Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
What does everyone do for Exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering what everyone does. I started working out this year for the first time since high school for health reasons and i admit, a little vanity Wink.

In addition to actually fitting into my clothes and my body fat dropping about 8%, i have more energy and have started to eat healthier too.

I do a combination of strength and cardio. I do turbo jam (i have ALL their DVDs) and i also do the cindy crawford the next challenge dvd.

I was thinking of playing tennis to add a little variety or rollerblading. both sound fun.

Just wondering, does everyone else do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
This will be the thread where I start to feel I should do more Confused Laughing

I try to go for a walk in the countryside at the back of the house once a day, usually in the evening when it is going dusk, me and SO will take ourselves off for about an hour of walking, stopping to admire the views along the way.
There is a huge hill, which I can now walk up in one go without stopping Wink
There is nothing better than sat on an old stone wall with a flask of tea once you have reached the top and admiring the stunning views.
It's much more fun than the gymn.
I do try to eat healthy as much as possible

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I do a 50 minute fast walk with my dog every day.
Very Happy
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:09 am      Reply with quote
I do Pilates matwork 6 days a week. Then afterwards I jump on a mini trampoline for 30 minutes jogging in place and doing jumping jacks.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I do 40 mins of cardio on my treadmill four times a week and 3 days on the bowflex for strength. Had never worked out a day in my life until three years ago. I feel so much better both physically and mentally that it keeps me motivated .
root1979
5% products discount

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I play basketball almost everyday (except this week, hurt my knee from a "friendly" game) and I just start weight training again.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok, it's time for me to admit that at the moment I do.... no exercie. I know I know... That's bad. I just don't want to lose any more weight Sad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, you can eat lots of food to counter losing the weight! I know it is just as challenging to keep it on, when needed, as to lose it when desired.

I do:

TTapp
Walking on treadmill
Light weights
Bowflex
Biking (about to start mountain biking)
Rollerblading (it is FUN)
Hiking
Belly dancing
Rebounding (small trampoline)

In one form or the other and depending on my mood. I am ADD so like variety...a lot!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I do yoga and use some resistance bands. I wish I could do more but I, like Mabsy, don't want to lose weight! I've been having tummy trouble so my appetite is non-existant and most things that are fattening make me sick (fried food, bread, etc). My doctor is testing me for gluten sensitivity! Confused
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I run at least 7 miles a day and strength train 5 days a week. Also do pilates 3 days a week.

I'm a gym rat. I have to admit. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I used to be more active but I'll admit that now I don't do a heck of a lot. I really really enjoy hiking and being outdoors. I also love yoga. Reading how many of you are active daily makes me feel guilty and somewhat motivates me to do more. I've told myself that if I can afford to I'm going to take up fencing lessons in the fall. I've always wanted to learn to fence. Or maybe dance classes as I love music and dance. I like activities that are fun and don't feel like exercise. I was never in the mood to go to they gym even when I had a memebership. Total waste of money for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I regularly walk 2 hours (3 days a week) and do the gym 3 days a week. Sundays off for pigging out! Laughing

Mabsy - if you strength-train (gym) you will actually gain weight, as muscle is quite heavy. You will just be more toned, but not thinner! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:

Mabsy - if you strength-train (gym) you will actually gain weight, as muscle is quite heavy. You will just be more toned, but not thinner! Very Happy

Not necessarily. Especially the way women strength train, we usually do it to tone. So that means more reps and lighter weights. Although muscle might weigh more than fat, it also hangs to the body differently, and also burns calories. You can strength train and lose weight and actually become thinner.

P.S. Has anyone else experiencing a delay of replies on the other forums under skincare and product review, the site doesn't seem to be updating for some reason on my end.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Ballet. Have been doing it since i was 5.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
if you strength-train (gym) you will actually gain weight, as muscle is quite heavy. You will just be more toned, but not thinner! Very Happy

Yes, I have found that I lose weight (just a few pounds) on those occasions when I've taken a month or two off from the gym. Normally I do a lot of weights and/or swimming, and I guess I lose muscle mass.

Sportygirl - I have taken up your recommendation of push-ups for firming the upper arm, just for a few days now, and it's too soon to see results but I am definitely *feeling* a result .... PAIN in muscles which I didn't know I had! Laughing Laughing
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
sportygirl wrote:

Not necessarily. Especially the way women strength train, we usually do it to tone. So that means more reps and lighter weights. Although muscle might weigh more than fat, it also hangs to the body differently, and also burns calories. You can strength train and lose weight and actually become thinner.

P.S. Has anyone else experiencing a delay of replies on the other forums under skincare and product review, the site doesn't seem to be updating for some reason on my end.

I guess what I was referring to was more of a slight bulking up from working out, as opposed to being just "thin". Even though I weigh only 104 lbs, I look muscular and fit, not "thin". If that makes any sense. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
sportygirl wrote:

I guess what I was referring to was more of a slight bulking up from working out, as opposed to being just "thin". Even though I weigh only 104 lbs, I look muscular and fit, not "thin". If that makes any sense. Smile

In that case yes Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud---your walks sound like a movie scene, makes me want to go to france or something Smile

Mabsy--i wish i had your problem, i can easily gain a few pounds if i don't watch what i eat. i miss eating whatever i wanted and not paying the consequences.

my, we have some very active forum members!

i honestly don't like working out even though my days doing turbo jam are kinda fun (i hate the cindy crawford days, it's killer), i want to have real fun like when i was a kid playing chase or something. i wished i was a still a kid and there was no such thing as exercise, you just ran and skipped around 'just because' back then Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
i love to lift weights.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I used to go to the gym a couple of years ago...mostly it was to keep my daughter company..she didn't want to go alone. I never really enjoyed working out and aerobic exercise always gave me a headache, so I would just sit on the floor beside the big basket of magazines and read Embarassed One day I decided to get off my butt and try out some of the equipment and within a few weeks I started seeing results. I was so toned and felt so good...don't know if I lost any weight and didn't really want to, but my energy level was alot higher...so was my butt Very Happy I'm in ok shape right now, but could definitely use some toning...it's just so hard to get that motivation back. Confused
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love to walk outside. Don't like gyms or trainers. I love to garden & do chores that don't include cleaning. I find with walking and staying physically active around the house, its easy to maintain or lose weight if needed. Working in the heat gardening, guarantees me a 3 lb. loss for the day! (unfortunately, my scales say it's time for another day of gardening Embarassed )
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love working out as long as it doesn't involve coordination. I run, walk, do pilates (my newest), yoga, lift weights, roller blade, and ride a bike sometimes. My favorite thing to do is run. It's because I used to run with my dad when I was a kid, and it reminds me of him. Crying or Very sad I guess that's not much like working out to me. I got a really bad stress fracture a year ago, though, so that's when I added the yoga, which is nice but can be boring. My most hated thing in the world is squats and lunges.

Skincareaddicted, what is turbo jam? Also, does anyone kickbox? I've heard it's great, but I'm thiking you probably have to have coordination. I don't.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I love working out as long as it doesn't involve coordination. I run, walk, do pilates (my newest), yoga, lift weights, roller blade, and ride a bike sometimes. My favorite thing to do is run. It's because I used to run with my dad when I was a kid, and it reminds me of him. Crying or Very sad I guess that's not much like working out to me. I got a really bad stress fracture a year ago, though, so that's when I added the yoga, which is nice but can be boring. My most hated thing in the world is squats and lunges.

Skincareaddicted, what is turbo jam? Also, does anyone kickbox? I've heard it's great, but I'm thiking you probably have to have coordination. I don't.

so cute about your dad. my heart softens when i am reminded of childhood things too.

Tosca-- you may have seen the infomercials on tv for turbo jam--it's a series of exercise dvds that combines kickboxing, dance and something else...i can't remember for the life of me. but it's basically exercise dvds, some are cardio, some are strength/toning ones. i find them rather fun compared to other exercise dvds because the moves are easy once you learn them and the music isn't that terrible beat-y music that most exercise videos use and the instructor is real funny and cool. i turned to exercise dvds because i hated dragging myself to the crowded gyms and exercising there and i simply don't like running--i wish i did because it's such a basic excellent way to do cardio. i have stuck with turbo jam longer than i thought i could. at the beginning of this year, i started exercising using richard simmons sweatin to the oldies dvds because i was in such bad shape, and finally graduated to "normal" exercise videos. i still love the songs from those ricard simmons videos though Smile. If you're interested, you can check out turbo jam here:

http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=176&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1,2,21

also Tosca, i am very uncoordinated myself, (i never dance in public) but after a few clumsy starts i finally got the moves correctly and it feels great now. dancing is a much more fun way to exercise to me.

i agree, lunges and squats are the worst but boy, do they give the most results though! no pain, no gain i guess Confused

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
You ladies made me feel guilty and at least I went for a walk yesterday Smile

scalawaggirl - I generally can't eat when I'm not hungry (or I start feeling sick) so I have a pretty small "window of opportunity" when it comes to eating more Smile I tend to eat lots of fatty stuff to try to maintain my weight, which of course is even the more reason to exercie and keep the arteries clear...

I generally do lose weight when I do weights but I guess this may be exactly what ariesxtreme mentioned - I don't push myself hard enough and do more reps with less weight. Oddly, my cardio fitness level (that oxygen measurement they do) shoots up dramatically when I do just weights (no cardio). I never quite figured that out...

Bottom line is that I know I *should* exercise but also other factors (on top of weight loss - like say lazyness, working 11 hour days, etc) keeps me from doing it. I will have to try harder....
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks skincareaddicted. I went to the link and checked it out. It looks interesting. Maybe I'll get one and try it. If I can get the moves down, I'll make it a regular thing. I'm always looking for something fun, and it looks like a really good workout. I hate going to the gym too! I stopped my gym membership and bought a bowflex for my weight lifting.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |