Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
sonia rykiel skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:53 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried sonia rykiel's skincare line? it's probably more popular in asia..i'm interested and would like to see if anyone has any good comments on it
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Haven't tried the skincare but have used their supreme compact foundation and am still using their treatment makeup base. I really enjoyed both but because I have combo skin leaning towards the oily side the compact foundation would be too heavy in the summer but perfect for winter! I still love the treatment makeup base just for its ingredients and how it does help hydrate my skin so makeup goes on more flawlessly.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I used some samples. They all contain alcohol I believe because you can easily smell it... for the famous compact foundation which claims to contain over 70% water? It is a big joke. yes, it has a lot of water, but after you apply it to your face and let it dry for while, it also takes away the water in your skin making you even drier!! Also, it won't stay long and get clog quickly. I would like to recommend SK II treatment compact foundation rather than this one.

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
hmm I never cared about the claims but I've never had problems with it clogging my pores. And it has NEVER dried out my skin either and my aunt who has mature dry skin has not had problems with the makeup compact either. But then I guess it's preference. The makeup base doesn't smell like alcohol to me but yes it does contain alcohol but it doesn't contain enough of it to irritate my skin and my skin is quite sensitive to alcohol.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
hmm I never cared about the claims but I've never had problems with it clogging my pores. And it has NEVER dried out my skin either and my aunt who has mature dry skin has not had problems with the makeup compact either. But then I guess it's preference. The makeup base doesn't smell like alcohol to me but yes it does contain alcohol but it doesn't contain enough of it to irritate my skin and my skin is quite sensitive to alcohol.

thanks sormuimui, i think i'll give it a try
will let you know if i like it
it's just that i've read so many good reviews Smile that i must try it myself
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a couple of their hydrating product samples including the hydrating essence, however I didn't feel much special about it. I have also use their firming massage gel (it's supposed to slim down the face). Although it hasn't made my face slimmer instantly per se, it does a nice and gentle exfoliating job. Because of the above experience, I have been hesitant to continue trying other products Wink
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used it so I can't comment. I'm not sure how popular it is here and in the US.
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh by the way, I would like to agree with the above post on their power compact foundation. Yeah what a joke, that's exactly how I feel. Supposedly it contains a lot of water, but it doesn't hydrate the skin; it makes the skin looks even drier later on. And guess what? My compact dried out before I could finish it!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
dolly*eye wrote:
Oh by the way, I would like to agree with the above post on their power compact foundation. Yeah what a joke, that's exactly how I feel. Supposedly it contains a lot of water, but it doesn't hydrate the skin; it makes the skin looks even drier later on. And guess what? My compact dried out before I could finish it!

That's odd, I've had mine since January (I've used it up but haven't thrown it away) and it's still as moist as I first got it.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |