Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
psf emergen-c repair serum 12%-any reviews for it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cherbearvx
5% products discount

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
" Brighten & even out skin tone. Reverse sun damage, lighten age spots, scarring, sun spots & freckles. Rebuild collagen & elastin for firmer, younger looking skin. Refine pore size."

This looks like a good serum for my acne prone skin, combo (vey dry cheeks, and oily t-zone). However I'm also on the acne.org skin regimen (cleanse, 2.5% benzoyle peroxide, spf moisturiser) so I was wondering if it'll be too harsh for my sensitive skin (the description says perfect for sensitive skin). reviews anyone? and when do you apply it? before the moisturiser and other treatments?

I'm also lemming Juicy apple peel for sensitive skin and notice that the only difference between the two peels (full strength and sensitive ones) is the absence of salicilic acid in the sensitive skin version. Are the results the same though?

thanks!

Cheryl

ps. anymore recommendations from PSF or juicy beauty for sensitive (result of harsh acne medecine :/ my skinwas oily before) , combo skin? it's so hard to find something good that'll cater for my dry cheeks and oily t-zone..argh.. cream for dry skin usually gives me blackheads if used for the drier areas of my face..

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I have VERY sensistive skin and rosacea, and I started using the PSF 12% about 10 days ago. I had good intentions to start out slow and use it every other day, but of course I had no self restraint, so I jumped right in. So far, it's been great - no irritation, not too drying. I also can be prone to acne, and no breakouts from it. I have also been using the R and R toner for the same amount of time, and I love it.
HTH
grumpy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
They claim it is stable, but I don't think it is. It turned brown after 4 month of purchase.

I also have Vit C serum from Cellular Skin RX for over 2 years and it is still has a clear yellow color.
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I have been usin PSF Emergen C 20% with no irritation, I do find it a little too hydrating for my combination skin, a little shiny.
cherbearvx
5% products discount

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Grumpy where did you buy Vit C serum from Cellular Skin RX? i don;t see it on EDS. thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
cherbearvx wrote:

This looks like a good serum for my acne prone skin, combo (vey dry cheeks, and oily t-zone). However I'm also on the acne.org skin regimen (cleanse, 2.5% benzoyle peroxide, spf moisturiser) so I was wondering if it'll be too harsh for my sensitive skin (the description says perfect for sensitive skin). reviews anyone? and when do you apply it? before the moisturiser and other treatments?

cherbearvx,
I have very sensitive skin and have not experienced any irritation from the C serum I use (IS Clinical Proheal which has 15% vitamin C). However, it really depends on your skin and is something that you will just have to try.
When I was researching C serums I was told not to apply them at the same time as benzoyl peroxide. I don't know exactly why but I believe it has something to do with the fact that BP is alkaline and vitamin c is acidic so they would sort of cancel each other out. It is also possible that using both would just be too irritating. Since BP is so irritating you may not even be able to use the C serum at all even if you are applying them seperatly. I stopped using BP before I started using C serums. I found that for me using BP meant a constant struggle trying to keep my skin from becoming irritated.
You apply the C serum once a day (most recommend in the morning) after cleansing. It is best to wait about 15 minutes after applying to put on your moistrizer/sunscreen.
EDS does have the Cellular Skin RX product. Here's the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-c-firmin-p_4142.htm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |