that you need to retouch some areas or do it again then that can be done. I've done this many times because my technique in the beginning was not right or the vaseline got on the lashes and I didn't see that while tinting. Either way, it isn't hard once you get the hang of it. It's also really cheap to do it yourself. One box lasts almost a year, and no tipping! You can give yourself a pat on the back though... Razz
vacpl
5% products discount

Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thanks so much for the great responses! Smile I really appreciate all the info. Hmm, sounds like it might be worth trying and if it's sold in Canada it might be easier to come by than the 1000 Hours brand!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
The bottom half is a black colour the other half "the tips" are pretty whitish.

That explains something I've wondered about before. Although, as carekate has previously said, everyone has lighter coloured tips to their lashes, I've noticed that mine (particularly on the bottom lids) are very, very whitish-blonde. I've never seen that in any of my friends, just me. My grandma was Norwegian and I wonder whether I inherited them from her?

As for Colorsport, I have tried that before and rather liked it. However, the 1000 Hours Tint gave a much better effect on my lashes and is definitely my preferred kit.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
autumn wrote:
I have seen this brand in Canada at the SDM. It is next to Ecrinal products (I use the fortifying lash gel). IIRC it is about $14.00 cdn. Not sure how many applications from a package.

I am curious to try the Swiss O Par. I have recently purchased Roux lash and brow tint from Sallys' in Canada. I KNOW that Roux does not really work well for lashes but I am hoping that the Roux will work on my very light blonde brows. I go to a salon for brow tint (and lashes) but would like to be able to do it myself.

hrm, where in canada are you?

i've looked for lash fortifying treatments here, but haven't seen either the ecrinal or the swiss o par in the sdm.

then again, where in the store did you find them? (though i suppose i could ask)
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I am in SW Ontario (Cambridge). The Ecrinal is actually very often with the NAIL products. Ecrinal has some nail strengthing products also.

It is in a odd spot; not with mascaras or something related.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I used this tonight because I really wanted to dye my lashes, and as someone else mentioned it is easier to come by in some parts of the world than the 1000 hours kit. It was easy to use, really only took a couple of minutes. And now my blond lashes are a lovely dark black. Now I have to wait and see how long the color lasts.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered two of this on ebay.. Will report back results! Very Happy
pmcake

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I recently tried the Swiss O Par and think it is AMAZING! I like it much better than the Colorsport. I was literally finished with the application in 2 minutes. I used the black on my lashes and the brown on my brows. My girlfriend recommended it and hers look great and it's been 4 weeks now! The person I bought it from on Ebay sends 2 bonuses - Tips and a special brush for application. It helped a lot. My friend said the comb that it comes with is harder to use. I found the brush easy and no mess. Try this product -- it really is GREAT!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
helenzwl wrote:
You can try some samples first!

There's no sample...

Ebay did not have sample?
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
pmcake wrote:
I recently tried the Swiss O Par and think it is AMAZING! I like it much better than the Colorsport. I was literally finished with the application in 2 minutes. I used the black on my lashes and the brown on my brows. My girlfriend recommended it and hers look great and it's been 4 weeks now! The person I bought it from on Ebay sends 2 bonuses - Tips and a special brush for application. It helped a lot. My friend said the comb that it comes with is harder to use. I found the brush easy and no mess. Try this product -- it really is GREAT!

What special brush did you use? I would be buying it from SDM (SW Ontario, Canada) so I am not sure what is in the package.

I am sure it would work easier with a brush than a comb. Is this like a mascara wand or spoolie style brush? Or more like a little paint brush?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:

Ebay did not have sample?

Nope, they sell the whole thing.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I just ordered two of this on ebay.. Will report back results! Very Happy

Thanks, Lisey. I'll be watching for your report.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just recieved my Swiss O' Par kits a few days ago and I did try it. I used black on my lashes and I can't believe how fast it worked!! It took only ONE minute!!! The only downside of this was that it stung like hell for me but it was really easy to apply. My lashes were naturally black just not dark enough and now it looks like I'm wearing some mascara on without having to wear mascara! Smile
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds interesting! I like the idea of being able to buy a lash dye off ebay, as opposed to 1000 Hour from NZ.

Has anyone who has previously used the 1000 Hour tried this one as well? I'd love to hear a comparison of the 2. I find the 1000 Hour works, but really not all that wonderfully. I notice a darkening, but it's pretty slight. And it's not really like I have high expectations - my regular mascara isn't lengthening or thickening. I'm just looking for a little darker color.

Also, does anyone know the difference between the home and the professional version of the Swiss O Par? Both are available on ebay. From what I gather, it sounds like the professional has a different application method - more in line with the 1000 Hour. Perhaps it's just because I am used to it, but the pro application just sounds more effective than the home application. Though it is interesting how their directions recommend achieving a frosting like consistency for the dye, which isn't quite what I've been achieving with the 1000 Hour. Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong.
Also the pro line has more colors, including black and black-blue. I am currently using black-blue from 1000 Hour since that is supposed to be darker. I wonder which is darker from Swiss O Par?
The home kit also comes with more accessories, but that doesn't really interest me. I have always done fine using those little denture brushes recommended for the 1000 Hour. They do an excellent job coating my lashes in dye.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
denture brushes recommended for the 1000 Hour

can you enlighten me? I have the 1000 hour and sometimes find it hard to apply even though i use a clean spooly wand thing....

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I like this stuff too. I use a Sonia Kushak spoolie I bought from Target, not the comb that came with it.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I find it better to use a comb.. I haven't tried 1000 hour lash tint yet so I cannot compare these 2 together.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
autumn wrote:

OK, I bought this and looked at it and put it away. For some reason I did not get printed instruction sheet for this.

Finally today as I was unable to get to the salon for a brow tint I decided to look for instructions on line. The instuctions are very easy.

Wash eye area and brows. I put Vaseline around brows (where I did not want tint to be!)

Apply liquid from Bottle 1.

Then apply gel - Bottle two. This looks clear but is the colour. I left this one for seconds.
I used a Q tip but next time I will use a little brush.

Then I wiped it off with a Kleenex and rinsed well with water.

My brows are brown; not blonde. I saved myself a trip to the salon and $10.00 (plus tip). The box indicates at least ten applications.

I am not brave enough to do my lashes; but the brow tint at home is a big deal to me.

I will update as to how long it lasts. It only lasts 3 - 4 weeks when I have it done at the salon. Sometimes at the beginning it is too dark and then last time she did not leave it on long at all and it faded quickly.
Liza7

Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Would someone PLEASE help Question Stupid me Confused got so excited when I saw brow/lash tinting that I bought 2 tubes on auction, not realizing that what I was buying was only the dye. I followed the directions in the leaflet (mix with 3% hydrogen peroxide) and WHOA Embarassed did it ever sting. So I wiped if off my eyes immediately but left my eyebrows. My eyebrow part was red for 2 days.
Could someone tell me what this "fixating liquid" is that is to be used With swiss o par? And where can I buy it without having to buy the entire kit?
Anyone, Please?
Thanks so much for listening.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Liza7 wrote:
Would someone PLEASE help Question Stupid me Confused got so excited when I saw brow/lash tinting that I bought 2 tubes on auction, not realizing that what I was buying was only the dye. I followed the directions in the leaflet (mix with 3% hydrogen peroxide) and WHOA Embarassed did it ever sting. So I wiped if off my eyes immediately but left my eyebrows. My eyebrow part was red for 2 days.
Could someone tell me what this "fixating liquid" is that is to be used With swiss o par? And where can I buy it without having to buy the entire kit?
Anyone, Please?
Thanks so much for listening.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |