Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review of Dr. Hauschka's "Rose Day Cream"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I've decided to do a "formal" review of Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream because I've mentioned it many times in response to various posts on this forum.

I love the Rose Day Cream and I have repurchased this cream two or three times already.

As a background to Dr. Hauschka's products all contain herbs and plants that are specially grown on 12 acres of award-winning gardens in Germany. Their goal is to cultivate the highest quality medicinal plants using holistic and therapeutic techniques. This means that they try to preserve the living, healing element of each and every plant.

There are three moisturizers in the Dr. Hauschka skin care line. The lightest is "Moisturizing Day Cream" which offers light protection. A little richer is the "Quince Day Cream" which I have also used. It smells divine and it is excellent for normal, dry, sensitivie skin.

My favourite and the richest of the moisturizers is the "Rose Day Cream." This is their classic and most popular product. I have equated it with La Mer because it has the richness of La Mer without the time consuming melting in the hand and pat, pat, patting on the face. Sometimes, when you put on the Rose Day Cream (because of the richness of it) there will be, here and there, some remaining cream on the skin. Don't wipe it off. Just wait a few seconds and it will melt right into the skin and you will be left with that wonderful La Mer "Glow" that I have experienced with both products.

Now, I do have super dry/dehydrated skin, but I think if one has normal/oily skin you can use it on drier spots of the face. I also use it as an eye cream. I have very sensitive eyes and this cream does not sting or irritate the eye area. Again, the Rose Day Cream melts right into the eye area leaving it super hydrated.

For those of you interested in ingredients, Rose Day Cream contains: Peanut Oil, Althaea Officinalis Extract, Beeswax, Avocado Extract, Hypericum Extract, Shea Butter, Rose Wax, Lecithin, Rose Petal Extract, Rose Hip Extract.

For we older women "Rose" is one of the best botanicals for aging, dry, wrinkled skin as it is a super skin regenerative. For you younger women, I'm sure it'll just keep your skin at it's loveliest.

Dr. Hauscka is a skin care line that lives up to its promises. I hope everyone who tries it will be as happy with it as I am.
Mabsy

Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leeleedeedee,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review. I really like Rose Day cream, but as you suggested, I found it a bit rich for my skin and ended up using it on the drier spots and also around my eyes. I only had one of those sample sized ones and finished it all off. The cream smells wonderfull!

The only thing I don't like about Dr Hauschka in Australia (not sure if this is global or not) is the fact that they sell their samples in the dept store. The little 5mL tube of the rose day cream cost me about Au$11 (about US$9 perhaps?). Before I caved and bought the sample I actually rang the company to ask for a sample and they said that they don't give out samples and that I can buy myself one in the shops. I thought that was a bit unusual. At least they should give out little 2mL ones or something!

Anyway, I think the next thing on the Hauschka list that I would like to try is the cleansing cream (I've read great reviews) and the lip balm (not because of Brad Pitt though Smile I swear! Smile).

Mabsy
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

You mentioned that you put this cream around your eye area. I have been told that you should be careful about what products you apply there...
Just wondering if this cream is too thick or rich for the skin around the eyes, esp since I get milia bumps all the time and it drives me wild. Do you have any recommendations for dry and dark skin for the undereye area? THX for your help!
Mabsy

Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I think if you are prone to millia then you should probably avoid putting this cream around your eye area. This is not to say that you WILL get millia, but it is a heavier moisturiser than some.

If you are looking for something that targets dark circles under your eyes then PTR Power K Eye Rescue can't be beat! It worked very well for me and it's not heavy at all! I'm not sure if you will find it moisturising enough though if you have dry skin around the eye area.

Mabsy
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've finally tried the Rose Day Cream and I love it. I used a little last night/this morning and my skin looked sooo wonderful all day today. I really do think it gives me the "La Mer glow".
Smile
Amesevey
5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
They (dr H) make their own eye protection balm which is less like a cream and more like..well a balm. It's orangish in color and it too "melts into your skin" after application. It says it should be used as an eye day cream however, i dont know if its too heavy to be used at night for those with oily skin

jill
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Amesevey wrote:
They (dr H) make their own eye protection balm which is less like a cream and more like..well a balm. It's orangish in color and it too "melts into your skin" after application.

Is this the eye contour day cream you're talking about or do they have eye cream type product? Phrases like "melts into your skin" always suck me in Smile
Amesevey
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Amesevey wrote:
They (dr H) make their own eye protection balm which is less like a cream and more like..well a balm. It's orangish in color and it too "melts into your skin" after application.

Is this the eye contour day cream you're talking about or do they have eye cream type product? Phrases like "melts into your skin" always suck me in Smile

masby,..i am referring to the eye contour day cream. It's really rich and also can be used at night. And yes,..melts into your skin sucks me in too..thats why i'm a fan of it Surprised

jill
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |