Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sofina and Sunkiller Sunscreens
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Your welcome ladies! The first time i found that site, i almost went dizzy with all the info! I keep reading bits and pieces each time... Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
The depth of info on sunscreens is amazing Laughing

I would even say geeky Shock
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, I just checked in the shop and the Sunkiller available here is actually the Japanese version. So the Daily UV Gel is SPF27. Razz

Here's an update on the products available in case someone is still interested:

Super Block Skintone SPF50+ PA+++ 37ml
Super Block Clear SPF50+ PA+++ 35ml
Daily UV Gel SPF27 PA+ 100ml
Clear Water SPF50+ PA+++ 27ml
Baby Milk SPF38+ PA++ 27ml (for sensitive skin)

You may take a look at their website http://www.sunkiller.jp/sunkiller0601_ichiran.html

Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
CK--i can't wait, i am so excited to try the superblock skintone Very Happy .

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I still have to get 3 more Clearwaters to make up your order (though I swooped 5 or 6 shops already)! Laughing
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
thanks CK, i am having you run all over town for me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
THANKS CK! you're the best! the sunkillers came, i can't wait to try skintone milk 2morrow, i will definitely update and do a review.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:12 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome! Very Happy Enjoy!! Cool
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
So I went out today AGAIN to did some shopping for a member and I bought an extra Sofina Nuance Up. I'll happily ship it to anyone who wants it and if no one's interested I'll just keep it for myself. Laughing

And I've got a few Sunkiller Clearwaters left too. Please send me a PM if anyone wants it. Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Crud. I just ordered theese in Buy It Now on Ebay. That's such a nice offer. Thanks!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
CK, I would be interested in both of those if they're still available...the Nuance Up and the Clearwater.

I'll PM you...

Thanks
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody here use Sun Play by Mentholatum? It's very similar to Sunkiller, Sofina, etc, but for some reason it's the one I end up using. It's wonderful stuff but of course it's not available state-side so I have to get it when I go to Singapore or Japan. (Luckily my husband goes to Singapore a few times a year so I usually get him to stock up for me.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking at the Sun Play stuff yesterday!! How is the texture?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I was just looking at the Sun Play stuff yesterday!! How is the texture?

It's GORGEOUS!! It's very similar to the Clarins UV Plus stuff I always rave about. I've used the Sun Play Clear Water SPF 50 and the Perfect Shield Clear Finish SPF 130 and they are both lovely. They are invisible under make up, and they are pretty much the only sunscreens I can stand to have on my body. If you give them a try, let me know how you like em!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sunplay is available here and I tried it (can't recall which one but it has a very high SPF) a few years ago. It's watery and lightweight BUT it felt drying and kind of tacky on my skin. Didn't like it. Sad I know many Japanese sunscreens are watery in texture and very lightweight but they can very different on my skin. Confused
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I'm going to get myself a new Sofina probably next week. And I'll also buy a Sunkiller based on skincareaddicted's recommendation too (turns out it's really cheap to get here Very Happy ). I'm thinking of purchasing for interested members here as a humble way to contribute a little to this forum (this is among the very few things that I can easily get hold of but not readily available in the US/Canada/Australia...) Embarassed

I can buy for you any sunscreens of Sofina (eg. Nuance Up, Lucent, Rise, etc) and Sunkiller Clear Water SPF50 PA+++ (I'm anxious to try this too Razz ) Anyone interested in getting one of these? If a handful of members are interested, I'll purchase it and have it sent to you next time I do my shopping. Very Happy

Please PM me if you're interested. Very Happy Cool
\
omg, CK, are you still willing to buy some of these for members?
I would love to get some if possible.

I will PM you too.
Thanks much

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
i have asked this question on another thread, but didn't get a reply, not sure if it's a stupid question, but i really want to know:
if i started using SPF 50+++ (Sofina or Sunkiller), and later or maybe in winter, i then use a lower protection, say SPF 36++, (i don't know what the + means by the way hmm hmm )

will i get sun damage then? Does using a higher sun protection in a sense weaken your skin's natural sun defense system?

I hope this is not a stupid question Embarassed Embarassed
Oh well, i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to skincare and makeups Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:
i have asked this question on another thread, but didn't get a reply, not sure if it's a stupid question, but i really want to know:
if i started using SPF 50+++ (Sofina or Sunkiller), and later or maybe in winter, i then use a lower protection, say SPF 36++, (i don't know what the + means by the way hmm hmm )

will i get sun damage then? Does using a higher sun protection in a sense weaken your skin's natural sun defense system?

I hope this is not a stupid question Embarassed Embarassed
Oh well, i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to skincare and makeups Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey yuki, I am going to chime in here but hopefully someone more knowledgeable about sunscreen will answer you also.

When you use a higher protection sunscreen - for both UVA and UVB, you do reduce your body's ability to protect against the sun, but only because you have not produced the melanin you would have if you have not used sunscreen. Otherwise using a higher SPF will not have any adverse affect on your skin's own natural protection.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |