Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I don't normally use a toner on a daily basis, but this one is definitely my fav! I really like the herbal smell & the fact that it doesn't irritate my skin at all...& virtually all toners I have ever tried all managed to irritate my skin! I generally only use this after I have used a mask on my face & it does a really good job getting rid of any residue, & always leaves my skin felling soooo soft & fresh...never tight, dry or sensitive.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner (100 ml / 3.4 floz)
Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner (100 ml / 3.4 floz)

Specially formulated for oily or blemished skin, Clarifying Toner balances excessive oiliness, soothes redness and irritation and minimises the appearance of blemishes, blackheads and enlarged pores.

Mabsy

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I've tried their normal toner, which was nice, but I keep hearing raves about the clarifying one. I must finally get to try this one day...

Thanks for your review Smile
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the clarifying toner for six weeks now, and my skin is showing improvement. I still get pimples, but the pores are tighter in the non-problem areas. So, I guess that it is working for me, and I am getting used to the smell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Safire, how would you describe your skin type? I had tried the Clarifying Toner several years ago, and it just didn't do the trick for me. I switched to the Facial Toner and now all is bliss! I'd thought my skin was oily and, thus, suited to the Clarifying Toner, but in reality I think my skin is primarily super-sensitive (though oily in spots).

So, my theory, based on my experience and some of the reports from other posters is that the Clarifying Toner is great for slightly oily skin and the Facial Toner better for dry, sensitive types. Just wondering if your experience corresponded to my very unscientifically sound conclusion. Smile
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
shanno at the moment I have combination skin, my cheeks are bit dry, my skin is very sensitive all over Rolling Eyes & I get occasional breakouts. I have never gotten a rash or reaction from this product, even though it has (plant-based) alcohol in it too.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I love this toner, at the moment I am using Witch Hazel but this is on my wish list for pamper purposes Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin. I've used the clarifying toner for the last 3 months (1 bottle) and have now switched to the regular one, upon the advice of the SA. She said that one shouldn't use the clarifying one long-term. Both are nice. I just spray it on, I don't use a cotton pad to wipe. HTH
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have started using this one and quite like it, but after reading some of the reviews I'm wondering if I should try the Facial Toner. My skin is very oily on the forehead, neither oily nor dry on the rest of my face, just with some blemishes and bumps, and it can be quite sensitive. Anyone else switched from one to the other?
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I have just started using it and it does not irritate me at all and feels nice on the skin, but... I don`t like the smell Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I love this toner and I really enjoy spraying on my face. I actually finishes 1 bottle a month. Guess I'm using too much, but then really love spraying it on my face.
osharon
5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I like this toner, fresh and clean, however, the atomizer sometimes didn't work. I think the trial size is much better and easier to use.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I've used it on and off for about 2 years, but I love it too. It's not too drying and it gives a nice glow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
smells good, i just wish it lasted longer..the bottle goes down so fast!
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Matherton wrote:
smells good, i just wish it lasted longer..the bottle goes down so fast!

Agreed!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I've gone through a few Dr H toners, and I realised that my skin did not like the grain alcohol at all. My skin was always slightly inflammed and badly dehydrated... not helped at all by the ingredients.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
here is the update after use of 1 bottle... it is not irritating, but it dehydrates me badly, due to alcohol I think. My skin is very tight and begging for moisture after it. so, not for me Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I really liked this aswell but again began to find it a little too astringent and i'm trying not to strip my skin of moisture even when my skin feels too oily. I'm now using Sophyto Organics Super Bioactive as a toner and find it far better.
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I've gone through a few Dr H toners, and I realised that my skin did not like the grain alcohol at all. My skin was always slightly inflammed and badly dehydrated... not helped at all by the ingredients.

I had the same problem with this product. I wanted to like it really bad because I heard so many good reviews on it. But the Alcohol was too much. Then again, any toner with Alc. always does this to me. I've learned that by this point.

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
l like it also, it is good to use on summer.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I found this way to dehydrating and it made my oily skin oilier.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:54 am      Reply with quote
it is dehydrating, as it contains alcohol, and it makes you oilier, as it is very astringent and takes all oil from your skin, thus stimulating it to produce even more oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
there's also sodium hydroxide...aka lye in it as well.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
well, to tell you the truth, I cannot understand why there are so many raves about Dr.H line... I don`t find this line that good.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
pure + simple, a chain of organic skincare retailers calls it the mcdonald's of the industry
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
"mcdonald's of the industry" - well said! Laughing
and that`s while the prices for it are much higher in the USA than they are here, in Germany.
more to that - I doubt that natural skincare can be beneficial for ageing skin - it needs stronger ingredients and actives. Lines like that can be basic lines for young skins without any serious problems to resolve.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |