Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Phytomer Moisture Quench Mask and Thalgo Mositure Quenching
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Good evening all Smile

I've been meaning to post my thoughts about these two masks for quite a while now but it has taken this long to figure out what my thoughts were exactly Smile Don't get me wrong, I like both of these masks - that's exactly what the problem was! I couldn't figure out which one I thought was better.... I finally gave up and decided that it was quite healthy for me to think that both of these were equally good Smile

A few months ago I decided to go on a search for a good moisturising mask. I really like using masks, I actually find it quite relaxing to put a mask on and read a mag or watch tv Smile

I worship my Valmont Renewing Pack but truth be told, it is a pick-me-up mask not a super moisturising one.

I've been using the Phytomer and the Thalgo masks interchangeably for maybe 7 weeks now? They're a bit different but the effect is the same - pampered, well moisturised skin Smile

The Phytomer mask is a pale greenish colour and has a very pleasant faint scent. I actually use this all over my face and neck, including around my eyes (haven't had any problems with that at all - it seems to be very gentle). I leave this on for about 15 mins and it dries to the touch.

The Thalgo mask is white in colour and just slightly thinner in consistency than the Phytomer one. It has a divine faint scent to it and I swear if they came up with a perfume that smelt like this I'd be the first to buy it! I find that the Thalgo mask, unlike the Phytomer one, does not dry to the touch, it just sits there and maintains the same consistency (or whatever you'd call that Smile).

In terms of "performance" both of these masks do what they are supposed to do, in my opinion they do a great job of providing skin with a moisture boost (or it feels like it anyway). I think I like the Thalgo better but that's only because of the scent and that will vary from person to person.

Bottom line is that I am very happy with both of these masks and I would recommend them to you if you are in the market for a moisturing mask.

It would seem that I am entering a 'face mask phase' at the moment and I have quite a few other masks to try soon (though most of them are in sample or GWP size).

Mabsy
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I know this post is nearly a year old- hope i am still allowed to reply!
have just started using the thalgo moisture quenching mask, and i think it is fantastic- also smells lovely. the first time i used it, it sort of sank in like my skin ate it up. but afterwards, my skin felt all smooth.
just had to add this, as i was so impressed
Mabsy

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you like this as well Maddy. I now apply it (or other moisturising masks in my "collection") after spraying my face with rose water. I'm not sure if it actually makes it more effective (probably not) but it sure feels nice! Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy,
I am on my search for a great moisturising mask. I have posted another thread earlier and some recommended Demologica's Multivitamin Mask. I also saw somewhere that you listed Demologica's mask as one of your favoriate. I am wondering if you can compare the effect of Thalgo, Phytomer and Demologica?
This can definately help me make the choice.
Thanks,

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Hello Mabsy,
I am on my search for a great moisturising mask. I have posted another thread earlier and some recommended Demologica's Multivitamin Mask. I also saw somewhere that you listed Demologica's mask as one of your favoriate. I am wondering if you can compare the effect of Thalgo, Phytomer and Demologica?
This can definately help me make the choice.
Thanks,

It's very hard to compare the effect of moisturising masks, particularly since I don't have very dry skin (then I might see the difference). I don't think the Dermalogica mask is only a moisturising mask, or, at least, I think you can get something more moisturising than it. It's been a while since I used it but I think the Phytomer and Thalgo would be more moisturising. But it is a *great* mask! I could not really choose between the Thalgo and the Phytomer I don't think. They are both good and when I need to repurchase I'll just buy the one that I like better (scent wise), which would be the Thalgo still.

I would suggest that you try to get samples of the three and see what you think. I think even then the choice may not be that easy Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

It's very hard to compare the effect of moisturising masks, particularly since I don't have very dry skin (then I might see the difference). I don't think the Dermalogica mask is only a moisturising mask, or, at least, I think you can get something more moisturising than it. It's been a while since I used it but I think the Phytomer and Thalgo would be more moisturising. But it is a *great* mask! I could not really choose between the Thalgo and the Phytomer I don't think. They are both good and when I need to repurchase I'll just buy the one that I like better (scent wise), which would be the Thalgo still.

Hello Mabsy,
Thank you for your advice. My skin is not dry but I just have this weird belief that moisture can prevent future winkles from forming Embarassed
I read that Thalgo is a "leave-on" mask and Phytomer is a noraml wash-off mask. I have never used a "leave-on" mask before and I am just wondering if you continue with you other skin care products (e.g., serum, moisturizer?) after the mask dries?
Confused
Thanks,

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Thank you for your advice. My skin is not dry but I just have this weird belief that moisture can prevent future winkles from forming Embarassed
I read that Thalgo is a "leave-on" mask and Phytomer is a noraml wash-off mask. I have never used a "leave-on" mask before and I am just wondering if you continue with you other skin care products (e.g., serum, moisturizer?) after the mask dries?

If you don't have dry skin then maybe the Dermalogica one is the best way to go then? My reasoning behind that is that it has various antioxidants in it, whereas the Thalgo and Phytomer are just moisturising masks. It is still moisturising, just not to the same extent as the Thalgo and Phytomer IMO.

Btw, the Thalgo is also a wash-off mask as far as I know. I have never left it on, the packaging also indicates that this is a 10 minute mask. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

If you don't have dry skin then maybe the Dermalogica one is the best way to go then? My reasoning behind that is that it has various antioxidants in it, whereas the Thalgo and Phytomer are just moisturising masks. It is still moisturising, just not to the same extent as the Thalgo and Phytomer IMO.

Thanks Mabsy, Dermalogica is definately a go then. I will ask samples of Thalgo and Phytomer masks to try (as pampering treatment).
I love mask Embarassed too bad I can't afford Vermont Renewing Pack Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Btw, the Thalgo is also a wash-off mask as far as I know. I have never left it on, the packaging also indicates that this is a 10 minute mask. HTH

Hello Mabsy,
I am siting here with Thalgo's Moisture Quenching Mask on my face. It does feel really soft and I have to mention the smell again! I love the smell, reminds me of places like hawaii and maldives. All the sunshine and running on the beach Smile
In the little booklet it came with, it does say under the advice on use, that Leave to act for 10 minutes then gently remove the excess with a cotton ball or tissue, and no need to rinse Shock
I think all the product sunk into my skin already. I don't think there is anything left to wipe off Confused
I guess I will need to try both ways, wiping off and washing it off, to see if it makes a difference but I gotta say I do love how it feels on my skin...especially the smell Embarassed

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you like it, the smell of this is fantastic Smile

Re:washing it off. Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I guess what I mean by a wash off mask is one that is not a "leave on" in the sense that you just apply it and go. I do wash this off anyway (i.e. wipe off with a warm wet facewasher) because I don't have dry skin. When my mum (dry skin) uses this there is not much to take off as it tends to sink in to her skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm into masks lately, and, thanks to your review, Mabsy, the Thalgo is on my list for my next EDS order!

I absolutely adore Dr. H's Firming Mask!!!! It's super moisturizing, and the scent is devine! My skin is so dry, that I apply this before bed and leave it on all night. My skin feels very fresh and moist in the morning. I've been alternating between that and a Merle Norman Luxiva Moisture Rich Mask, which has a cucumber scent. Between those two, Dr. H's is my fav....it's more moisturizing and I prefer the rose over the cucumber.

I need a new one to throw in the mix, and Thalgo sounds perfect! Thanks for the review!
Mabsy

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Debra - I'd love to know what you think of it once you try it. I've got the Dr H rose mask you're talking about and it's lovely! I'm a huge fan of the Dr Hauchka products Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
As the day goes on I tend to get dehydration lines around my eyes (and maybe some drooping) and I never could find anything to combat those, so I've been applying a small amount of Thalgo Moisture Quenching Mask on my upper eyelids at night and letting it sink in. The hydration is lasting all day even with eye makeup on top of it. I had tried every serum, cream and potion before this and nothing as worked as well for this particular problem. Since this has worked so well, it has me wondering about the new Thalgo eye cream EDS has. It's called Thalgo Revitalising Eye Contour Cream and here is the description:

Description:
Formulated with marine and plant extracts this fine emulsion helps prevent drooping in the eyelid and eyebrow area. Decongests and restores resilience to fatigued and tired skin.

The great part is it's only $32.46 USD!

Anyone tried it yet?

-Cheri
Mabsy

Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
....it has me wondering about the new Thalgo eye cream EDS has. It's called Thalgo Revitalising Eye Contour Cream and here is the description:

Description:
Formulated with marine and plant extracts this fine emulsion helps prevent drooping in the eyelid and eyebrow area. Decongests and restores resilience to fatigued and tired skin.

The great part is it's only $32.46 USD

Cheri - I am absolutely loving this eye cream right now!! I was lucky enough to have accumulated a few samples of this so I squeezed them out into a little pot and have been using this for probably over a month now. It's great at moisturising! I was worried about it because it has mineral oil in it but I've had no problems whatsoever. I'll write a review of this today - thank you for reminding me Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy! I read the review and now I really want to order that eye cream!

-Cheri
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |