Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Opinion on Breast Implants
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Recently a co-worker had breast implants placed. I haven't asked her directly but know the women she spoke with prior to having this done were very happy with the results.

My number one concern is safety. I've never considered it since I've heard the implants will breakdown in 100% of the cases. That's not so great a statistic! The government has approved silicone implants again saying there was no direct evidence about them causing harm. She seemed to accept this choosing silicone over saline and was educated that the implants will need changing after ~15 years.

Although I'm small breasted, not even quite an A cup, I've lived with it. My husband has never ever made me feel 'small' (together for nearly 15 years) so why mess with mother nature. Lately, I've wondered if it's an option for me after having children. Yes, we're finally trying for kids.

Especially as I get older I find it frustrating wearing the clothes I really want to wear. Maybe the age thing has me wanting to look and feel more flattering. The padded bras were okay for years but now they don't seem natural looking enough. Depending on the clothes, I always seem to be fussing with them. Is it worth it just for the sake of clothes hanging off my body nicer?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Well, hopefully I won't lose my credibility or likeability here (assuming I have any! Laughing ), but I have implants. I got them when I was 21 and I don't regret it at all. Like you, I was under an A cup, more like training bra size if anything. I got them because my whole life I didn't feel feminine at all, not to mention the whole clothes buying thing. Every time I had to go swimsuit shopping I would just sob and sob as my mom had to refit the tops for me. She also has small breasts and completely supported my decision. My dad luckily did too and had even at one time told my mom that she should start her own clothing line for small breasted women.

Yes, there are some problems with them, but for me the self confidence I gained and the fact that I now feel like a woman far out weigh them. I plan to have mine replaced in the next 5 or so years. I had to have a sonogram done on them about a year ago (for pain in my right breast unrelated to the implants) and the radiologist is pretty sure that one of them has a tiny leak or protrusion. She said it's nothing to worry about as long as I get them replaced over the next few years. I haven't noticed any change in size so it must be extremely small if there even is one (she wasn't 100% sure without an MRI).

There are some new implants that I wanted to wait for before I had them redone. I don't know if you've heard of them but they're called "gummies" since they are 100% gel silicone. These are supposed to be the best so far, since the silicone can't leak and they feel the most natural. By the way, all implants are made of silicone shells, it's the inside fluid where silicone has been known to cause problems upon leakage. The gummies were supposed to be approved by the FDA this year, although I haven't checked yet to see if they have been or not. These new implants also will not ripple, which is a small side effect of mine. My only other side effect is that the outside half of my right breast is now numb, but not tingly or anything and I don't even notice it now. Still, it has been worth it for me.

The only other thing I want to mention is how the rest of the world feels about them. Most of my friends (and none of my coworkers) don't know that I even have them. My good friends do, but not the rest. I feel no need to tell them since it shouldn't matter anyways and mine look 100% natural (the key is getting the right proportion, not too large). However, the friends I have that don't know about them will joke about implants and at first it used to really bother me, but now I just blame ignorance on their part and a lack of understanding why most women get them. Besides, even I'm guilty at making fun of a few of the extreme boob jobs or those that obviously didn't get them to proportion themselves!

Well, I hope that I helped a bit with your decision. Let me know if you have any specific questions and if it's too personal you can always pm me. Happy to help!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I my self have considered implants, having a natural small chest. After having a baby and experincing D's for the first time...Im sold. I probably wont get them till after our next child, so Im spending this time researching my options. I dont think that implants are for everyone, and I dont think that they solve selfesteem problems, but I think they are fantastic if all you are wanting is boobs! Very Happy Any woman who I have talked to about them is very happy with their choice, the only complaint is wishing they had gone bigger. I think silicone is only used for breast reconstruction(after breast cancer)or if you have previsouly had saline and had a problem, in other words you cant choose silicone for your first surgery. There are different schools of thought on them needing to be replaced every 15 years, some say its not necessary.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Here are some links to sites I found helpful and informative. I know there is a member on here who had implants and was willing to share her info, hopefully she will chime in.

http://www.implantinfo.com/

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/breastimplants/

http://www.breastimplants411.com/

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/

http://www.breastimplants4you.com/

http://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/breast-implants/

http://www.skepticism.net/faq/health_scares/breast_implants/index.html

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Well, vonstella looks like we have more in common than I thought! I can recommend a few doctors to you here in Dallas when you get ready. Even though I still had the minor numbing complication which could happen with any surgery, my doctor did an excellent job. I've even been compliment by other doctors during my annual physical exam! Laughing
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Well, hopefully I won't lose my credibility or likeability here (assuming I have any! Laughing ), but I have implants.

If you lost credibility b/c you have boobs that would be awful. In fact I like you more for being so honest! Society makes women feel they need bigger breasts, then turns around and gives them a stigma for getting implants, it like a double edged sword. Mad I want implants for the exact same reasons you got yours and I see nothing wrong with that, b/c Im pretty awesome! Wink Laughing

TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Thanks vonstella! By the way, you went from an A to a D while nursing? Holy smokes! I was kind of wanting to wait to get mine redone until I had kids because I knew they'd grow, but now it looks like that might be a bit longer than my "girls" can wait! Especially since I'm not even close to being married! Laughing
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the great websites. I'll be researching for some time. D cup?? Maybe I will look forward to nursing Laughing

When I first started thinking about this I wondered if this was a self esteem issue. Lately always fussing with my clothes and now attempting to conceive, I suddenly don't feel very feminine. Although it would make me feel better, my whole being does not hinge on this. I haven't shared this with my husband yet. It's my body but his opinion will weigh in too. Ha! I'd be mad if he was overly enthusiastic about me getting them done! Nah, he'd be more sensitive then that...

TAMgirl99, your honesty only increases your credibility Very Happy One question, how long have you had your implants?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Laughing Thanks vonstella! By the way, you went from an A to a D while nursing? Holy smokes! I was kind of wanting to wait to get mine redone until I had kids because I knew they'd grow, but now it looks like that might be a bit longer than my "girls" can wait! Especially since I'm not even close to being married! Laughing

Yeah, it was very unexpected and very cool! Cool
But my son is ALL boy and nursed all 55 pounds I gained and my boobs right off me in under 3 months! We want to have 1 more baby in about a year so I guess it will be a while for me...I just dont want to risk not being able to breastfeed or having to get a lift later on.

Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Im not sure about it hmm , i am not overly big myself and it has crossed my mind though im probably far too squeemish Embarassed not that i could afford it right now anyway lol.

i am aware that there are some herbal suppliments etc. that can be taken to increase bust size if thats any help Confused
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I know a ton of woman who had them before having children with no problem what so ever, most even breast fed, but almost all of them want them re-done afterwards since the breast grow and change so much after child birth, so my 2 cents would be, have ur kids, then get ur implants, rather than get them, love the results, have kids, want the great results back!!!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
I know a ton of woman who had them before having children with no problem what so ever, most even breast fed, but almost all of them want them re-done afterwards since the breast grow and change so much after child birth, so my 2 cents would be, have ur kids, then get ur implants, rather than get them, love the results, have kids, want the great results back!!!

Eek! No kidding, lets just say I had to get reacquainted with my girls after I was done nursing, but to be able to give my son good nutrition was well worth the "visible mileage".

TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:

That's exactly what I want to do but at this point I will probably have to replace them first since they're already 8 years old. They say to replace them between 10-15 years, or as needed. At least that was the recommendation when I got mine. I think the gummies are supposed to be permanent, yeah!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:

This really made me laugh but it's so true. Smile Plus new info may arrive in a year or so. I can be patient.

TAMgirl99, thanks for answering my questions. (Edited original entry after spending 10min. trying to figure out how to reply with a double quote. So you are not seeing double if this reply looks vaguely familiar.)
COMPTON
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
hAS anyone watched this show on bravo called the wives of orange county or something like that?

Every time i think of older women getting breast implants i think of that show Rolling Eyes
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
COMPTON wrote:
hAS anyone watched this show on bravo called the wives of orange county or something like that?

Every time i think of older women getting breast implants i think of that show Rolling Eyes

Not having watched this show, I have no idea what impression you are trying to make. Do you want to clarify the Rolling Eyes ?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I see no problem wanting to enhance your appearence at any age, it a personal choice, as long as you dont go overboard and let it control your life. Its when people give up on themselves that I start to worry. There is nothing wrong with a little healthy vainty! Wink Very Happy

TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
There is nothing wrong with a little healthy vainty! Wink Very Happy

LMAO! Laughing Isn't that why we're all here?
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I personally don't see what the big deal is. The only way I personally write off implants as being a good thing is when women have literally nothing there and are in a rut for buying clothes- the majority of which is aimed at larger "endowed" women. There are also "shaping" sizes which bother some women and I can understand the need to feel balanced and normal.

What I don't get is women looking for huge breasts. Is it the bigger they are, the better your confidence you'll have? I'm "only" a 36B and I'm pretty large by all standards, to the point where it's embarrassing sometimes. I can't imagine wanting to upsize and get anything bigger so that people can continue to stare at me. If breasts represent my confidence level well then, I should have realized my ego long ago- but that's not where my priorities are.

Of course, I'm reading these things about some of you wanting D's, and there is a woman's frame to consider. Women come in all shapes in sizes and maybe if a 36B is big to one of us, it isn't big to another. Given the fact that I like to play devil's advocate around here, I just had to speak up and offer another perspective....and I second the motion of not letting an interesting little pastime run your lives...I'm just of the opinion that breast enlargement isn't as necessary as some of you are made to believe.

Just recently, a woman I know at my campground lost a breast due to cancer. Meanwhile, another woman that the family and friends is acquainted with, simultaneously got her breasts enlarged. I find this to be the epitome of disrespect and vainglorious behaviour- and I suppose that's why I'm so miffed sometimes. There are other things out there to worry about. Wink
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I understand FrevaKZ's point. I have always said that if I had even had a small A cup, I wouldn't have gotten implants. I think natural breasts are so beautiful and my inability to grow them made me so self conscious about my femininity (or lack thereof). I have a very tiny frame and weighed 95 lbs when I got them, so I didn't want anything to make me look "busty". I am now a 32B and have still had people comment about my breasts being small! I don't think they're small at all, just well proportioned. I don't think people realize that breast size comments, whether it be because they are small or large, can really hurt someone, so I never comment on anyone else's breasts. Besides, nothing that anyone else thinks of your breasts matters anyways. It's how YOU feel about them that counts. Very Happy
vacpl
5% products discount

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
While it isn't something I would do, I certainly think it's probably an option that works for many women and is a very positive experience.

If a friend were to consider it and ask my opinion, I would suggest going into it knowing exactly what doing so may mean, and having a ton of references on the person who's going to do it. But that's just common sense. Wink
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
i think being larger chested, it's hard to find clothes that fit too. designers seem to think that larger chested women have to be tall and really wide, that's not always the case. i have been all cup sizes A,B,C, and D (because of recent weight gain). As a C and D, I have the hardest time buying shirts as my waist is rather small. stretchy shirts are the only things i can really wear, and even then i have to buy the largest size and have my mom gather the seams at the waist so it fits right so i don't end up looking like a potato sack. and if you're gonna be bigger, forget about empire waist shirts or dresses, they'll never fit right. the line always lands across the chest.

with the recent trend in hollywood for the waif, seems like big breasts are kinda out though.

roadbee--i have a friend who has implants, i would have never known since hers look really natural. i think she said she went from a B to a D. she also said she was really glad she got them. she got them at 21 and has had them for 9 years.

my advice is don't go too big, they end up looking really fake, the transition from the chest to the breast area is important. when i think of a bad implant job, i think victoria beckham! i thought she was absolutely lovely the way she was before though.

TAMgirl99--of course your credibility is the same if not better! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
one MASSIVE WORD OF ADVICE, go to as many dr.'s as you can, then pick the one you feel is best for YOU. Look at the dr's work and truely go in very informed on whos doing this, yours will only be as good as that dr. Please do not go to one and sign up and the hottest doc in the area isnt always the best. Also a mental thing goes one when a woman does this, I've seen this with every freind whose done this...they all went them bigger and then bigger, please know u'll do this and remind urself that biggest isnt allways what ya want.

Then after all that enjoy ur new figure!!!!!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Also make sure they are board certified in plastic surgery. Many of the ones with botched jobs are not. And get references too.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with TAMgirl99 and MelissaMarie's advice on choosing a doctor.

I have implants too. I always had issues with my breasts being too small. I hated them and was self-conscious about them. It was the best decision I ever made in my life!!! Very Happy

I went to 32D, and they're not huge on me at all. They look like the breasts I should have grown. Like Tamgirl99, I get compliments from my doctors and have girlfriends who don't know enviously tell me that I'm so lucky to have great boobs. The only people who know are my sisters(who all want them now) and one friend. - oh and my hubby! I, too, am waiting for the gummies to have them replaced. Mine are only 6 or 7 years old. They still have a little mileage, so I'll probably wait until I need to for $$ reasons.

The only side effect I had was greater nipple sensitivity, and that wasn't a bad thing for me!

I think that anyone who wants them should go right ahead. They don't change your life or solve all your problems, but they make you feel good about yourself and feel and look better in your clothes. Last time I went in to have them checked, I asked to see my "before" picture because I wanted to reaffirm that I'd made the right decision. I did!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |