Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Recommend a good eye make up remover?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!

I feel like I haven't been "talking" with you all since forever! But rest assured, I read all the posts every day -- I just haven't had much to add due to limited time!

I haven't made an EDS purchase since . . . last November, I think! Remember my "streak" where I bought a new package every month? Ha ha ha, I had to constrain myself just a bit . . . but most of my products are being used up nicely and routinely!

I was wondering if you gals could recommend a good eye make up remover for waterproof mascara. I usually use L'oreal's eye make up remover (it's not too expensive and really great), but I've switched to a waterproof mascara recently and L'oreal isn't getting the mascara off. Yonka Gel Nettoyant can get the mascara off, but I feel better if I have a separate eye make up remover to do the job. Then the Gel Nettoyant can "get the rest" for me. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I don't care which brand -- just something that is soothing (not greasy / oily).

Thanks everyone!
Lisa Very Happy
Pooh Bear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa,
May I suggest the Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup remover by Lancome ?. It is great for waterproof mascara, non greasy and it does the job very well! Just wet a cotton pad with the remover and wipe your eyes, it's great! Give it a try! Wink
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Lisa,

For removing waterproof mascara, I totally agree with Pooh Bear that Bi-Facil from Lancome is the best, too, it's super good in removing all traces of eye makeup and very gentle to be used on the eye areas.

For non-waterfroof mascara, I'm now using Decleor Eye Makeup Remover and I'm really in love with it. It's very gentle and refreshing and definitly leaving no residue. The skin around my eyes actually looks brighter after being cleansed with it.
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I love the Lancome eye make up remover too, but do make sure you shake it! I didnt read label properly until after the first time I used it, and it sort of separates and has bits floating in it..sounds weird but it all mixes in when you shake it up.
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Gatineau floracil eye makeup remover is excellent, I have very sensitive eyes and this is the only one that doesn't sting and removes all types of eye make up.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey Lisa!

Sorry I don't really have a rec for you (though Phytomer Eau Marine Lotion is suposed to take off waterproof makeup - I only tried it on normal makeup) but I just wanted to say HI Very Happy

Glad to see you're still around and following the happenings on the forum. I think most of us at some stage had that "EDS streak" going on until our bathrooms decided that it was time to use up what we had stocked up on Smile

Hope all is well with you,
Mabsy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm sold on the Bifacil. The irony is . . . I use Lancome mascara (navy bleu) EXCLUSIVELY. Ha ha ha -- I guess I'll have to use Lancome's eye make-up remover to get off Lancome's mascara . . . makes sense, wouldn't you think?

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions!
Lisa
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would think so, Lancome Eye's girl.

Chunlisa, I read your post in which you give few good reasons why we shouldn't wear black mascara ( or something like that ) and should have navy blue. I have used wine mascara and auburn and brown and even purple one:P:P:P, but never tried navy blue. Which eyeshadow and eyeliner do you use with navy blue mascara?
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Babyfish!

I actually use a dark brown eyeliner with the navy blue mascara. I don't have double eyelids (I'm Asian and I haven't use the eyelid tape much ha ha ha), so my eyeliner goes right on the bottom of my eyelid -- so it's barely noticeable whether it's dark brown or neon pink. I sometimes use a blue eyeliner for special occasions, and I've noticed that the blue mascara is really noticeable with a blue eyeliner. Usually, with the dark brown eyeliner, the mascara just seems to be black or brown -- it's a deep blue so you can't really tell it's colored. Smile

Lisa
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi,all:
I just use a regular cleanser for my eye makeup (I never used the waterproof stuff, that's why I thought I didnt need to)!

My question is: is there a need to use a separate eye makeup remover even if I dont use those water-proof eye makeup at all? What's the texture of the eye makeup remover? Are they more gentle to the skin around eye areas as oppose to the regular facial cleanser? Thanks!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:02 am      Reply with quote
FYI, Lancome and Loreal are owned by the same so the formulations are probably very similar.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |